Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How did you decide on your username?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How did you decide on your username?
    Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 2:11pm
I wanted Thor but it was already taken.    Wink
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 2:22pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 2:32pm
^LOLLOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Cqldbakc Wilson Cqldbakc Wilson wrote:

My username comes from Coldwell Banker... I just removed and rearranged some letters(I removed about 8 letters, and substituted the O for a Q. The "bakc" was also from the word "Banker," or "bak,".
ConfusedI was positive you took it from you favorite movie, "Brokeback Mountain Thang".
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 5:43pm
During the C.B. Radio Fad of the 1970's my "handle" was Starship Regulus. I am a Trekker and  a Leo, and Regulus is the brightest star in the constellation Leo. "If the shoe fits wear it".
Poiuyt Power!!!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 9:34pm
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 2:58am
It was bloody easy, it's my name!
One man gathers what another man spills
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 5:19am
I read "Cqld" as "Cuckolded"....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 2:47am
As a kid my favorite comic was Sergeant Rock. When I was deployed overseas in 2000 My only experience with the internet was at work which was limited to official business. Everyone was opening MSN Hotmail accounts as an easy way to communicate with family. I had no home computer but my wife had access to a computer at work and an email address. After discovering sgtrock 1,2,3,4 was already taken I just went to 21. Success! Although the old Hotmail account is long gone I have kept the user name. Bye the way, I was a SGT.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

It was bloody easy, it's my name!

Same here.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 3:12am
I was watching The Big Lebowski and the name was available.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

As a kid my favorite comic was Sergeant Rock. When I was deployed overseas in 2000 My only experience with the internet was at work which was limited to official business. Everyone was opening MSN Hotmail accounts as an easy way to communicate with family. I had no home computer but my wife had access to a computer at work and an email address. After discovering sgtrock 1,2,3,4 was already taken I just went to 21. Success! Although the old Hotmail account is long gone I have kept the user name. Bye the way, I was a SGT.
Thank you for your service to our country!  You seem like such a sweet man.  I enjoy your posts.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 4:58pm

My username comes from Coldwell Banker... I just removed and rearranged some letters(I removed about 8 letters, and substituted the O for a Q. The "bakc" was also from the word "Banker," or "bak,".
Donathan, thanks for letting us know.  So, how many more usernames do you have already registered on CIH?  Inquiring minds need to know.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 6:51pm
I hate stupid commercials to the point of nausea and I also thought of the phrase "ad nauseum" and wala it fits!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

Donathan, thanks for letting us know.  So, how many more usernames do you have already registered on CIH?  Inquiring minds need to know.
LOLLOL
I'll try this again with a house full of people, I closed the page before I posted.
The old screen name, lkl is the initials of my 3 favorite people.
a a ron was from this key and peele skit, I had the FA add the K later.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Thank you for your service to our country!  You seem like such a sweet man.  I enjoy your posts.

Thank you! My 7 months in the former Yugoslavia and Hungary was actually enjoyable. Combat zone with zero combat. Just the way I like it!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 9:33pm
Way to go Sarge!  Thumbs Up
You stud.  Wink
We all like sarge, you will have to share him with the rest of us.  Approve
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Way to go Sarge!  Thumbs Up
You stud.  Wink
We all like sarge, you will have to share him with the rest of us.  Approve
Will do.  As for sharing, thanks for the totally hysterically funny skit.  I'm thinking the Substitute Teacher would call me Pee-Achez Blow Some.  LOL
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 5:21pm
^^ Keegan Key cracks me up.  I loved his gym coach character, which was similar to the substitute teacher, when he was on Mad TV LOL

I see the "Thang" made a reappearance over the holiday peachblossom called him out, yet the post she quoted is nowhere to be found.  Looks like it was another short stay for him LOL

My name just sorta came to me, with my birthday tagged on the end.   Actually it's semi-inspired by In the Mouth of Madness with one of my all time favorite movie quotes: "Sane and insane could easily switch places - if the insane were to become the majority you would find yourself locked in a padded cell wondering, 'What happened to the world?' "
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic