Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King's "Cheat on Beef" ads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kk218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King's "Cheat on Beef" ads
    Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 7:47am
Fast food commercials are just putrid these days. Have you guys seen these new BK commercials for their bacon chicken pile of crap sandwich?

Basically, a guy eats this big ol' sandwich and then all off a sudden is attacked by a pissed off because they are "cheating on beef." Why would a cow be pissed off over the fact that she isn't being eaten?
Sponsored Links

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 7:54am
BK ads are, by definition, illogical.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 9:10am
When God created stupid fast food ads.  BK broke the mode.
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 5:40pm
This commercial is just down right vulgar.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 7:48pm
I actually *almost* thought these were funny - but NEVER thought they were anything short of STUPID. If MissyDWolf caught ME in a strange hotel room with 'SpicyMcChicken' (without having informed her of, and offered her some of the same), I'd not only be going 'against the grain', per se, but the commercial wouldn't have lasted as long as the BK one, as I'd already be dead.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 7:51pm
Sounds like a would-be ad for Milliway's
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by yutolia yutolia wrote:

Sounds like a would-be ad for Milliway's
'The NoTellMotel, next to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe'? Hmmmmmm...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:14pm
Well, I was thinking about the cow that wanted customers to eat it. 
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:21pm
...oh, sort of a 'A Guide to Hitching through a Soylent Green Universe'...hmmmm - interesting! Wonder where this could end up? 
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:30pm
Hehe... I'd like to see what was written about Burger King in the Guide... probably would be hilariously accurate.
promontorium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote promontorium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 12:30am
I want to see the guy making up with his cow. How would that play out? ewww.
I love commercials, for the most part.
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 3:01am
i just saw one of these spots where an angry cow knocks down what looks like a motel door because the guy decided to not eat it??? huh I'm so confused!?

Isn't this at direct odds w/ the chik-fil-a slogans of "eat mor chikin"?
Cows--get an organized, united message to give to us carnivores because I'm really confused by your mixed messages...if you want me to eat you, I will!  Tongue
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
Buffalo Bill View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 3:18am
Call me a weak-minded thrall, but this ad actually made my friend and I go on a midnight BK run.

But we both did make note of the, "Why would a cow be mad if you didn't eat it?"
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 4:12am
i bet you if you got that bacon chicken sandwich that it looked NOTHING like the ones shown in the commercial....BK sandwiches never look the way they're advertised!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Buffalo Bill wrote:

...But we both did make note of the, "Why would a cow be mad if you didn't eat it?"
...uh, well...if you were married to her and not 'paying proper attention'...it could lead to "Cheated On BY Beef" - and it is beyond me as to who might be ready for THOSE ads...
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 7:48am
Originally posted by jppuertorico85 jppuertorico85 wrote:

i bet you if you got that bacon chicken sandwich that it looked NOTHING like the ones shown in the commercial....BK sandwiches never look the way they're advertised!

JP, I never thought about it before I met one of my dear friends, but she is a food stylist.  They're the ones who arrange the food to look appetizing on the menus, in the ads, on the packaging itself.  We were in Costco one day, and she pointed to a package of frozen chicken and said, "That's mine! I did that!"  They have to pay people to make the food look good!
kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by clamshell clamshell wrote:

This commercial is just down right vulgar.

creepy, too.

seriously, who rents a cheap hotel just to eat a chicken sandwich?
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 12:57am
Oooooooh so scandalous you're eating chicken instead of beef. Oh you wanton man you. So pimp. If James Brown lived long enough he'd be writing songs about you.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 12:51am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

JP, I never thought about it before I met one of my dear friends, but she is a food stylist.  They're the ones who arrange the food to look appetizing on the menus, in the ads, on the packaging itself.  We were in Costco one day, and she pointed to a package of frozen chicken and said, "That's mine! I did that!"  They have to pay people to make the food look good!

What a lie!! lol...i feel cheated haha
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 6:05am

What a lie!! lol...i feel cheated haha

Awww, I'm sorry, JP! Hug
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 10:06am
I wondered the same thing when I first saw these commercials.  WTF would the cow be mad that it wasn't slaughtered and eaten?

BK chicken sandwiches are way good btw.  I don't care what they look like.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 1:47am
BK might help themselves by bringing these back...all the new stuff is so bad. 

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 6:17pm
I saw a BK Commercial that's even worse...

They just want to rip another asshole for McDonald's!Angry
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I saw a BK Commercial that's even worse...

They just want to rip another asshole for McDonald's!Angry

Sooooooooooo stupid they're copying McDonald's and they're bragging about it, they should get sued for what they've done. Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I saw a BK Commercial that's even worse...They just want to rip another asshole for McDonald's!Angry
Sooooooooooo stupid they're copying McDonald's and they're bragging about it, they should get sued for what they've done. Angry

Well, everyone does copy everyone. KFC copied McDonald's, and soon BK and Wendy's followed. Trust me, Wendy's and Jack in the Box will follow BK's copying ways.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic