Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Bug-A-Salt" Gun. I thought it was a joke

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Bug-A-Salt" Gun. I thought it was a joke
    Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 5:27pm

^  I've become kinder to snails these days.  It happened when I read that some can live to 25 years.  Slugs are different.  They actually disgust me with their sticky, slimy ways.  My beloved Killer used to come home with slugs stuck to him.  It's tough to wash that slug slime off.

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

This would've been fun when I was a kid.  My friends and I would have been aiming for each others' eyes, of course.

It would have been perfect for slug and snail hunting.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 2:21pm

This would've been fun when I was a kid.  My friends and I would have been aiming for each others' eyes, of course.

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 6:08am
When I worked in a gun shop some 30 years ago, the old Marine that owned the place would hunt flies with an old Harrington and Richardson revolver loaded with .22 blanks.
It worked fine other than the little splats sprayed across the counters and display cases.
At least until one day a fly landed on his knee.
I told him he was going to end up looking like Jeff Goldblum after he blasted fly DNA into himself.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I wonder how well this works on the pets, spouse or unruly guest.
It's tough enough to keep this place clean without salt blasting everything.

On the Youtube page someone commented about the salt everywhere and I suggested it might be a tie in product for Dyson or Shark.

It's bad enough having salt on the roads in winter, I just can't see inviting it in to eat up all the metal inside the house as well.

That's the first thing I thought of. We have no road salt here but I can think of this eating all of the ferrous metal in the house!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:47am
Might I suggest an alternative?

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:10pm

^I wanted one until I read your review. Why? Because, growing up in Europe, sometimes we found we had to walk distances to get to our destination. Farmland was off-limits as there isn't a lot to grow the food for many, many people, so farmers were allowed to shoot at trespassers with salt-filled shotguns. That stuff stung!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:45pm
I watched a Youtube review of this thing where the guy actually went bug hunting with it. Useless against anything hard (beetles and such) and really only succeeded in killing flies. Problem was range. He had to be within a couple inches of said fly to kill it.

Most flies don't sit around when assalt rifles move toward them and wait for their grainy demise.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

On the Youtube page someone commented about the salt everywhere and I suggested it might be a tie in product for Dyson or Shark.

It's bad enough having salt on the roads in winter, I just can't see inviting it in to eat up all the metal inside the house as well.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 6:48pm
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 6:41pm
Caught this the other night and thought it was one of those fake commercials to get you to buy into the product rating scam.

But no, it exists.

Now if someone would just use it on the Cheerios bee.

It's featured in the latest Cabela's catalog as well, that's how I confirmed that it is real.

Seems like a natural for our old pal Vince Offer to sell!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic