Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Think Thin 'Sexy Runner' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think Thin 'Sexy Runner' (video)
    Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 7:54pm
'Cougar Day', eh?
How many mothers gawk at their children's friends?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 8:09pm
Good grief!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 8:57pm
Sexy? He looks like a before picture....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 9:04pm
Let's see this ad in reverse:  Three old men google-eyeing a high school girl running through the streets in her cute little gym outfit.  Imagine the outrage and horror!

Three soccer moms lusting after a high school kid ... pathetic.  Not much of a great ad in the way of trying to promote a healthy product.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 10:31pm
Hmmm, yeah it's kinda tacky, but it's also a response to the past ten billion years' worth of movies, ads, and all advertising in general using hot young women to sell stuff to old pervy men.

As a middle-aged woman, I can't exactly complain too much! Embarrassed Unless he's a teenager......I didn't hear what he said after "Mrs. So-and-so."

For every one ad like this, there's at least ten Carl's Jr.s-type ads. And I've never even seen this one on TV- this is the only time I've ever seen it.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 10:42pm
^More like 8,000 years or so. (12,000 years at a stretch...but more likely shady advertisement didn't happen concurrently with society unless you count the use of wives/husbands/etc. as political currency to ensure peace between tribes/cities/countries.)

And if anything, WE MEN deserve the chance to lust over women and hold them up to impossible standards. We deserve it because practically every single species on this planet suffers at the whim of "female selection" where the men have to impress the females. :P

I mean, look at what you gender has done to poor male hyenas!!!! Chickens actually select the sperm they like best and throw out the rest, and don't get me started on spoon worms....

Females are evil domineering bitches the planet over...haven't we earned the right to be a little unfair towards women? :P

(This is massively tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, just in case)
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Hmmm, yeah it's kinda tacky, but it's also a response to the past ten billion years' worth of movies, ads, and all advertising in general using hot young women to sell stuff to old pervy men.

As a middle-aged woman, I can't exactly complain too much! Embarrassed Unless he's a teenager......I didn't hear what he said after "Mrs. So-and-so."

For every one ad like this, there's at least ten Carl's Jr.s-type ads. And I've never even seen this one on TV- this is the only time I've ever seen it.

Does that mean that we men can now spend the next ten billion years living off our women's earnings, and date women based on their salary, what kind of car they drive, how quickly they pick up the tab at restaurants, how many gifts they shower upon us (and it better not be a new lawnmower, dammit!!), etc.?

Wink

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:36am
^If she says yes, I'm turning straight.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:47am
Just more proof that these days women just want us for our 'man-muscle' thingy, doncha know...happens to me all the time.    
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 1:11am
Men are only good for two things: killing spiders, and getting things down from really high places.

OK, three things.
noan4 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 3:23am
I think the only problem I have with this is how homely the women are, while simultaneously not looking like typical housewives.

One other thing... uhm, why wouldn't they think he's too young after he pulled his shirt up and showed absolutely zero body hair? I get some guys wax and shave (and God bless them, too!), but... come on. A mature male would have at least a few bits of fuzz floating on his chest somewhere.

Though going the other way gives an interesting visual. What would the Steppford wives think if hunky pulled his shirt up and looked like Chewbacca?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 3:33am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Men are only good for two things: killing spiders, and getting things down from really high places.

OK, three things.

You forgot parallel parking but how important is that anyway? My ex had that on her coffee cup. It read. "Men are good for one thing and one thing only. But how important is parallel parking anyway"?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 4:15am
Noan, that depends on a LOT of genetic factors. Being hairy isn't necessary a "male" thing, let alone a requirement. Personally, the only area really hairy on my torso is below my bellybutton. And that's with Spanish/Italian genes!

Don't really see it as a sign of being "too young", honestly. pretty much every fitness nut I know shaves/waxes/trims/chemicals away some amount of hair.

Still, I wonder why they couldn't find a guy who has more than a nice tummy for this...his arms are abysmal, and I'll bet the chest is totally flat...but that's Hollywood for you: they're more interested in the "IDEA" of being fit than actually being fit.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 5:23am
I parallel park like a champ!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic