Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good video game commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good video game commercials
    Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 3:29pm
What are your favorite video game commercials?

These two are, by no means, my only faves, but they're quite recent and quite boss.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 3:42pm
There is not any!!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 4:35pm

I'm rarely on any channel that advertises such video games, or maybe it's just that they don't register with me.  I'm an adult.  Video games aren't part of my world.  The last video game I played was Space Invaders, maybe around 1977.

The neighbor kid likes to go on and on about the video games he plays.  "Levels" is a word he uses a lot.  I have no idea what he's talking about.  I pretend I'm interested, though.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 4:43pm
I forgot what game it was. But I remember a commercial where the camera pulls back from radio playing "I Don't Want To End The World" revealing a part of a bus in a apocolyptic warzone.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I forgot what game it was. But I remember a commercial where the camera pulls back from radio playing "I Don't Want To End The World" revealing a part of a bus in a apocolyptic warzone.

I think that may be Fallout 3. The opening scene is how you described: bombed out wasteland, bus, radio playing "I don't want to set the world on fire".

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm an adult.  Video games aren't part of my world.

Being an adult doesn't mean you have to give up things you enjoyed as a kid. One of my cousins is married, has three kids, works a lot for a living, and is the biggest Dragonball fanboy I know. I got him DBZ Budokai 2 for his birthday.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Crackicus Crackicus wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I think that may be Fallout 3. The opening scene is how you described: bombed out wasteland, bus, radio playing "I don't want to set the world on fire".

Yeah! I think that's it! Thanks!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Crackicus Crackicus wrote:

What are your favorite video game commercials?

These two are, by no means, my only faves, but they're quite recent and quite boss.

No offence, Crackicus.  It is a huge business.
I just get sick and tired of all the Candy Crush BS.
I hope your topic does well.  Thumbs Up
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:31pm
I like fallout 3. Sometimes I just turn on the game to listen to the songs on the radio. XD
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:44pm

I'm an adult.  Video games aren't part of my world. 

I take it than that you're not aware that when it comes to actual console/PC gaming, adults make up the majority of people who play them?

The whole "video games are for kids" thing is really the same sort of thing as some grandma referring to The Who or Elvis as "that evil rock music", something totally and completely untrue, that the older generation just can't wrap their minds around.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:50pm
^To be fair, I think it depends on the era one was raised in. Thor and PaW seem to come from that era that was more about "get up and DO something" massive change and progress at the hand of the common man with a loud voice.

So games probably don't have as much of an appeal.

On the other hand, my mother was raised in that era where there was more appreciation and need for escapism, fantasy, and something to take your mind away from the woes of the world. She loves playing video games, and tends to like the cuter more childish ones more than the realistic ones.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 12:31am

Video games were just becoming available for the masses around the time I was getting ready to graduate college.  Back then, we had to insert a quarter to play.  We had Break-Out, Space Invaders, Pong and a few others on campus.  I used to waste some money on those, but at that point in my life, it was time to get out and get a job.  For awhile, I was working a weekday job and a weekend job---i.e., 7 days a week.  On my down time or on a day off, no way in hell was I gonna play video games.  At the most, I'd play pinball or pool or something at a bar on occasion.  At that point, video games seemed to be mainly for 12 year-olds and under.  As far as I'm concerned, they still are.  Absolutely no one I know who's my age plays them.

Maybe if I grew up with them, it'd be a different story.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 4:29am

Absolutely no one I know who's my age plays them.

When I played Xbox Live years back, one of the people I played with regularly was a Welsh lady in her early 60's.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Absolutely no one I know who's my age plays them.

When I played Xbox Live years back, one of the people I played with regularly was a Welsh lady in her early 60's.

Damn, that's awesome. A late, great aunt of mine never played any modern games, but she had a SNES and an old PC and would play Mario and Duke Nukem.

That's right: my aunt was so old, she remembered when Duke Nukem was a f**king sidescroller, and she was awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic