Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Animals Acting Adorable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 27>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:48pm
He's a cutie, is that an unusual eye color for a cat?
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 3:30pm
Siamese most commonly have a sapphire blue eye color, while his is more a lighter shade of blue, almost a greyish.  I believe in general, most cats have either greenish or gold-ish eyes, though it's not really a "vast" majority.   Sometimes cats' eye color changes as they get older especially in lighter coated breeds, so Troy being only around 3 may still develop that solid blue down the road, or they could stay as is.  Same goes with his coat - he could get a more prominent orange shading or even possibly more traditional Siamese coloring, but that would probably have to happen sooner rather than later if it's gonna happen at all.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 12:23am
One dog tired dog, it may seem strange but whenever I have service people here for whatever reason, it is really rough on her and us.
We put her in the garage but she is still barking and way too worked up.
She knows we are keeping her away from something and she gets down right pissed.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 2:04am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Siamese most commonly have a sapphire blue eye color, while his is more a lighter shade of blue, almost a greyish.  I believe in general, most cats have either greenish or gold-ish eyes, though it's not really a "vast" majority.   Sometimes cats' eye color changes as they get older especially in lighter coated breeds, so Troy being only around 3 may still develop that solid blue down the road, or they could stay as is.  Same goes with his coat - he could get a more prominent orange shading or even possibly more traditional Siamese coloring, but that would probably have to happen sooner rather than later if it's gonna happen at all.

Yeah, Siamese have blue eyes.  Sneakers' eyes were a beautiful bright blue.  He had the more traditional fur coloring.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 2:06am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

One dog tired dog, it may seem strange but whenever I have service people here for whatever reason, it is really rough on her and us.
We put her in the garage but she is still barking and way too worked up.
She knows we are keeping her away from something and she gets down right pissed.

What would she do if you had her inside with the service guy?  Would she bite or growl or something?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 7:35am
It takes awhile for her to warm up to anyone, she has never bit anyone, people going in and out makes her mad, she could get outside and take off also.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 1:02pm

^  It took awhile for my neighbor's pit bull to get used to me after he got her a few years ago as a rescue.  She was maybe 3 or 4 years old at the time.  She'd bark and growl at me whenever I came over.  I was the only one she did that to, so maybe my voice scared her or maybe I reminded her of someone who might've abused her.

Within about 4 visits, though, she was over it, and now she thinks she's my lap dog---all 80 lbs of her.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 3:53pm
Cats will be cats, regardless of their size. 

(Skip the first 30 seconds to get to the critters in action):

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 4:27pm

^  I'm surprised they'd be so interested in pumpkins.  They're not meat and they don't try to escape.

I think I've fed the hunting instinct outta my own.  Except for the young one (Rocco), they don't bother much with birds or mice or even their toys anymore.

I assume it was Rocco who brought a bird inside yesterday.  He must've dropped it early on, 'cuz it was flying around the house.  I was able to catch it and release it.  It was a bit disoriented and flew right into the outside wall of the house, but then flew up to a branch on a tree.  I guess it was trying to get itself together.  Musta been traumatized.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 4:36pm
^^ I was wondering that too, if maybe they doctored the pumpkins with some kind of scent that triggers their prey drive.  Still it's funny how their behavior is exactly the same as if it were your standard house cat with a tennis ball or crumpled piece of paper.  Especially that Lynx chasing and batting the pumpkin around with its front paws LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  It took awhile for my neighbor's pit bull to get used to me after he got her a few years ago as a rescue.  She was maybe 3 or 4 years old at the time.  She'd bark and growl at me whenever I came over.  I was the only one she did that to, so maybe my voice scared her or maybe I reminded her of someone who might've abused her.

Within about 4 visits, though, she was over it, and now she thinks she's my lap dog---all 80 lbs of her.

She is good with family and friends, after the initial excitement.
When the grandson was a toddler, Leah was almost gentle and nurturing, very aware there was a baby in the room, far from her badass attitude.

Just recently a 7 year old boy was killed in Fon du Lac by a Rot.
I never worry about this dog and kids.

Not to turn this into a sad or angry thread, Thor mentioned the lawyer couple who's dogs killed an innocent woman, there was a detailed story about it on one of the crime channels.
Just like the lame ass people on Judge Judy and Peoples Court, Either you have physical control of a big dog or you don't.
These tiny women, walking there big, bad ass dogs, do not have control of the animal, it's a simple matter of strength.
It disgust me to no end.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Just like the lame ass people on Judge Judy and Peoples Court, Either you have physical control of a big dog or you don't.
These tiny women, walking there big, bad ass dogs, do not have control of the animal, it's a simple matter of strength.

I remember a neighbor of mine from around 12 years back who was maybe 5'2 105 lbs tops, and she had a monster sized dog. I'm not sure what breed it was, but it very likely outweighed her, and I mean that in the literal sense.  She had zero control when it came to the leash, but luckily the dog was obedient to her voice.

Of course, you also have the polar opposite of these situations:

Dude's biceps are bigger than his pooch LOL

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 3:30pm
It's not just that the dog is howling along with the sax.  It's also that his howling is right on key, even with a little vibrato thrown in. Clap

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 9:00pm
^ That's great, most of my shepherds wanted to howl if the circumstances were right, usually sirens in the distance.
We converse with Leah, with a low tone, woo woo woo, type howl.
Sometimes, she is on the bed alone and will start carrying on. Woo woo ou ou woo woo.
Come play with me, it's Leah time.
We all snuggle up on the bed with groans and grunts and more doggy talk.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 7:18pm
Leah was back there on the bed, hootin and hollerin, come play with me.
Mama beat me there, when I come in she goes all crazy on me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 7:29pm
We had left the room and she wants more.
The official 'It's Leah time, come play with me' photo. The crazy bitch gives us some headaches but the laughs and smiles FAR out weigh the pain.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 7:34pm
^^ LOL

Dogs are great.  Mine loved having her tummy scratched and would just lie there on her side in complete heaven.  As soon as you stop though, she'd lift her head up and give you that exact same look, as if to say "Oh hell no you're not done yet!"

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 6:52pm
I've had dogs that do this 'pounce' type action.
I had an all black Shepherd, female, in the early 90's.
I would take her out in this alfalfa field after work, it bordered the property that I worked on.
She would do this crazy jump straight up in the air, probably going after a field mouse.
It was fun to watch and she was tapping into her predator bloodlines.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 7:28pm
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:37pm
Great technique and form, as well as showing that Boston Terrier tenacity afterward, but I gotta downgrade the little guy for not sticking the landing. 9.6.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:28pm
^LOL That little guy took quite a spill, those smaller dogs are so resilient.

image url
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 12:45pm
I will occasionally buy the dog a new toy when I am at the grocery.

I set it aside till mama was awake so she could share in the fun.
Today it was a pig, you will notice I am speaking in the past tense, she goes around trying to hide it, she was digging in the corner of a chair.

It made a pretty good pig sound, snort.
We played fetch for a minute or two.
But, like always, she figures out where the sound is coming from, that's where the destruction begins.
RIP little piggy.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 8:57am
Snow dog!!

She is a real sassy ass this morning, she has already had 2 dingos, she has to eat her food before she gets another.
The wife is still sleeping ,I have to threaten the dog with her muzzle to keep her from barking orders at me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 6:32pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 27>
  Share Topic