Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stouffers Mac Cups-(video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stouffers Mac Cups-(video)
    Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 6:33pm
Another ad company using old music to sell their product, are they aiming for my age group?
I love Supertramp, this is one of my least favorite songs from them.
Give me Bloody Well Right or Crime of the Century anyday.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 7:30pm

1.  Their frozen foods are pretty good, but they're pretty expensive, too.  I'd imagine these small servings are even more so.

2.  I always forget about Supertramp until something reminds me of them.  Think I'll pull out my Quietest Moments CD and listen to it while watering the grass later.  I have more by them, but it's on vinyl.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 7:42pm
I'm having trouble finding the studio cuts, sometimes live is better.

SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 8:28pm
"Take a look at our mac cups
Heat 'em, put 'em in your gut
Not much in that mac cup
And they really cost a lot..."
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:09pm
They look small - like you'd need to polish off at least 2 or 3.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:53am
They look to be about 3 bites.. I'd still be starving..
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 12:51am
Originally posted by SJames SJames wrote:

"Take a look at our mac cups
Heat 'em, put 'em in your gut
Not much in that mac cup
And they really cost a lot..."

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:01am

I see they'll be giving these away free tomorrow at 329 Columbus Ave, NYC, between noon and 3pm.

So, all you New Yawkas---get on down there!

FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Another ad company using old music to sell their product, are they aiming for my age group?
I love Supertramp, this is one of my least favorite songs from them.
Give me Bloody Well Right or Crime of the Century anyday.

Well, I admit I am not familiar with this group, and they are also not my cuppa, but no such thing as old re music or films!   Classic, U bet, old, not really.

In my MP3 library, I have tracks from waaaaaaaay before I was born thru today; in my DVD library, films from the silent era thru last week.

I think, choosing music for a given commercial (unless it's an original track written for the spot), is a real art, and the more vast someone's knowledge of music, the more effective the result.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. Proust
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

They look small - like you'd need to polish off at least 2 or 3.

I agree!
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. Proust
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:26am

I looked at their site, and all it says is "Serving size---170" and "Servings per container---Not Given".

170 what?  Grams?  If so, that would be about 6oz.  That'd be like a container of yogurt.  Not enough.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I looked at their site, and all it says is "Serving size---170" and "Servings per container---Not Given".

170 what?  Grams?  If so, that would be about 6oz.  That'd be like a container of yogurt.  Not enough.

Yep...not EVEN!   Pathetic!!!!!

SNEAKY MONKEY.Angry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:35am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

They look to be about 3 bites.. I'd still be starving..

U bet!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:37am

I see they'll be giving these away free tomorrow at 329 Columbus Ave, NYC, between noon and 3pm.

So, all you New Yawkas---get on down there!

For what it costs to make worldclass mac and cheese in quantity, even now.....you'd save a fortune by NOT going, staying home and making some!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:40am

I see a 2-pack costs $2.99 at Kroger's.  That'd be 12oz total, or 25 cents per oz.

I have a 40oz package in my freezer right now which I paid $5 for.  That comes out to 12.5 cents per oz.  That's half the price per oz of the Mac Cups.

It'd be worth it to get the bigger package and divide it down to the size serving you want.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:45am
Originally posted by FocusedinNYC FocusedinNYC wrote:

For what it costs to make worldclass mac and cheese in quantity, even now.....you'd save a fortune by NOT going, staying home and making some!

Stouffer's Mac and Cheese is reeeeally good.  The only way it could be better is if they used the cheese of my preference---the extra-sharp White Canadian Cheddar that Trader Joe's sells.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:53am

Stouffer's Mac and Cheese is reeeeally good.  The only way it could be better is if they used the cheese of my preference---the extra-sharp White Canadian Cheddar that Trader Joe's sells.

No law that says you can't get some & add it in.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:59am

Yeah.  I'd add more elbow macaroni to it if I was gonna do that.  There's already a lotta cheese in the stuff.

But I'm back to my split pea soup diet after a 1-month break, so that won't be happening for awhile.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:04am
Back to the ol explosive, toilet-blaster sh*ts & thunder farts, eh?

I'm still doing the brown rice, spinach, broccoli & black-eyed peas.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:08am

How do you like it?  The brown rice, spinach thing, that is.

Luckily, I like split pea soup.  And yep, the roughage farts are incredible.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:13am

Yay on the cheddar in question!   Closest Trader Joe's to my building still requires a subway ride; I can't wait until they open one closer!!!!!  But, right now, with commercial rents wut they are in my immediate neighborhood.....I fear that will never happen; sooo many small stores now vacant cause of the off the hook raises in rents when leases expire!

I mean it, it's a real crime.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Back to the ol explosive, toilet-blaster sh*ts & thunder farts, eh?

I'm still doing the brown rice, spinach, broccoli & black-eyed peas.

I LIKE will i am!!!!!!  Din know he was a vegan.Wink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

No law that says you can't get some & add it in.

No, there IS!    Recent High Court vote.....as usual, it was 5-4.  Scalia wrote the decision, said it's precluded in The Bible, and to do that is the stuff of Satan.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:37am

How do you like it?  The brown rice, spinach thing, that is.

Luckily, I like split pea soup.  And yep, the roughage farts are incredible.

Love the brown rice & veg mix.

I boil the rice & black eyes peas while I steam the spinach & broccili in a strainer in the same pot the rice is cooking in. Then, when the rice is cooked, I melt some butter in it & then splash in some soy sauce. Finally, a little bit of gravy from some Oncor Salisbury Steaks just to moisten & flavor it up a bit more.

Pretty good.

And filling.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:39am

No, there IS!    Recent High Court vote.....as usual, it was 5-4.  Scalia wrote the decision, said it's precluded in The Bible, and to do that is the stuff of Satan.

But around here, we scoff at the law.

You're in with a rough crowd here.

CHEESE THAT STUFF UP & DAMN THE LAW, BABY!!!! Cool

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic