Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How many of The 10 Commandments do you try  keep?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many of The 10 Commandments do you try keep?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many of The 10 Commandments do you try keep?
    Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 6:54pm
That's almost like, how many civil and state laws do you try to abide by?
It's a friggin demo-crazy.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm

How many of The 10 Commandments do you try keep?

ShockedOuchSandra, you selfish bitch! 'The 10 Commandments' were meant to be SHARED with all, not KEPT by YOU!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 6:41pm
Anyone notice, Sandra is on a weird topic binge?
Anything to add to the excitement, or the excrement.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:01pm
I mourn that man's passing every day!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:33pm
^^ LOL  "Keep they religion to thyself"
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:15pm
George Carlin can get it down to one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 4:04pm
TEN!! TEN COMMANDMENTS!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:26am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I couldn't care less about the first 10 commandments. It's 11-15 that I'm interested in.

Perfect response for this thread!!

Loved that movie, too!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:07am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

...Did you know that 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance?
LOLNow, now...sometime people just need to live in their own world...and we have to let them.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Sandra Sandra wrote:

I put the thread into modern day language interpretation. How many people know what "Thou, thine, and thy" mean? Compare that to how many people know what you and your mean....

Everybody knows that thou means "you," thine means "yours," and thy is the possessive form of thou.  What some people don't know is the difference between "your" and "you're" though.

Did you know that 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance?
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 1:22am
I put the thread into modern day language interpretation. How many people know what "Thou, thine, and thy" mean? Compare that to how many people know what you and your mean....
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

By the way, what the heck kind of Commandments were those? Where are all the THOU SHALT's and Thines etc? These sound like some sh*t kids would mumble before doing a secret handshake to gain entrance into a tree house.

Old English must be too complex for the Donathans that be.  Too bad because there are plenty of commandments in the style of Old English for him to go around:

I am Donathan, Ken, Anna, Sandra, Alex, etc.
Donathou shalt not use other personalities before me.
Donathou shalt not use the personalities' names in vain.
Remember the Donath day, to keep it holy.
Donathy father and mother.
Donathou shalt not kill.
Donathou shalt not write Dave stories behind thy wife's back
Donathou shalt not steal candy bars
Donathou shalt not bear false profiles against thy CIH neighbors.
Donathou shalt not covet thy married boss or anything that belongs to thy boss's wife

Excellent

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Does 5. count for Geese or any of the other animals that mainly procreate by rape? XD
No.  I believe animals who procreate by which may be viewed as rape by humans, are merely answering the call of Mother Nature.  Animals are not held to the standards of humans who have choices.  But if a female critter isn't in the mood, or doesn't deem the male worthy of her affections, she can always try her best to refuse!  Tongue
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 12:09am
^ DARK FATHER,

You are correct.  The Satanic Bible was published by Anton Szandor LaVey in 1969.  The Nine Satanic Statements are reworded and reordered.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:36pm
Does 5. count for Geese or any of the other animals that mainly procreate by rape? XD
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Eleven Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

© Anton Szandor LaVey, 1967.

I thought "The Satanic Bible" has the 9 satanic statements...? Most of these are those 9.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 10:13pm

By the way, what the heck kind of Commandments were those? Where are all the THOU SHALT's and Thines etc? These sound like some sh*t kids would mumble before doing a secret handshake to gain entrance into a tree house.

Old English must be too complex for the Donathans that be.  Too bad because there are plenty of commandments in the style of Old English for him to go around:

I am Donathan, Ken, Anna, Sandra, Alex, etc.
Donathou shalt not use other personalities before me.
Donathou shalt not use the personalities' names in vain.
Remember the Donath day, to keep it holy.
Donathy father and mother.
Donathou shalt not kill.
Donathou shalt not write Dave stories behind thy wife's back
Donathou shalt not steal candy bars
Donathou shalt not bear false profiles against thy CIH neighbors.
Donathou shalt not covet thy married boss or anything that belongs to thy boss's wife

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:58pm
Eleven Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

© Anton Szandor LaVey, 1967.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:08pm

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:58pm
^^ Google gave 2 results - most likely you're thinking of The Bellamy Brothers' "Livin in the West."

GWAR was the other one, which were/are thrash metal from the 80's/90's.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:23pm
"Shot a man for snoring"
Somebody help me name that tune.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:15pm
^ Now I have to listen to the song!

I hear the train a'coming
It's rolling round the bend

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 7:49pm

Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I've never killed anyone.

But I shot a man in Reno once,
just to watch him die...

And I ain't seen the sunshine since ...  I don't know when.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I've never killed anyone.

But I shot a man in Reno once,
just to watch him die...

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 3:12pm
I couldn't care less about the first 10 commandments. It's 11-15 that I'm interested in.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic