Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dial POWER SCRUB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dial POWER SCRUB
    Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 5:11pm
I don't really HATE this commercial..yet It's just way overplayed right now which is highly annoying, and I think they're doing that because it took me about 10 times of seeing it to know exactly WTF they're selling all I heard was "Power Scrub" "Power Scrub" "POWER SCRUB" so I didn't know if it was soap, a household cleaner or a brush! Dial seems to think I'm supposed to hear what exactly he's saying over a giant TUBA, music, sparks, exhaust flames and a shower sound in the backround and my hearing is excellent! What exactly kind of "man stuff" were him and the "fellas" doing all day..giving each other reach arounds?
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 8:30pm
I DO Hate it!, mindless noise, bullsh*t message. I am learning here people don't really respond, with spirit, unless they get the ad in their area, this one gets the dick punch , sucks so much, shut the fk up award.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 9:33pm

That's what they call a cacophony.  Way too noisy.

LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 10:12pm
I remember seeing this for the first time and already losing interest because of all the distractions going on.
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 10:43pm
Yup that's the way I feel there's just too much going on, you have a couple of douchebags all dressed the same(I see their clothes are the same color as the scrub very ingenious dial) walking toward you in a garage with a shower in it with sparks and flames flying and a godamn tuba player in the backround! The commercial ends before I know wtf it's for..just show your soap dial and STF up!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 10:48pm
What an ineffective commercial. Too much sh*t going on to pay attention to what the guy is saying.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 4:29pm
Seen this commercial 3 times already today and all I've heard him say is "micro scrubber"
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 5:28pm
Until I saw the title of this thread, I still didn't know what this commercial was hawking. That's pretty damn bad.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 5:46pm

I don't think I've ever needed a "power scrub".  I've always done pretty well with a washcloth and a bar of whatever soap is cheapest at the store.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 7:07pm
Feels like they're trying to steal Old Spice's schtick with the overly-manly theme. But... Old Spice does it miles better!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 2:51am
This ad runs constantly during the NHL playoffs, and I hate it in so many ways.
Why are these wankers all wearing the same orange coloured tie? Why is one of them playing a tuba? What do they all say in unison?
What men behave like this?
If they do, they should all be castrated, so that they can't reproduce any more wankers like this.
I had no f**king idea what they were supposedly selling until I followed it closely. Soap! Give me a f**king break!
I can't wait until the NHL playoffs are finished so that I can go back to watching commercial free telly, ( my vast DVD collection!).
One man gathers what another man spills
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 4:10pm
The NHL playoffs.  Obviously the adholes don't care much about them.  It's just a bunch of recycled crap from years gone by, and farmersonly.com.  Not a lot of money has gone in to providing advertising for the playoffs.

Dial power scrub "honkingly gorgeous".  Every.  Single.  Break.
Geico - Every single one of those stupid twin ads, but primarily the screaming goat.
McDonalds - A combination of old lovin it crap, blended with the new "hashtag" doofus.  Quite the combination there.
Lexus F 7 deadly sins.
The Lexus "he bought a Lexus" commercial, though this one seems to have been replaced by the Lexus F commercial.
Various worthless Ford Ecoboost ads.  I especially hate the one where they're comparing a Ford to Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and every other luxury car maker on the planet.  This car's dope.  I could totally rock this.  This car's the bomb.
The State Farm ad where Dennis Haysbert does voice overs when people talk.  Primarily the one with the teenage girl.
The idiot who names her car Brad
The "hello insurance companies, nobody's perfect" girl.

I know that I'm missing a bunch.  But the theme is definitely a pile of commercials that we've already long since grown to despise.

And I think that I'm going to lose it if I have to hear that bunch of women sing the farmersonly.com jingle one more time.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 3:04am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

The NHL playoffs.  Obviously the adholes don't care much about them.  It's just a bunch of recycled crap from years gone by, and farmersonly.com.  Not a lot of money has gone in to providing advertising for the playoffs.

Dial power scrub "honkingly gorgeous".  Every.  Single.  Break.
Geico - Every single one of those stupid twin ads, but primarily the screaming goat.
McDonalds - A combination of old lovin it crap, blended with the new "hashtag" doofus.  Quite the combination there.
Lexus F 7 deadly sins.
The Lexus "he bought a Lexus" commercial, though this one seems to have been replaced by the Lexus F commercial.
Various worthless Ford Ecoboost ads.  I especially hate the one where they're comparing a Ford to Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and every other luxury car maker on the planet.  This car's dope.  I could totally rock this.  This car's the bomb.
The State Farm ad where Dennis Haysbert does voice overs when people talk.  Primarily the one with the teenage girl.
The idiot who names her car Brad
The "hello insurance companies, nobody's perfect" girl.

I know that I'm missing a bunch.  But the theme is definitely a pile of commercials that we've already long since grown to despise.

And I think that I'm going to lose it if I have to hear that bunch of women sing the farmersonly.com jingle one more time.

Very good assessment of these horrid ads! I love the game of hockey, but I really don't care who wins this year! The ads make viewing these games impossible. I also dislike Mike Emrick as a play-by-play announcer, and his counterpart Pierre Maguire is equally repulsive. Emrick has an annoying, whiny voice, and Maquire asks stupid questions constantly. I would love to hear one of the players tell Pierre to "f**k-off!"
One man gathers what another man spills
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 4:28am
I haven't met a single person that likes Pierre.  I have no idea why he's on the air.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic