Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual Interview Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hoagie78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual Interview Commercials
    Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 4:16pm
So sick of the Liberty Mutual Ads witht the interviews. They ran the I"m Only Human" on in the ground, now these. I hate the one with the old guy dressed  like an aging frat boy in a gray hoodie. I want to throw a brick at the screen when he comes on. They run that one 10 times in an hour.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 4:35pm
These are not as bad as the damned buzzing chainsaw and the idiot truck driver crushing a car.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 9:58pm
There showing the one where a young woman explains that she names her car Brad and how she likes her car. She then says she totaled him. Then she says she can never replace him. Then she says "then Liberty Mutual calls that's when you break into your happy dance". IDK she seems to irresponsible to me.

Another one that's airing a lot is a woman explaning that she's bad at parallel parking so she has a choice "ride the bus or get Liberty Mutual"

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 11:19pm
one of these bugs me for a rather mundane reason....the woman talks about having to have her rates go up if she "taps a station wagon". I don't know how old the person who scripted this was but nobody drives or has a station wagon anymore. Not since the early '90s when minivans and SUVS got popular. 
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

There showing the one where a young woman explains that she names her car Brad and how she likes her car. She then says she totaled him. Then she says she can never replace him. Then she says "then Liberty Mutual calls that's when you break into your happy dance". IDK she seems to irresponsible to me.

Another one that's airing a lot is a woman explaning that she's bad at parallel parking so she has a choice "ride the bus or get Liberty Mutual"

her final line about her "happy dance" pisses me off 
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 2:34pm
the asian chick is annoying as f**k. AngryAngryAngryAngry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 7:52pm
I'm calling a foul on this woman, paying your bills on time does not give you favor with your insurance company.  That helps your credit rating.

Bumping into a stationwagon is proof you were,
Texting with yo ho bofriend.
Or just plain not paying attention.
Newsflash, Don't run into people you c**t!!

sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:24am
I work for an insurance company (I'm not the devil, I just work a 9-5 and am beyond poor. I don't personally keep your premiums,) and I hate this ad so much because I hear this excuse EVERY DAY. "I didn't hit him that hard!" "It was only a scratch!" "It wasn't my fault; he stopped short!" Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, DOESN'T MATTER. If you rear end someone, it's your damned fault. If they stop short, you shouldn't hit their rear at all because you shouldn't be following them so damned closely; it's called defensive driving. And ANY at fault accident (even if you just chip their damned paint,) will jack up your rates. Don't like it? Drive more carefully, asshole. As the above poster mentioned, just because you pay your bill (what do you want, a cookie?) does NOT entitle you to special treatment. You're SUPPOSED to pay your damned bill, and you're NOT supposed to cause accidents. SHUT THE f**k UP!!!!!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:35am
The "Brad" commercial came up while I was reading someone else's post. I'm so DONE with this f@#$ing commercial, its not even funny!
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 6:36am

I guess these idiots don't understand how car insurance or even buying a car works. Why bother telling a car insurance company: "Hey, nobody's perfect". Those companies LIVE for that. And the guy who couldn't get his full value on his truck. Dude, your car depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot. Any one who has ever bought a car from a dealer knows this. Car Insurance companied treat potential customers exactly the way they think of them, as morons.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by deacon blues deacon blues wrote:

I guess these idiots don't understand how car insurance or even buying a car works. Why bother telling a car insurance company: "Hey, nobody's perfect". Those companies LIVE for that. And the guy who couldn't get his full value on his truck. Dude, your car depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot. Any one who has ever bought a car from a dealer knows this. Car Insurance companied treat potential customers exactly the way they think of them, as morons.

He says they'll give you the full cost of your new car, not the depreciated value.  Nevertheless, a little research shows me that that means the car has to be under a year old, and with less than 15,000 miles on it.  Plus, it has to have been totalled.  "Totalled" just means the repairs exceed the value of the vehicle.  A dented fender on a 1997 car could "total" the car.  But on a new $30,000 vehicle, $30,000 is a helluva lotta damage.  

How often does that happen?

I'll bet, not often.  So, if your damage is within any normal range, this insurance doesn't apply.  Hell, even if your new $30,000 vehicle sustains $22,000 in damage, it doesn't apply, as it's technically not totalled.

Sales gimmick.  It sounds great, but it's pretty meaningless.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 3:27pm
The two we get around here, are the "proud black papa" talking about his "baby girl" taking her driving test & the big, wide-hipped blonde gal who can't parallel park, so it's only a matter of time until she rips some guy's bumper off.

Both run several times a day.

I'm not gonna bother looking them up on YouTube, though.

If anyone else wants to, feel free.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 8:13pm
These commercial people are complete morons! Don't they know how to f@#$ing drive!? They're clueless about insurance! The "newsflash" lady came on a few minutes ago. Gag!

I'd much rather see the commercial where they just describe the Statue of Liberty!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 1:20am
Here's how to look at it:

1) You buy insurance. It covers x-percentage of the damage (let's say 90%). Not including your deductible, of course.

2) You can buy extra insurance to cover the 10%. BUT - IT ONLY covers the upfront depreciation value. So, the futher you get into the ownership/policy, the less likely you would need this coverage, and the less value it would then provide.

It's unlikely to pay off anyway:
What are the odds you get into a wreck really early in the car's life (when it has the most depreciation relative to "real" value)?

What are the odds that THAT PARTICULAR wreck totals the car?

What is the value of the 10% (or whatever) compared to what you would have saved if you did not take out the additional insurance? (Assuming of course, that the insurance actually ever pays - when you know the money in your pocket "pays").

I think this kind of insurance is a big rip-off for probably 99% of the people who opt for it. You know, the stupid ones.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 12:27am
^ Good post.

So according to this shlub, a pickup truck slammed into him. Shlub's insurance shouldn't even be involved unless he pulled out in front of said pickup. Meaning he was T-boned either on the passenger side or his side.
His side and he would be doing this commercial from a hospital bed and the other guy would be doing an ambulance chasing lawyer commercial.
This guy in a new car pulled out in front of me so I called Bangle Bangle and Buck to get the money I deserve.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 12:37am
Many years ago, I loaned my car to my wife's teenage brother.  He got in a wreck.  Anyway, I called my insurance company and they told me to get an estimate.  The repair shop looked over the car and said that my company paid $xx an hour and they would do it for less and share the payment with me.

I told them that was the reason rates were so high and I'd have it done some where else.  

I'm sure I was in the minority, but I do have some integrity...Wink

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 6:18am
Watch CNN during the day, you'll see these annoying ads all darn day!
The "I'm Only Human" with that dorky sounding spokesman "humans...we are perfect specimens in an imperfect world." (something like that)  as some brainless moron cuts a large tree branch smashing his neighbors car. He took that well - yeah, lets see how I would handle that! Make matters worse that Human League song, I hated it back in the 80s, don't like it today.

Those was pretty bad and these people on the ferry, it's eh..better, sort of.. Yet still annoying.  

*By the way, I am new here..happy to be here. The list of annoying ads I hate are endless.
AND finally a place to vent my hatred towards incredibly endless stupid commercials! Smile
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 12:05am
Switching between CNN and Fox News to avoid these doesn't even work - I get another one playing at the same time!

I had a theory about the "Humans" series:  Liberty Mutual ran them for so long and so often, at least in part, because they were expensive to produce; smashing cars, putting them in ponds, etc.  But these "Statue" commercials cost them next to nothing, and they run just as often.

So now I despise Liberty Mutual even more - for being cheap, AND saturating me with these awful commercials!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 8:34pm
Here's another one I thought I would add to this ageing thread.

This one reminds me of a situation I was in just this morning.
Some punk kid is following too close on an icy road, I go through the scenarios in my head.
What I am going to do with this f**k after he gets his little car stuck underneath the back of my truck?
a) Pull his skinny ass out of his car through the window?
b) Step out of the truck and call for back-up, get a police report?
c) Approach the young lad with a smile, WTF are you doing?

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 12:27am
Originally posted by deacon blues deacon blues wrote:

This is the car insurance company's own commerical.
So they are, in effect, telling themselves that "nobody's perfect".

It is reasonable to conclude they speak from authority on the subject...
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 5:13am
The ads from last year made me hate the song Human, and thus the commercials.

I hate the current ads because of how condescending and fake compassionate they are. The one guy in the gray hoodie saying "Don't they know you're already shaken up enough?" and the black woman who passive-aggressively says "I guess they don't want you riding around on three wheels" irritate me the most.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 11:10am
To the people bad mouthing Human song, it's a great song. Human was at a time my favorite song in the whole world. Not an easy feat. It's haunting, chilling, and beautiful.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 11:25am
Do you play it when you make love to yourself?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Here's another one I thought I would add to this ageing thread.

This one reminds me of a situation I was in just this morning.

Some punk kid is following too close on an icy road, I go through the scenarios in my head.

What I am going to do with this f**k after he gets his little car stuck underneath the back of my truck?

a) Pull his skinny ass out of his car through the window?

b) Step out of the truck and call for back-up, get a police report?

c) Approach the young lad with a smile, WTF are you doing?

They've been running that ad to death here!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 4:54pm
I actully do not mind these ads. The situations they present are certain related to product and are those one can associate with. They may have sold themselves to me with their ads - I might take them for a spin when it is time to renew.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic