Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Go away, Home Advisor and Amy Matthews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Go away, Home Advisor and Amy Matthews
    Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 2:29pm

Nearly at every given opportunity, every single day, they play this stupid thing. This entire commercial should be considered a repeat offender!
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 4:36pm
She looks like Wendy's Red's sister.  Dead  A chick with a toolbelt who dresses like Ray Romano.  Cute.  </sarcasm>.  What's that thing around her neck, a doorknocker?  LOL

I can't speak for the website or service, but it sounds like it might be something to look into since it's free.  At least it's not Angie's List.  Thumbs Down
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:31pm
WinkWe've seen some of her work - the Missus, because of her serious 'HGTV Addiction' issue (for which The Betty Ford Clinic' has NO answer), is a huge fan of hers. MY only problem with this ad is the 'Home Advisor Jingle', at the end. Can't stand it! Once it enters the brain, it is SO hard to cleanse...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 11:56pm
Why do so many commercial spokespersons do that horrible hand thing? I did some training films for Xerox once, and the director made me do that completely unnatural "emphasis gesture" on almost every other word. I wanted to strangle her, but she was a disembodied voice in the control room. 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 11:51pm
I hate this commercial. "As the host of a popular home improvement show..." and MUTE goes the TV!
Reason? That damn doorbell. Our dog goes absolutely crazy. F off Home Advisor.
I mostly see this one on FBN (Fox Business) during the weekday business shows.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:01pm
The very end of the commercial when the door slams, it reminds me of the sound effect on AIM chat when someone logs off -- brings back memories.
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic