Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

drunk biker looks like he barfed in helmet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drunk biker looks like he barfed in helmet
    Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 1:55am
Look don't get me wrong I hate that some drunken bastard gets into a car or any vehicle, and then kills or injures someone in an accident, it's disgusting.

But this latest ad is stupid, it features, a motorcyclist driving drunk slightly serving at night with half of his helmet filled with beer looking like he regurgitated while he was riding, he pulled over. When he gets caught by the cop who says "sir have you been drinking tonight?" his reaction is slightly comedic supposedly funny but stupid. His eyes go wide and a bluroop sound is heard, with the beer moving,yuck. Then he opens his helmet and the beer spills out, it's just dumb, how is making an ad dumb gonna stop drunk idiots from getting on the bike? Oh, wait maybe they'll get it only while their drunk genius!LOLUnhappy
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

danooct1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danooct1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 2:18am
I also hate the ones where the cars are 70% filled with beer/martini. That seems like it'd ruin the inside of your car.
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 3:28am
It would suck getting beer up your nose.
I am against filling my helmet with beer for this reason.
was feeling nostalgic
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 3:49am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

It would suck getting beer up your nose.
I am against filling my helmet with beer for this reason.

Yes, precisely - same here.  Otherwise I'd be all over that...I'm all for multi-tasking.

No seriously, I hate drunk drivers too, but this ad is SO RIDICULOUS!  And I would have posted about it a long time ago if I knew it wasn't just a local ad.  You mean they're actually playing this nation wide??  Like drunk drivers are gonna be shaking in their boots from this ad.  "Oh no, I have noticed how every time I drive drunk my car fills up with liquid - that is going to make me quite the target!"  I mean, give me a break!  If anything, it's implying how imcompetent and oblivious cops are, that your car has to be completely filled with liquid for them to catch you.
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 4:19am

Maybe they should make an ad about a funeral of a little kid who was hit by a drunk driver while playing stick-ball in the street. Something that would hit home.

Not a helmet full of beer Confused

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 4:25am
Good idea on trying to educate everyone.  But who the hell drives with beer & martinis filled in the car.  Come on ad companies, you can do better.  You are not making commercials for Burger king.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 4:36am
Originally posted by smokefilledlungs smokefilledlungs wrote:

Maybe they should make an ad about a funeral of a little kid who was hit by a drunk driver while playing stick-ball in the street. Something that would hit home.

Not a helmet full of beer Confused

I'm thinking along the lines of those shocking but effective UK Public Information Films.

here's an example:
WARNING TRULY DISTURBINGExclamationExclamationExclamation

you've been warned.

Exclamation
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 6:27am
oh my god...Brits are SO more literal than us Americans aren't they???

That commercial gets the point across though.  Yes, I too have been thinking these ads here in the states lately are so cheesy! and drunk driving is not a topic to be dealt w/ that way!!  The one w/ the guy driving in the martini filled car...the giant olives that go floating out the window when he rolls it down for the cop-how silly!!

I could have sworn these were local ads too tho lol...unless they are and we all live in PA? :)

Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 7:21am
Aussie ads are like that.
In fact they do brutal ones about running over playing children, and sleeping at the wheel and such with blood and death.

One was controversial I recall because the little boy being hit was depicted so realistically where you could see his crushed body go under the front of the car.

Remember the one here in the states where the husband goes out to get his pregnant wife ice cream in the middle of the night?
He backs out all peacefully and wham he is annihilated.

Crazy stuff.

We did have one here running on the "shame" angle like the above brit ad..
It was some "bro" washing his hands all furiously and in the background is a sleeping girl all strewn on the bed. Then a voice says, "If you have sex with someone who is without consent, YOU are a rapist." and he washes his hands more, and it says, "If force sex on to someone who is intoxicated or passed out, YOU are a rapist" and so on and then he looks at himself and the voice says, "YOU are a rapist"  I think I saw that here..
powerful ad.

Vlad The Impaler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 2:18pm
What really bugs me about these drunk driving commercials are the scare tactics the voice tries to invoke. He says "If you drive drunk, you WILL get caught, you WILL get arrested, you WILL go to jail."

I'm sorry but statistics show that people who get caught for a DUI have driven drunk over 100 times on average before actually getting caught.

So, no, chances are you WON'T get caught unless you're weaving all over the road, or you get pulled over for something else and the cop smells booze.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 2:39pm
Well...I hate the commercial (yes, it appear 'Moto-X' did INDEED barf in his beer-filled helmet), but it is great if they scare off even ONE person with this ad - if it stops just ONE person, it did its job.
(yesterday afternoon, a bicyclist got hit (luckily, wasn't hurt too bad) about 2 blocks from me - mid-day, impaired driver...believe it or not, I've no pity for a drunk in a rolling 3000 pound chunk of metal - no mercy)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 2:47pm
Well, there is no law against "driving under the influence of STUPIDITY." Of which, many, many more people are guilty of. And there is no law against driving while talking on a cell phone, of which I personally know of 3 people who have been rear-ended by such - including myself - I was rear-ended by a woman dialing her phone and not looking at the road.

The only reason I see drunks being picked on is because alcohol consumption can be quantified. Stupidity can't, and cell phones are considered essential "for emergencies."
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 5:57pm
Cell phones should allow for 45 second conversations while driving.
After that, they short out.  I was going to say explode, but I am feeling charitable today.
was feeling nostalgic
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 6:18pm
Need to use a cell phone in the car? Pull over to the side of the road - period.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 6:39pm
Cell phone use while driving is illegal in New York, but barely enforced. 

mutelover View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 6:45pm
I hate drunk drivers.....................
with that being said,what's up with these ads?It's like they are scared they are going to offend someone.
sh*t on the drunk drivers.give them some blood and guts and get their attention.
show them a parent who has lost a child to a drunk driver,or a child who has no parents because of a drunk driver.

that motorcycle helmet would be good if you rode off into some water
The inventor of the mute button knew billy mays would show up one day.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 7:25pm

I also didn't realize this was a national ad.  There's something that always bothered me about that first one.  Has anyone else noticed how they stereotype?

The drunk redneck with the mullet & baseball cap, driving (of course) an old pickup truck is the beer drinker

The fat old business man is the martini drinker

The young yuppie d-bag in the fancy car is the red wine drinker

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 7:30pm
You ever notice that they're all white guys?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 1:53am
Originally posted by jppuertorico85 jppuertorico85 wrote:

The one w/ the guy driving in the martini filled car...the giant olives that go floating out the window when he rolls it down for the cop-how silly!!
Olives... OK, that's what those were! I thought they looked like Lucky Charms marshmallows. LOL
SabreRoseTiger View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreRoseTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 4:12am
I thought this was a local commercial, too. There's another ad where a woman behind a bar sticks beer, a shot glass, handcuffs, money, and a bunch of other solid objects into a blender all the while talking about the consequences of drunk driving. She then supposedly blends the stuff together. The resulting mixture (which she pours into a large mug) looks like barf with bits of paper floating in it.

Plus, the woman has a really annoying voice.
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 5:38am
Whatever happened to the tear jerkers with some kid at his birthday party, and the slowly fading in "...was killed by a drunk driver..."? Those kicked my ass, seriously.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic