Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ruth's Steakhouse - Girl from Criminal Minds?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ruth's Steakhouse - Girl from Criminal Minds?
    Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 2:20am
Looks like her.

Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 5:13am
Yes, I noticed this, too. I watched C.M. for about the first 5 seasons and like many other shows, she was dropped for another chick. I like Paget Brewster okay but I still like this woman, Lola Glaudini much better. I have always been a "purist" in that I hate it when shows cut or drop or even they leave on their own original characters. They got rid of Kate on NCIS and I never really care for Ziva or whatever her name was. Ruined it for me--I really stopped watching it after seeing a few shows with her in it.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Yes, I noticed this, too. I watched C.M. for about the first 5 seasons and like many other shows, she was dropped for another chick. I like Paget Brewster okay but I still like this woman, Lola Glaudini much better. I have always been a "purist" in that I hate it when shows cut or drop or even they leave on their own original characters. They got rid of Kate on NCIS and I never really care for Ziva or whatever her name was. Ruined it for me--I really stopped watching it after seeing a few shows with her in it.

I don't care about cast changes, personally, as long as the new cast doesn't suck. I like Joe Mantegna fine but I do wish Mandy Patinkin had stayed around longer on Criminal Minds, but I also prefer Paget Brewster to Lola, so I'm fine with the change. I really did not like the lady they added...I dunno, season 9 I think(character's name is Blake IIRC), and I haven't seen any of the current season with Jennifer Love Hewitt(but my hopes aren't high).

Ziva doesn't bother me, but I'm apparently not as enthralled with her as a lot of the NCIS fanbase was, either.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I don't care about cast changes, personally, as long as the new cast doesn't suck. I like Joe Mantegna fine but I do wish Mandy Patinkin had stayed around longer on Criminal Minds, but I also prefer Paget Brewster to Lola, so I'm fine with the change. I really did not like the lady they added...I dunno, season 9 I think(character's name is Blake IIRC), and I haven't seen any of the current season with Jennifer Love Hewitt(but my hopes aren't high).

Ziva doesn't bother me, but I'm apparently not as enthralled with her as a lot of the NCIS fanbase was, either.
CM has long been one of my favorite shows.
Agreed about Mandy Patinkin - he made the show great, but I will give Mantegna credit - he rebuilt it on his own character, but he never would be able to replace 'Gideon'.
As far as the 'rotating position', I believe they are now on either the 6th or 7th female character in that position - and, I, for one, liked 'Blake' a lot more than JLH, or a number of the predecessors (probably because she was more realistic for me - lot more like 'da Missus).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 4:21pm
When people ask me which chain food restaurant I like, I always say RUTH'S CHRIS. Now I want a serving of their creamed spinach and steak.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 4:24pm
^I've never been to one...and just saying the name feels wrong (the name has always mentally twisted me)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^I've never been to one...and just saying the name feels wrong (the name has always mentally twisted me)

Me too with the name. It doesn't roll well.

We took my Dad here on his birthday one year - wow - probably 15 years ago.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 5:53pm

CM has long been one of my favorite shows.
Agreed about Mandy Patinkin - he made the show great, but I will give Mantegna credit - he rebuilt it on his own character, but he never would be able to replace 'Gideon'.
As far as the 'rotating position', I believe they are now on either the 6th or 7th female character in that position - and, I, for one, liked 'Blake' a lot more than JLH, or a number of the predecessors (probably because she was more realistic for me - lot more like 'da Missus).

Criminal Minds is the one show I really watch(well, till recently) that's not a cable show. Yeah, Mantegna has done fine with the show, but I always liked Gideon and still wish he'd make a return appearance, even if just a guest spot or something.

As for the revolving female position, you're close it's been filled by 4 characters. It was Elle in season 1 and part of season 2, Prentiss for the remainder of season 2 through season 7(with a guest appearance in season 9), Blake for season 8 and 9, and currently whoever JLH's character is. I like Prentiss best, prefer Elle to Blake, and haven't seen JLH's character so I can't comment.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 6:19pm
One of my bosses took the whole crew to Ruth's Chris on the north side of Indy, great steaks!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 1:47am

Criminal Minds is the one show I really watch(well, till recently) that's not a cable show. Yeah, Mantegna has done fine with the show, but I always liked Gideon and still wish he'd make a return appearance, even if just a guest spot or something.

As for the revolving female position, you're close it's been filled by 4 characters. It was Elle in season 1 and part of season 2, Prentiss for the remainder of season 2 through season 7(with a guest appearance in season 9), Blake for season 8 and 9, and currently whoever JLH's character is. I like Prentiss best, prefer Elle to Blake, and haven't seen JLH's character so I can't comment.
There were a few short-term fill-ins: 1.) the daughter of the serial murderer (blond girl) was on a few episodes  2.) The cute girl who got in trouble for making up an untrue statement to the media, for a few episodes.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 1:56pm

There were a few short-term fill-ins: 1.) the daughter of the serial murderer (blond girl) was on a few episodes  2.) The cute girl who got in trouble for making up an untrue statement to the media, for a few episodes.

I don't recall the number 1 there honestly...the number 2 though was a fill in for A.J. Cook(J.J.) who took time off for her pregnancy. She was there while Prentiss was there, not part of that revolving role, and was never intended to be a replacement, just a fill in for the "media liason" role while Cook was having her baby.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 3:44pm

Apparently, Ruth never liked it either.  She had to change the name (from Chris Steak House) when she changed locations (due to a fire), but wanted to let it be known that this was the same restaurant that people had come to know.  So, she added "Ruth's" to it, but never liked the new name.  This, per Wikipedia.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 3:59pm

I don't recall the number 1 there honestly...the number 2 though was a fill in for A.J. Cook(J.J.) who took time off for her pregnancy. She was there while Prentiss was there, not part of that revolving role, and was never intended to be a replacement, just a fill in for the "media liason" role while Cook was having her baby.
Agent Ashley Seaver (her father was a serial killer the BAU caught years before)
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 3:24pm

Agent Ashley Seaver (her father was a serial killer the BAU caught years before)

Now I remember her. She also replaced A.J. Cook, when the network decided not to renew her contract. That was season 6 I believe, then after massive complaints and petitions from the fans(which were signed by the other cast members as well), plus open hostility about the decision from the rest of the cast(either Shemar Moore or Thomas Gibson did an inteview where they referred to her firing as "bullsh*t") the network brought J.J. back so Seaver was gone. That whole mess really gave me some extra respect for the rest of the cast. They disagreed with the network's decision, and they made no attempts to try to tow the company line or be ambiguous or diplomatic about what they thought of it.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 4:19pm
Seeing this ad again.

I still watch the show Criminal Minds..but eh..I think it may have run it's course, kind of thought this for the past 2 seasons. Maybe this season..perhaps one more and I think it should just end - give it proper series finale. The series has survived so many casting changes..but the ratings this season are dropping fast.

Big fuss over the summer was a total fallout after an altercation of  Thomas Gibson ("Hotch") with the producer - he was canned. He was in the few episodes this season but just kind of disappeared the last 3 weeks ("he was off-site for a conference") But Paget is back yet again, looks like as a regular.

Last week they made no mention of him, Kind of wondering the show will even acknowledge his departure. Would be completely stupid just to ignore his leave.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Seeing this ad again.

I still watch the show Criminal Minds..but eh..I think it may have run it's course, kind of thought this for the past 2 seasons. Maybe this season..perhaps one more and I think it should just end - give it proper series finale. The series has survived so many casting changes..but the ratings this season are dropping fast.

Big fuss over the summer was a total fallout after an altercation of  Thomas Gibson ("Hotch") with the producer - he was canned. He was in the few episodes this season but just kind of disappeared the last 3 weeks ("he was off-site for a conference") But Paget is back yet again, looks like as a regular.

Last week they made no mention of him, Kind of wondering the show will even acknowledge his departure. Would be completely stupid just to ignore his leave.

Yeah, the show's been kinda floundering for awhile. First you had the 2 or 3 seasons without Paget Brewster, then Shemar Moore left, then Gibson got fired...you've just lost too much of the character interplay for my tastes. Same thing that happened to SVU when Chris Meloni(followed shortly thereafter by Richard Belzer) left and where replaced by much less interesting or charismatic actors(like that wooden blonde chick they hired). Sure, the show kept going, and good ol' Ice-T gives it his best, but it still lost a lot of what made it good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic