Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever ordered something,...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever ordered something,...
    Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 4:33pm
And get TWO of them in the mail?!!

It happened to me yesterday. This past July I took the liberty of pre-ordering a DVD Box Set of State Trooper from The Big River (Today is the day it gets officially at all of the Brick & Morter Stores). You can imagine my surprise when I opened up the package and discovered there were TWO box sets in it! Shocked The Invoice from amazon said one set only (Bear in mind Federal Law says if you get an item in the mail that you didn't order, YOU GET TO KEEP IT!). Big smile  So what am I going to do with the duplicate? This December I'm going to give to a friend as a Christmas Present. Cool
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 4:41pm
I once got 2 copies of the same CD I ordered. Didn't do me any good though, as the CD wasn't remotely new, so everyone I knew who listened to the same kind of music as me either already had it or had deliberately chosen not to buy it because they weren't a fan of the specific band to begin with.

Doesn't help that most people I know who listen to the same music live in other states(or countries), so even if I wanted to gift it and knew someone that wanted it, I'd then have to go get a padded envelope or mailing box, and deal with the hassle of going to the post office to mail it out.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 4:45pm

One day, all my emails came in twice.  That's about it.  Didn't do me much good.

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 5:18pm
I once rented a book back in college and they sent me two. I only returned one. Big smile
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 4:22am
I have the opposite problem:  I order something, and it arrives with parts missing or broken....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 4:31am

Have you ever ordered something,...

Yes.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 6:03am
About 20 years ago I ordered a telephone hybrid (a gadget that allowed me to talk to callers on the air through my microphone). Two weeks later it still hadn't arrived so I called and they got hold of another station that had one on trial and got them to send it to me.

Couple months go by and the one I ordered finally ships.
I called, but they didn't want the other one back, so to this day I have two of the things.
Like I'll ever use them! But they were $500 each.
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 5:41pm
When I was a teenager I ordered this tube of SUPER lip balm like chapstick that was hyped up in a magazine ad. Well the package arrived and I opened it to find TWO tubes...not lip balm though, unbelievably, FOOT CORN REMOVER!! How the HELL did THAT happen?
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 12:40am
A few years ago I got a Box Set of the children's show The Red Hand Gang in the mail that I didn't order. The return address was for some firm in Los Angeles. None the less I kept the little bugger. If there are two things I know it's;

1. Don't look a Gift Horse in the mouth.

2. NEVER pass up a "freebie"  (If you do it WILL come back to haunt you!)
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic