Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fitbit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fitbit
    Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 1:05pm
Made a horrible mistake of falling asleep with my TV on, this commercial woke me up! Angry
WTH is this!!

Sponsored Links

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 4:21pm
Thanks for finding this, a stupid commercial for an equally stupid product!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 4:55pm
horrible commercial, but actually not that bad a product. Not the one I'd go for, but I see the usefulness even in something as primitive and basic as Fitbit.

Just wish they didn't make me hate them with commercials like this....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 6:27pm
Yep. Another s-----y commercial with hipster "singing." So it's now Fitbit, Wendy's and Charter Spectrum (which is still the worst) with singing commercials almost every break. UGH! Jingles used to be much better in the late 1980s when there wasn't hipsters running all the commercials. 
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 6:31pm
Stupid commercial. And I'll keep my Polar fitness watch, thanks.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 7:52pm
^I went Samesung Gear 2 myself.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 10:01pm
Gag! That was terrible! I've only seen it muted on TV so this is first time I heard it. I miss the jingles of the 90s even the old Mentos jingle was better than this s#!t!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Stupid commercial. And I'll keep my Polar fitness watch, thanks.
Thank you, I didn't even know what they were trying to sell, I did see the 4 watches at the end.
With todays tech, does it measure your mileage or something?
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 8:10pm
I believe fitbit is a simple one that works as a pedometer/heartrate tracker, sending the information back to the phone. It's probably also similar to my watch in that you can have it monitor you constantly, so during walking, running, hiking, or cycling, it does a constant monitoring of heartrate to better calculate your calorie burning during the activity.

I'm happy with mine. The only reason I'd upgrade would be that the Gear S has built-in GPS and can function without a phone nearby (The Gear 2 operates via Bluetooth, so it only functions for texting, browsing, etc. when you're within a certain distance of your phone.)

But even then, I'd have to get it dirt cheap or free, so it'll probably be a year or so before I even begin considering that.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 4:56am
I remember (barely, thank god) a Comcast ad from a few years ago that was basically the same musical idea - a "tune" that's basically just one note. I'm not sure what's more annoying - the relentless nothingness of the "song" itself, or the fact that some idiot that calls himself a "composer" is making all kinds of money from "writing" this garbage. (Which is the same question I had whenever I heard the Comcast ad.)

But yeah  it could be worse. You could have the Wendy's folks trying to sing THIS ad...off key...;-)
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 5:57am
Wow. It's like as if they passed a law that all startup tech commercials have to have jingly bullsh*t "music" with "oohhhhh"s and "owwwehhhoooo"s. At least there's no vocal fry singing this time.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 2:33am
This is an annoying commercial and I hate how NOISY and bad this song is! It's so terrible!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 2:34pm

Anyone notice the "holy $#*!fit" near the end?  Seems admen are finding new ways to get the forbidden words into their ads.  Same with the PGA Superstore commercial---"He took a sh*tzu on the green".   And then there was "I shipped my pants".  I think that was UPS.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Anyone notice the "holy $#*!fit" near the end?  Seems admen are finding new ways to get the forbidden words into their ads.  Same with the PGA Superstore commercial---"He took a sh*tzu on the green".   And then there was "I shipped my pants".  I think that was UPS.

I noticed that. I just picture the VERY detailed letter to the FCC from KMart, Verizon, etc before these ads get the green light.

"Dear FCC. Please understand that we are using the words 'SHIPPED MY PANTS', 'HALF FAST.'
This hopefully will clear up any confusion and no fines will be imposed..." blah blah.

Speaking of Verizon, that now old and unfunny term 'half fast' Christmas ad with the spoiled sh*ts getting nice electronics on Christmas morning - then complaining to the parents the gifts are half-assed (thats how I take hear it). I just wanna smack them!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 12:04am
I thought you can't say that on teevee. Because that is what I keep hearing in that ad.
Without hurting me,
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 12:45am
This song is kinda catchy! OMG what is happening to me!?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:29am
I think this one sucks too. Thumbs Down
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Don't waste any time! Sit yourself down with a pair of headphones and throw a Black Sabbath or Jimi Hendrix CD on. Set the CD player to repeat, and don't get up until the Fitbit voices have left your head.
CaptainErnie - Rock & Roll Doctor
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:57am

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I kinda like the rhythm.  Reminds me of Subterranean Homesick Blues, Life is a Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me), and Ca Plane Pour Moi.

The lyrics, however, are just commercial stupid.

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 2:31am
Or you could try singing "It's a Small World" over and over, loudly. I frequently use that to get rid of earworms.

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 5:11am
Or you could just yell at the TV whenever the ad comes on... substitute whatever comes to mind.  "BitchFit, Nit Wit, Pick a Peck of Horse (poop)".   Hell, it makes the same amount of sense, which is none anyway!Wink 
CapeCat
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 12:46am
You need Dir en grey instead.
Without hurting me,
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 5:03am
^Just downloaded their newest album. I quite like it, actually. As much as I like them, They're usually a 'song' band for me rather than full albums.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 6:12pm
I'm thinking they may have sneaked it in at the deadline to win the CIH worst of 2014.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 8:36pm
I still mute it, its still not my favorite, I noticed they got rid of "$@#% bit" and replaced it with "Woah Bit" very lame, we can't even as hint or suggestion of swearwords without somebody having a fit!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic