Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Macaroni Grill 'Fat Flat Breads...' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Macaroni Grill 'Fat Flat Breads...' (video)
    Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 4:30pm
ConfusedEvery stinkin' time this commercial plays, I suddenly feel bloated and tired and every woman I look at instantly has an ass three times the size it should be.
"Baby Got Back"? Probably because you took her to Macaroni Grill way too many times.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 4:47pm
There needs to be a new law.
NOBODY is allowed to use this song for ANYTHING, ever again.  Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 4:49pm
Good grief first Target, now this! When will corporations stop making parodies of "Baby Got Back"?????

They're aught to be a LAW against it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 11:26pm
Marketing people are milking the trending 90s nostalgia. Blame today's 20-somethings.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 1:45am

Whatever that thing is in the screen capture above, it looks pretty damned good.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 1:57am
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Marketing people are milking the trending 90s nostalgia. Blame today's 20-somethings.

Well then, @#$% the 90s! The late 90s sucked! But even in the mid and early 90s we had Waco, The Oklahoma City bombing, the first WTC bombing,don't forget TWA Flight 800! Yeah I'd really like to go back to THAT!

The only thing that was cool about the 90s was the amount of Star Trek was on TV and movies.

Besides, the only reason why we have this "nostalgia" for the 90s is because of 9/11! If that event didn't happen we wouldn't give two s#$%s about the 90s! BTW before the attacks I thought the towers were boxy and corporate. Now I wish they were back. Thinking more about it it would disrespectful to show nothing happened and the new plan, which is growing on me. Is way too far along to be changed now. Besides the original towers had a good run for their time. They fit into their time. Now? Not so much.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 4:56am
Nikki Minaj already got to this song as well.

But anyway, the best of the 90s is pretty much the early part when they were still trying to copy the 80s. It was the first so-so generation, with the 2000s being the first truly bad one.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

But anyway, the best of the 90s is pretty much the early part when they were still trying to copy the 80s. It was the first so-so generation, with the 2000s being the first truly bad one.

Nicki Minaj (real name Onika Miraj, HAD TO CHANGE THAT CUZ OMG NICKI MINAJ IS TOTES DIFFERENT!): F*CKING worst "singer" in the history of the world.  And the godd*mn sampling of the Sir Mix-a-Lot song by this b*tch (or whoever eats her sh*t to work for her) sounds like it was done by a 2-year old.  Ugh.  Can someone explain how this vapid, nasty, horrible c*nt rose to fame?  I complained about Kid Rock in another thread.  Kid Rock is 100,000 times more talented than this runny tw*t, and a line in one of his songs is, "with a bottle of scotch and watch lots of crotch."  Seriously.  Nicki Minaj, please end your life.  

I made it pretty clear in the previous paragraph how much I despise Nicki Minaj's bastardization of this already horrible song.  Macaroni Grill's bastardization is much much worse.  This commercial should  be shot into space, and never spoken of.  EVER.  F*CKING.  AGAIN.  F*CK NICKI MINAJ AND F*CK MACARONI GRILL.

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 4:28pm
Confused...anyone else wonder if Kid Rock is going to take Nikki Manaj to Macaroni Grill for some 'Fat Flat Breads'?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 6:19pm
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 6:41pm

Yeah everything pretty much went downhill around 2000, the music, the style, even fashion!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused...anyone else wonder if Kid Rock is going to take Nikki Manaj to Macaroni Grill for some 'Fat Flat Breads'?

Sorry about my previous post, Pa.  Just tired of seeing worthless human beings in the "limelight" of our idiotic society.  KR and NM are two of the worst examples of what frustrates me about America. Dead
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Yeah everything pretty much went downhill around 2000, the music, the style, even fashion!

I have a basic mental picture of every decade up until the 1990s.  Since 1990 or so, I just don't have much of one.  The 90s and 00s seem fairly "nothing" to me in the areas you mention.  I guess these decades can be seen as all about the technology, but Jeez...that's kinda sad.

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I have a basic mental picture of every decade up until the 1990s.  Since 1990 or so, I just don't have much of one.  The 90s and 00s seem fairly "nothing" to me in the areas you mention.  I guess these decades can be seen as all about the technology, but Jeez...that's kinda sad.

http://moviesonhacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Matrix-Hacking-Movie.jpghttp://moviesonhacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Hacker-1995-Movie.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dxhycJvRbJ8/TY9P9aQq2oI/AAAAAAAADoA/HRsvw3d2QYk/s400/existenz_ver2.jpg
Maybe there was a lot of masturbation over technological progress, but it was also about the other kind of P.C. (political correctness)

http://www.chicagonow.com/lists-that-actually-matter/files/2011/12/EAZY-E-psd9222.png
Gangsta rap did what it could, but it wasn't grown up enough for most adults, so it failed at shocking anyone but grandma (maybe). Basically rap made credible music look bad because it had no credibility. +1 point for P.C.

http://www.thecoast.ca/imager/backstreet-boys-in-halifax-may-4/b/original/4291034/8614/backstreet-boys-4fe94c3a30161.jpghttp://gallery.avrilbandaids.com/albums/5094/normal_g19-1.jpghttp://thenewinquiry.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/130706-john-mayer-600-1373207707.jpghttp://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2012/1/10/1326207734077/Radiohead-in-1996-006.jpg
Artists also serendipitously realized there's more money in regurgitating what the audience has already heard over and over, rather than being "selfish" and telling the world how they themselves feel. +1 point for P.C.

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/Skrillex_Press_Shot_Spin.jpghttp://i2.cdnds.net/13/35/300x450/miley-cyrus-tongue-4.jpg
Nowadays it's hard to find "artists" who are even self-aware enough to know the difference. I mean, at least 90s/early-00s artists knew they were pissing on their audience. +2 points for P.C.

(picture of WTC removed by the thought police)
On top of that, we're still stuck singing kumbaya because of 9/11. +999999 points for P.C.

The dilemma is that while no one has a gag in your mouth, if you ever get famous for saying what needs to be said, the weight of the world and it's last 24 years of bullsh*t will be on your shoulders. If you fail, people will tear you a new asshole for daring to interrupt the kumbaya session.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:56am
Confused...anyone taking any bets about who in the above post is heading to their local Macaroni Grill for a 'Fat Flat Bread'?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic