Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mercenaries 2 video game "Oh No You Didn't" song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mercenaries 2 video game "Oh No You Didn't" song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mercenaries 2 video game "Oh No You Didn't" song
    Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 5:26am

I don't know what it is about this song, but I don't like it. This is a game aimed at teenage boys, yet the song has a teenage girl "oh no you didn't" hook in it. I know they're probably trying to contrast the rough rugged game with an upbeat catchy tune, but I just found it unpleasant. Dead

I know I'm probably going to somehow attract Mercenaries fans, but sorry, I don't like this one. Apparently lots of people online are in love with the song.
Sponsored Links

redruM13xx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redruM13xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 1:49pm
I thought it was stupid, too. I've only seen the commercial once but I'm sure that once I start to see it more often I won't be able to stand it. We should make a national list of annoying songs that shouldn't be allowed on television.
omegastar View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omegastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 2:05pm
Pathetic. All most like some stupid parody you'd see on South Park of video games like this.
Buffalo Bill View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 4:40pm
Well, at least the game looks beast.
Tammy Turbo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 5:38pm
That's G4 for you. Oh no you did'nt! oh noooo!  Tongue
I don't push the envelope,I lick it.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 9:43pm
I HATE THAT SONG.Thumbs%20Down

and now since they used that dumb phrase so many times in that ad I'm finally tired of it.

they say "oh no you did't/oh no you did'nt"

it SHOULD be

"oh no you didn't."
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 11:48pm
This just reminds me of one of those crappy memes some loser created on youtube. Remember corporate America forced memes aren't funny.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 10:17pm
Maybe because it was waaay late and I shoulda been asleep but I kinda liked it.  You usually don't hear guys say that so it caught attention.  I have only seen it twice so far, I suppose it would get tiresome if I heard it all the time.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 10:24pm

Good to see someone else cranked this one up; the tune drives me NUTS, not to speak of yet another violent, 'revenge-oriented' piece of work meant to 'entertain'. Saw this tweeky commercial for the first time while we were "educating ourselves" by watching G4 silliness, last weekend (we watched the 'Hurl!' marathon...Dead...the whoooole thing!); the commercial was on every break, it seemed.  

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 1:45am
I just got home from work today, where I was treated to 2 teenage boys yelling this song throughout my section. And of course, the loudest shout was for OH NO YOU DIDN'T. It doesn't  help that it was close to closing time and the rest of the store was dead silent.

....It also doesn't help that I was watching them because they were acting suspiciously, like they were going to try and shoplift Dead
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 1:55am
My husband wants this game........Big%20smile

Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:50am
Oh great, now that stupid song is going to be in my head again! Angry

I was wondering, is that supposed to be the voice of that grizzled 50 something mercenary?
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 5:09am
I actually like that song.  But I do not want the game.  I will just rent that instead
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 6:38pm
I thought the phrase "Oh no you didn't" went out in the mid 80's.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 8:27pm
I saw this ad and I laughed my ass off. It was kind of funny the first time, ............but I don't want to see it again...EVER!!!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Droshi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droshi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 11:17pm
Honestly I thought the commercial was awesome, but it's more from the graphic design aspect of it since that's what I'm in school for.

If you watch the high quality EA version on YouTube you can see that the whole commercial looks like it's on printed money (even the skin on the people looks like the ink style used on dollar bills), with the characters "popping" out of it, and it fits the song nicely. But I can see how someone who isn't interested in the visual design aspect of the commercial would hate it for the song, especially if they hear it over and over again.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 4:03am
the visuals aren't bad it's that stupid song I can't stand, it doesn't have longevity after one viewing. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
A1Evilboy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A1Evilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:30pm
Loved it. Even downloaded the song .mp3. "You owe meeeeeeeee!" line at the end in falsetto as everything explodes is great.  The words are what makes this song fun for gamers.

Thanks for posting so I can watch over and over and over again ;)
knowhatithink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowhatithink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 9:49pm
Oh no you did'int! My son knows all the words to this, I just make up my own words to it except for the Oh no you did'int part!! If you actually watch it's kinda depressing!
Foxtrot360 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxtrot360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 11:49pm

At first I probably didnt think it was bad, then it kinda got annoying after hearing it a few more times. I dont think its one of my kinda games though.

"not to speak of yet another violent, 'revenge-oriented' piece of work meant to 'entertain'"

As a gamer (Who plays all sorts of games), I hope you arent one of those "video games make people commit crime" people.

Thoughtninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thoughtninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 2:39am
I tolerated it the first time. Every viewing after was pure misery. They would have been better off blaring some random metal song in the background than that annoying ass one they chose.
Lurker87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Thoughtninja Thoughtninja wrote:

I tolerated it the first time. Every viewing after was pure misery. They would have been better off blaring some random metal song in the background than that annoying ass one they chose.

Perhaps.  Personally, I am a fan of specific genres of metal.  This "song" just annoys me in general.  I don't like their rhyme attempts or how they try to hit the high notes.  I think they could have done a lot worse, IMO, but it was still pretty annoying.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic