Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nature's Path 'Pumpkin Flax Granola' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature's Path 'Pumpkin Flax Granola' (video)
    Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 1:52am
Confused...what the flax?! 'Mom & Dad' are either just too happy to be making a commercial, or the entire fam lives on a stinkin' commune.
Too much smiling and positive encouragement for such bad manners from your very own spermmistake.  
When our pups pulled that crap, they suffered the wrath of whichever one of us caught them (at least the message was always the same) and they never would do such a thing, again. Heck, we never knew what kind of germs they were harboring, much less what they had in their mouths when we weren't looking. 
And, just for the record, 'Pumpkin Flax'? Doesn't that sound like a 'cleaner'? SURPRISE! It is great for eliminating internal parasites and, well, guess that means it really spit-shines the ol'colon.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 2:04am

Oh, just pour yourselves a bowl of goddammed Cap'n Crunch like normal people.

Otherwise, don't advertise flax and pumpkin seeds as being a part of your cereal.  Advertise the honey and raisins.  Pumpkin seeds and flax (whatever the hell that is) and twigs and whatever don't appeal to too many people other than constipated old hippies.

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 2:42am
Actually, this cereal rocks!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 2:56am
^oh, I bet it does - pumpkin seeds alone are a great snack..I'll probably grab a box, but I DO like my Shredded Tweet Wheat and Cap'n Crunch...it's just this commercial is as annoying as someone playing with that soft spot on one's head...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 5:20am
What a wonderful example of self-indulgent brats and indulgent parents.  The kid grabs the box from his father's hand?  WTF???  They sit there with ineffectual remarks and smile at their darling angel as he scarfs from the box and drinks milk from the carton?  But it's OK because its organic?  Is he the one who earned the money to pay for the groceries to put on the breakfast table?  No, the stupid, silly bitch wife/mother thinks it's all OK because it's organic.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:00am
Next is pine cone cereal. Yum! We know how that worked out for the late Euell Gibbons!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Next is pine cone cereal. Yum! We know how that worked out for the late Euell Gibbons!
LOLGibbons made himself famous with some comment about the edible parts of pine trees...and, well, before I was old & stupid, I was young & stupid. I believed him, loving the smell of pines so much, but I never read the books - just tried the different parts and never found the 'tasty', much less 'healthy', edible portions of pine trees. I eventually gave up and settled for sniffing bottles of pine-sol, when the urge hit and I couldn't stop 'jonesing'...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 9:38pm
^ Jonesing on Pine-Sol LOL LOL

My local grocery stores don't carry pine edibles.  Darn!  Unhappy
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 10:15pm
Uh oh...you mean... that big bag of Feline Pine is not cereal???Ouch
CapeCat
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 5:08am
LOL ROFLMAO!
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 12:18am
No, ma'am, you didn't do good - you raised a brat.  I bet Mom drives a Prius and thinks that makes it okay to cut people off on the freeway. In my neck of the woods it seems like every third car is a Prius and a lot of Prius drivers (not all, but many) have this attitude that they're exempt from common road etiquette.

With that said, I love NP Pumpkin Flax granola
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:56am

I guess I'm in the minority here, what with the bowl of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch I had this morning.  LOL

I like granola, but flax just doesn't sound like something I wanna eat.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 4:40am
^you probably have it confused with 'flannel'. Yea, flannel...that is something that doesn't sound 'tasty'.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 5:27am

Flax is a textile, too.  I'd rather not eat textiles.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority here, what with the bowl of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch I had this morning.  LOL

I like granola, but flax just doesn't sound like something I wanna eat.

Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch is the best.  Even better than Pumpkin Flax Granola, I'll admit.  
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 7:50am
1) Over enunciated 's' sounds. It's 2014's vocal fry.
2) I get the feeling "Nature's Path" is a euphemism for my asshole.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

LOL! Daaaaamn! THAT started my morning and sent me right to the bowl.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 4:04pm
Guess what I just had for breakfast?  Greek yogurt with NP Pumpkin Flax Granola and strawberries.  I have to tell you folks this stuff is really good, and you can get a huge box on the cheap at Costco.  Of course I immediately thought of this thread!  
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Yesssss!  Those goody-goody shopping girl voices do it all the time.  I hate it!  I didn't know what to call it.  It's like they get extra points for making the "s" extra exaggerated or something.  Thumbs Down

I think that Nature's Path is the pathway nature intended.  LOL  And with all that flax, it shouldn't take too long.  LOL

P.S. I'd like to step on that voiceover chick's "path"!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Yesssss!  Those goody-goody shopping girl voices do it all the time.  I hate it!  I didn't know what to call it.  It's like they get extra points for making the "s" extra exaggerated or something.  Thumbs Down

Goody-goody shopping girl voice... perfect description!
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 11:06pm
Holy cow this commercial drives me crazy. "haha it's orgaaaaanic" stfu, geeze. So kids can act like punks as long as they eat something organic. Really? So if little Bobby robbed the liqueur store it'll be ok because he had "haha orgaaaaaanic" chicken for dinner and orgaaaaanic pumpkin cereal for breakfast? This commercial makes me want to eat not organic just to spite them. Actually I don't think I eat much organic as it is but still. Grrr. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:23pm
Although the commercial sucks overall I enjoy Mom being the idiot for a change.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Autumn Autumn wrote:

Holy cow this commercial drives me crazy. "haha it's orgaaaaanic" stfu, geeze. So kids can act like punks as long as they eat something organic. Really? So if little Bobby robbed the liqueur store it'll be ok because he had "haha orgaaaaaanic" chicken for dinner and orgaaaaanic pumpkin cereal for breakfast? This commercial makes me want to eat not organic just to spite them. Actually I don't think I eat much organic as it is but still. Grrr. 

I wonder if the backwash little Bobby left in that carton of milk adds to the nutritional content of the bowl of cereal.  My parents woulda been pissed if I ever drank right from the carton.

Also, why are families who eat cereal regularly buying milk in quarts?  The guy in the father-daughter-golf commercial also has only a quart bottle (in glass, no less).  Quarts are for people who just use milk for their coffee.

sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 1:01pm
Her son's saliva is also "orgaaanic," so the dumbass probably thinks it fortifies the milk with good bacteria or some sh*t.
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 4:13am
Originally posted by sjh4889 sjh4889 wrote:

Her son's saliva is also "orgaaanic," so the dumbass probably thinks it fortifies the milk with good bacteria or some sh*t.

I'm always tempted to offer the "but it's orgaaaaanic" crowd a cup of arsenic-laced hemlock. Aw, c'mon!!! All the ingredients are all-natural and organic, so it MUST be good for you, right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic