Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prius rain car wash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prius rain car wash
    Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 9:31pm
Gotta be politically correct, donchaknow...

Totally f*cktarded.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 9:38pm
Engrish version please?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 12:42am

Washing a Prius in the rain to save water.  

Hmmm...

Kinda makes me wanna gag.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 1:04am
I've washed my old pickup truck in the rain to save water on several occasions.

Nothing wrong with it.

What's funny is hearing that from somebody who lives in a state where there's barely enough water left to allow the residents to flush their toilets.

Another year or so & you all will be doing your business in holes dug in your back yards.

The idea of washing your cars in the rain will start to look a lot more appealing then I'm guessing.

If you ever get any rain again, that is.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 1:34am

I'll bet when I wash my car, I use maybe 10 gallons of water at most.  And it's bigger than a Prius.  So, spare me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 2:04am
Whoever it was in the commercial who washed their Prius in the rain used zero gallons of water.

And then, when you multiply your ten gallons (& more) of wasted water x a couple-a few million other water wasters in your state every week x 52 weeks in a year, you're soon talking about hundreds of millions, if not billions of gallons of water per year, wasted on concrete driveways & asphalt parking lots.

So really, unless you are the only resident of California (or thinks that you are) who washes his car, the idea of saving water by washing your car in the rain is not something to be scoffed at after all.

Of course, you have to actually have rain to wash your car in it to begin with.

Another couple of years & it will likely all be moot anyway, as washing cars will probably be illegal out there anyway.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 2:57am

Whether we conserve or not, we need better water management in this state.  The population of the state has doubled in the last 50 years, a severe drought has always been on the horizen---yet the state didn't do anything to plan for it.

CALIFORNIA BAD TO ITS BONES

...Although there’s little hope we can go back to the era of massive building during the Pat Brown years, we could certainly get a lot smarter about how we can rebuild the state and return to sustained, widespread growth. The water crisis, which has plagued the state repeatedly over generations, would have been less severe had we built more storage facilities during the wet years, notes economist Bill Watkins, and improved our ability to move water across the state. Yet, as Sacramento Bee columnist Dan Waltershas pointed out, the environmentalists who suggest California may experience long-term drought conditions due to climate change have also opposed such practical steps to cope with the problem...

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 3:04am
I'm in Western Oregon. I just let the rain wash off the Birds**t by itself!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 3:11am
From what I understand it's got a lot to do with the antiquated, wasteful irrigation methods your farmers employ as well as the water intensive crops they choose to grow.

Quote In California, farm irrigation presently account for approximately 75% of consumptive water use in the state. Much of this farm irrigation is for highly water intensive crops, such as alfalfa, rice and cotton. At a time when many California cities face water supply shortages and additional instream flow is needed to restore endangered fisheries and water quality, inefficient irrigation practices in California’s agricultural sector have come under increasing scrutiny.

http://ggucuel.org/report-finds-wasteful-farm-irrigation-is-unconsitutional

Sounds like they need to switch to crops that use less water & utilize more efficient irrigation practices.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 3:13am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

During the part of the year that we get rain without lightning, I'll get out & wash the truck in the rain & let it rinse off the dirty soap, etc.

Uses no water whatsoever.

C'mon, man!
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 3:18am
The Prius, a rain wash - they sure are environmentally conscientious.

But wait... that lawn looks pretty nice; freshly cut, no bare spots, perfectly edged.  Maybe the work of a lawn service company using chemicals, power tools, weed killers.  Do they have a sprinkler system too?

And that kitchen window.  Looks single-pane to me, a real energy waster.

Too bad... these hypocrites are actually destroying the environment!

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

During the part of the year that we get rain without lightning, I'll get out & wash the truck in the rain & let it rinse off the dirty soap, etc.

Uses no water whatsoever.

When I visited Central Florida (Orlando) last May I was treated to 3 days of thunderstorms and torrential rain. I thought I was still at home! It then turned to sunny and 90 degrees but for some reason was not humid
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 4:21am

When I visited Central Florida (Orlando) last May I was treated to 3 days of thunderstorms and torrential rain. I thought I was still at home! It then turned to sunny and 90 degrees but for some reason was not humid

Usually it's not very humid yet in May.

Usually.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 4:25am

Usually it's not very humid yet in May.

Usually.

It just surprised me as I was once in Alabama in May and it was over 100 degrees and humid as hell. Louisiana and Mississippi in July was worse but Missouri in May and June was horrible. 105 degrees and your clothes and shoes were soaking wet without getting near water. My first time in Houston was in August. As I was walking through the tunnel between the airplane and terminal I was starting to gasp. An older Texan behind me said "Son. This is Houston. Ya gotta chew your air before ya suck it in"! The hottest I've been is Camp Roberts California near Paso Robles. 122 degrees in the shade if you could find any. Of course it was a dry heat. Like sitting in an oven! We have many summer days here between 80-85 degrees with 40% humidity. Perfect! I hear many locals complaining that they can't stand the heat. They have obviously never experienced actual heat.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 4:37am
It varies.

Some years the summer weather arrives earlier than other years.

C'mon, man!
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 2:27am

It varies.

Some years the summer weather arrives earlier than other years.

In Minnesota, sometimes summer is on a Tuesday, and sometimes you get lucky and it's on a Saturday or Sunday.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 2:49am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

In Minnesota, sometimes summer is on a Tuesday, and sometimes you get lucky and it's on a Saturday or Sunday.

Good one!!!

I'll have to remember it.

There's a guy who I fight & trade insults with on another forum, who lives right outside of Minneapolis.

We're always knocking each other's home state.

I'll have to use that one on him sometime...

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 2:57am

We have many summer days here between 80-85 degrees with 40% humidity. Perfect! I hear many locals complaining that they can't stand the heat. They have obviously never experienced actual heat.

I would kill for weather like that around here during the summer!!!

But we make up for our three or four months a year of summer discomfort with about six or eight months of almost perfect weather.

You can't beat Florida winters.

C'mon, man!
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 9:00am
Every Prius I see around here is spanking clean and we haven't had enough rain to wash our hands, let alone our cars.  Makes you go "hmmm".

BTW, why does this kid keep washing the same spot on the windshield? As far as I can see, it's already clean.  Also, if there's enough rain to wash the car, wouldn't the kid be soaking wet?  

And why aren't proud mom and dad outside doing the laundry in the rain?  And taking a shower in the rain?  No, they'll just stay all nice and warm, drinking their coffee and smiling while junior gets sick washing their statement car.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 4:47pm
Its Commercial Land nothings supposed to make sense!

I agree on those four points though.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
potofgold View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote potofgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

But wait... that lawn looks pretty nice; freshly cut, no bare spots, perfectly edged.  Maybe the work of a lawn service company using chemicals, power tools, weed killers.  Do they have a sprinkler system too?

Too bad... these hypocrites are actually destroying the environment!

I realize you're probably just making a joke, but I have less of a problem with this commercial and the idea of using the rain to your advantage than I do with the snark I'm seeing directed at the people trying to use their resources wisely.

This commercial is might not be set in California - there's no front plates on the car.
My own lawn is pretty nice, no bare spots, etc. too and I don't use chemicals or weed killers on it. I just use an old school push mower and an electric trimmer when it's needed. The only water that falls on my lawn comes from the sky. We also have rain barrels that we use for watering our garden when it needs it. I do have single pane glass windows - in the winter time I use the plastic insulation sheets on them and heavier curtains. It's surprisingly effective, my heating bill was cut in half the first year I did it and it costs significantly less than getting double paned windows installed. 
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 2:41am
Originally posted by potofgold potofgold wrote:

Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

Too bad... these hypocrites are actually destroying the environment!

I realize you're probably just making a joke, but I have less of a problem with this commercial and the idea of using the rain to your advantage than I do with the snark I'm seeing directed at the people trying to use their resources wisely.

This commercial is might not be set in California - there's no front plates on the car.
My own lawn is pretty nice, no bare spots, etc. too and I don't use chemicals or weed killers on it. I just use an old school push mower and an electric trimmer when it's needed. The only water that falls on my lawn comes from the sky. We also have rain barrels that we use for watering our garden when it needs it. I do have single pane glass windows - in the winter time I use the plastic insulation sheets on them and heavier curtains. It's surprisingly effective, my heating bill was cut in half the first year I did it and it costs significantly less than getting double paned windows installed.  

I don't think that EasyChango was being snarky at all, just making some observations about the special kind of hypocrisy that seems to be part of the Prius cult.  I would really love to smack those parents' smug faces.  At least give the kid a raincoat and get out there and wash the car with him.  
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 2:50am
When the rain rinses off your dirty soap, let's hope it's a type of soap that will do the least possible damage to the soil and its inhabitants. I mean, if you want to get all sacred about it. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:16am
Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

When the rain rinses off your dirty soap, let's hope it's a type of soap that will do the least possible damage to the soil and its inhabitants. I mean, if you want to get all sacred about it.

Most soaps nowadays aren't toxic to the environment.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:21am
Originally posted by potofgold potofgold wrote:

I agree. I understand the hatred of commercials, but I'm not going to fault any company for encouraging respect for the environment via their ads.

I don't water my yard either. I wish the damned thing would get LESS water!!

But yeah, there is a lot of snark going on over something that's pretty innocuous.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic