Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T Realtors "Let's Close!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T Realtors "Let's Close!"
    Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 11:25pm
As if I need another reason to add to all the times in which I could have put a realtor through a non-load bearing wall...

Sponsored Links

Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 11:26pm
It's like I feel sorry for the guy...
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:05am
First several times I saw this I thought they were a group of news anchors for some reason. Probably because I was barely paying attention, and the music cue sounds like something off a news show.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:58am
They all look so fake I can hardly take them seriously.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 3:38am
I just don't understand these. What's with the pause and pose? Is this supposed to be funny? Where's the humor? At least the other ones, like being quiet for the baby, make a little sense and are VERY mildly amusing, but his one is just blame annoying and obnoxious!

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:10pm
Yeah, I don't get it. Is that supposed to be like some universal realtor pose that we're supposed to know or something?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 3:23pm
It's the "badass" pose commonly used in TV show promos by the main character(s) at the end.  But in this commercial, and of course as the general rule goes in adland, the limp dick emasculated male in the group isn't qualified/allowed to do it along with the women.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 1:40am
I feel soooo sorry for the guy...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 2:13am
I feel sorry for the salesperson.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 2:25am
Cannot stand this commercial...made my comments about it in a different thread about ALL recent AT&T ads - Direct Link To This Post  <<<---thoughts can be found there.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

It's the "badass" pose commonly used in TV show promos by the main character(s) at the end. 

I know what you're referring to, and this doesn't seem like the same thing to me. To me, the realtors don't appear to be doing this sorta posing:

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 6:57pm
When will these rapid-fire response commercials STOP? This flashing back and forth is irritating the f**k outta me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

When will these rapid-fire response commercials STOP? This flashing back and forth is irritating the f**k outta me!

I'm sure the target audience is decades younger than us. I can no longer process these flashing images. By the time I figure one out, two or three more have been displayed!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 5:20am
You know what I love about all y'all? Not one of you has capitalized realtor and put a stupid-ass "registered" symbol after it, like they do in my local paper. 

God® I hate that.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 3:20pm
Maybe we're all hearing it wrong. Perhaps she's saying "Let's POSE"" lol!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 9:26pm
^LOLIndeed.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2014 at 1:19am
The wife (a broker and REALTOR®) and I get a laugh at this stupid spot for several reasons.
1. Presumably the woman in front is the lead broker, but it's not up to an agent or a broker to determine when to close. That's up to the closing attorney. I suppose "Let's put in an offer!" wouldn't have the same effect in the spot.
2. That logo on their blazers is pretty much identical to the one used by HUD for their "equal housing opportunity" program and really wouldn't be used by an agency.
C. 10gb of shared data a month is nothing at a real estate office, unless you don't plan to use it for the other 29-30 days.

Plus all the other reasons mentioned above
Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

You know what I love about all y'all? Not one of you has capitalized realtor and put a stupid-ass "registered" symbol after it, like they do in my local paper. 

God® I hate that.

Nor have any of us called them "Realators" like I have even heard some realtors call themselves
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 6:29pm
^Yes, "Realators", I've heard that too!
Kind of like "nukulor". Wink

Hated this commercials from the very first viewing.

It weirds me out right from the start- what do you suppose the implication is of the lead Alpha lady "real-a-tor" with her hand gesture (all fingers touching) and the AT&T supervisor Lily doing exactly the same hand gesture? Is it some kind of secret hidden code like they're all in the Illuminati or something? (And that's why lone eunuch male to the side doesn't get it or even speak?)

Also think that maybe the "lady" to the far right might be a transsexual.
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 6:47pm
Can't stand these c**ts and what's with the gay guy with his dumbass look and copying them???I'd like to throw him into a group of gay bashing rednecks with baseball bats
DeathToHipsters View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathToHipsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 11:03pm
This commercial does suck, but it doesn't enrage me like so many others for some odd reason. I think maybe because I think the lead realtor looks a lot like an older Lily Adams, and so I'm always looking for resemblances.

As far as what AT&T is getting at with the pose; I'm not sure, but I can speculate. And, what I think it is is AT&T are where all the hip salespeople are at, and they're so good at what they do, they can hoodwink an entire group of stodgy old realtors; stuck in the past, while also making said realtors think they're the ones "closing" the deal.
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 1:43am
Originally posted by DeathToHipsters DeathToHipsters wrote:

This commercial does suck, but it doesn't enrage me like so many others for some odd reason. I think maybe because I think the lead realtor looks a lot like an older Lily Adams, and so I'm always looking for resemblances.

As far as what AT&T is getting at with the pose; I'm not sure, but I can speculate. And, what I think it is is AT&T are where all the hip salespeople are at, and they're so good at what they do, they can hoodwink an entire group of stodgy old realtors; stuck in the past, while also making said realtors think they're the ones "closing" the deal.

That makes sense, good theory. Lily is cute.. and clever.
The less arrogant she is the more I find her kind of engaging (as in a new one I just saw with her in the food court. Then again, I haven't seen it in full yet).
DeathToHipsters View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathToHipsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 1:47am
I think maybe Lily Adams might be the reason why I don't completely hate that commercial. She's dreamy.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 12:51am
PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!  This piece of sh*t just won't go away! It's on EVERY commercial break. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Let it decompose!

Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 2:46am
Originally posted by DeathToHipsters DeathToHipsters wrote:

I think maybe Lily Adams might be the reason why I don't completely hate that commercial. She's dreamy.

Exactly!   I could watch her all day.   Add a line, anytime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic