Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movies not to miss...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movies not to miss...
    Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:25am
(we have so many movies threads...this is just a 'fresh' one for GOOD movies you've paid to go see and actually enjoyed)
~~~
While down in SwampLand, I headed up to my folks' place and took them to see 'Jersey Boys'. Given they are a couple o'frisky upper-80 types, I figured they'd enjoy it. We went to one of those ooooold/restored theaters that are much more like night clubs with easy chairs, nice round dining tables, and serves meals & drinks. The theater was PERFECT for THAT movie, which made it even better.
Mind you, Clint Eastwood is NOT known for his 'Musicals', and, well...this wasn't his most powerful piece as a producer...but it sure was enjoyable, had a ton of good-feel humor and GREAT music. This is one that nobody will leave until the credits are over...and maybe a bit after that. LOVED IT (so did my Mom, but my dad said the violence disturbed him (and I'm STILL trying to figure out where there was any real 'violence'LOL)
If I forgive the Wolfette for buying a POS-replacement for the last, late Blackillac, I may take her before I head back down to SwampWorld.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:46am
WinkTHIS ONE I WILL *NOT* MISS AT ANY COST - I knew that before the preview was over.
Comes out on my Mother's birthday (and a few days before their 67th anniversary).
Has that same 'father-son' relationship 'feel' I had (and, though quite difficult, resolved many years ago). God willing, I'll take my folks to this one, too.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:50am

Considering I haven't seen any documentary about the group, I wouldn't mind seeing this flick.

The Four Seasons were huge, at least on the East Coast.  I have a greatest hits CD.  It has 30 songs, almost all of which were big hits.  There are exactly 3 songs on the compilation that I don't recall having been hits on AM radio.

They even did commercial spots for one of the greatest radio DJs ever---Cousin Bruce Morrow of WABC.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:58am
^^^WinkYou would not be sorry you invested in those few hours - trust me.
MeConfused? I know I can see this one again and again...and will.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:02am

My bro and his wife saw the play in NYC.  They raved about it, and his wife isn't old enough to even remember most of their hits.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My bro and his wife saw the play in NYC.  They raved about it, and his wife isn't old enough to even remember most of their hits.

ShockedYour bro robbed the cradle?
Actually, the play is SO huge, it has had a noted influence on more recent generations, so it's being said...in any case - The Four Seasons just made good music - what's NOT to like about anything they did - even the dip into disco ('Grease')? 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 3:01am

Yeah, he robbed the cradle.  15 years difference.  In fact, her name is Dawn, and she's since "gone away".

I'm partial to the pre-disco stuff.  I especially like C'mon Marianne and Opus 17.  I even like their cover of the Dylan song Don't Think Twice under the name The Wonder Who.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 3:18am
Never was a fan.

Didn't like the falsetto.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic