Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid Lucky Charms Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote veoozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid Lucky Charms Commercial
    Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 4:00am
I just can't stand this commercial. The stupid way that the woman says "Seriously?" REALLY makes me angry. If that wasn't enough, the stupid way that they both say in a stupid, quite, hipster way "They're magically delicious" like they are recording it in a library makes me want to punch them both in the face as hard as I possibly can. I hate this ad.

Sponsored Links

Roflcash4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roflcash4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 4:46am
They sound like creepy pedophiles when they say "they're magically delicious"
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 5:06am
It's actually nice that she just said "seriously?" and laughed.

Some women would have immediately started screaming and yelling at him.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 6:11am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

It's actually nice that she just said "seriously?" and laughed.

Some women would have immediately started screaming and yelling at him.

Only if it's that time of the month.  Wink
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Roflcash4 Roflcash4 wrote:

They sound like creepy pedophiles when they say "they're magically delicious"

I don't know about actual pedos, but it does sound creepy and insane.  Why do they have those two dorkheads quasi-singing the tagline to Lucky Charms anyway?  What happened to the Leprechaun?

I really like Lucky Charms cereal and have enjoyed how the charms and marshmallows have evolved over the decades.  I hate the hipster adult couple ad though.
dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 1:55pm
She should have been a crazy, postal nag who treats every annoyance her husband causes as if she just caught him with another woman.
dannoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 3:02pm
ugh are you kidding me? It was bearable until they sang the stupid jingle
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 3:50pm
Let's return cereals (along with dropping the "whole grains" nonsense and bringing back the fun mascots and the sugar!) to the kiddies, adtards!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 4:51pm

^  The sugar's there.  They just don't talk about it.  But, hell---I still call 'em Sugar Pops.  No Corn Pops for me.  

I do wish they came out with some artificially-sweetened cereal.  If they came out with Splenda Pops or Aspartame Pops, I'd double-up on my consumption.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 5:18pm
They still have the same amount of sugar? Many cereals don't taste quite the same way as I remember them as a child, and I've been trying to figure out for a while whether that's from maturing tastes or a change in the formula - I had heard that health agencies instituted new rules requiring lower amounts of sugar in cereals targeted towards children.

dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  The sugar's there.  They just don't talk about it.  But, hell---I still call 'em Sugar Pops.  No Corn Pops for me.  

I do wish they came out with some artificially-sweetened cereal.  If they came out with Splenda Pops or Aspartame Pops, I'd double-up on my consumption.

High Fructose Corn Syrup Pops
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 5:40pm
I remember begging my parents for Lucky Charms and then being disappointed. Same with Alpha Bits- they never did anything for me.
Now, Cap'n Crunch on the other hand! YUM
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 5:46pm
Never really cared for Lucky Charms either.

But yeah, that Cap'n Crunch was too good to resist!!!

Like a bowl of crack with milk over it...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 6:53pm
Except en you get that "Cap'n Crunchification" scraping on the roof of your mouth.

Quisp had the best taste and consistency.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 5:21am

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Same with Alpha Bits- they never did anything for me.

There used to be "Jets", which as I recall, were the same as Alpha-Bits but shaped like jets and planets and stars and that sort of thing.

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 12:53am
Cereals were better back in the day.  Not better for you, of course - they were  just a great sugar-bomb in the morning to  get us kiddies going off to school smiling.  I liked Banana Wackies, which  were a sort of  Lucky Charms featuring chemically devised banana marshmallow bits.   Sugar Spangled Twinkles were probably made completely of various kinds of sugar with maybe just a dusting of grain flour.  Kaboom was a feast of bizarre colors of  oat (??) shapes and, of course, more marshmallows.  

Nope, I was never "full and focused".   Just happy with breakfast.Smile
CapeCat
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 5:22am
This thread makes me think of the Calvin and Hobbes strips about Calvin's favorite cereal, Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 6:21am
So this grown shlub of a guy actually spent time picking all of the marshmallows out of the box of Lucky Charms? This was something my little brother did when he was four!

All aboard the Diabetes Express! Hope you like insulin just as much.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 4:35pm
The marshmallows are the best part. I hate those oaty bits. BLECK. I miss Circus fun. Now that was a good marshmallow cereal. 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
sandy345 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 4:29pm
Another whipped husband replacing the Yoplait guy from a few years ago. Why don't they just get two boxes of the Lucky Charms?
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 4:01am
Sandy, you are the voice of reason.  But reason has no place in commercials.  
CapeCat
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 9:39pm
Still airing 3 times a day every day. "Seriously?" What a load of crap!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 11:34pm
It's annoying, especially when they sing the jingle, but it's still better than the typical ads where the woman always rips her guy a new one for everything he does. At least she was a good sport and played along for once.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
freddo30 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddo30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 12:15am
I hate that pedophile leprauchan almost as much as I hate the Keebler elves that we've been stuck with since the summer of love...I don't buy Keebler or Lucky Charms as a result of the characters/ads
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 7:33pm
Her voice reminds me of Kat Dennings. It's an OK ad up until the jingle. Could be a lot worse though. Could be kids rapping.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic