Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Draft Kiss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL Draft Kiss
    Posted: 14 May 2014 at 9:13am
It's controversial, I think the general public is more accepting everyday.

Each to his own. However....Is this public display necessary??

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 9:29am
It's a kiss, that's all. Dunno why it's being made to be the sign of the coming of Satan himself...

Did they start ripping each others clothes off and humping in front of the camera? nah.

Would this fuss be made if it was a normal guy kissing his girl? Definitely not (Unless she was a different race, maybe, but even then no where near as much)

Hell, even if it was two girls kissing, I doubt there'd be so much coverage.

It's really Annoying as f**k on ALL counts. I don't give a toss about sports, and between this and that other guy, this sh*t is taking up all the newsfeeds and making it very boring for me.

And then the phags out there are all screaming about what a super inspiration and role model this guy is for all gay people....

Um, he's one step closer to making a career out of being paid a disgusting shameful amount of money to play with a ball for the entertainment of others....Sorry if I'm not shedding tears of joy or putting his picture up as a shrine...

Just shut up about it, America...seriously...ugh.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 9:41am
I was hoping for your opinion, thanks for not getting upset with me for bringing it up. Thumbs Up
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 10:32am
-fart-
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 1:34pm
I think the guy is milking his status as the first openly gay blah blah blah etc etc for all it's worth & the smooch with his vanilla twinkie was done for the reaction he knew it would get.

He hasn't even made the team yet either, so the big paycheck is not in the bag yet.

What made me kind of cringe was not so much the kiss, but rather the way he blubbered like a girl when he got the call. Is he gonna cry like that on the field when he gets hit too hard or when his team is losing, etc?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 2:02pm

The viewing public keeps getting told that there should be no controversy to such a public display of affection between two males.  But these sorts of public displays between two males seem actually designed to cause controversy or make some sort of point.  Otherwise, why would it have been filmed, and why would it have been released to the news shows?

Seems to me that a more normal reaction would have been some exhuberance and maybe a peck on the cheek or even on the lips.  The make-out session seemed pre-planned and pointed.

Not really that big a deal, though.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 3:21pm
hey, there was no tongue so what's all the hub bub?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 7:18pm
^ Thanks for the mental image  LOL...It's been awhile since I've kissed my wife that hard.
It's sad that whoever surrounds him, thought this was a good idea.
I think Jimbo said he does not even have a deal yet, JMHO but he should be more low key about his relationships and concentrate on football matters .  I frankly don't need to see him making out with his boyfriend. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

hey, there was no tongue so what's all the hub bub?

Here ya go.

Now let's have us some hub, bub!!!

Although from the looks of it, some ol' bub is already having someone's hub.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 8:26pm
yeah Jimbo, Make my day.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Here ya go.

Now let's have us some hub, bub!!!

Although from the looks of it, some ol' bub is already having someone's hub.

"YEEOOOWWWWWW!! THAT'S HOT!!!!"

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 10:22pm
OMG YOU GUYS! JIMBO! That was freaking hilarious.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 11:07pm
Holy sh*t, Michael Sam could be the first openly gay NFL player????!?!

Why didn't ESPN tell me!?!??!?!

timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 12:40am
He has to make the team first.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 1:00am

<dup.post>

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 1:10am
Actually, I could care less - seriously hope he does well and achieves the goals he has set for himself. Probably could have done without the display of affection - heck, a delighted little squeal would have sufficed,
With all of this discussion about the event, it's only a matter of time before some heartless, insensitive slob says something like,
"Heck, he'll have to do the team to make the team - and doncha know - ONE SLIP and it's done! He'll be traded over and over, from team to team..".
But that would take a real swine to say anything of the sort.
Hope nobody goes there.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 1:27am
I'm thinking maybe he's pushing all this "Look at me I'm a gay football player!!" stuff to hedge his bets in case he doesn't make the team, or gets cut after one season. 

Probably figures he'll be able to parlay his notoriety over being the first gay NFL player into some profitable future celebrity role. 

Maybe as the first gay professional sports commentator.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 4:39am
I predict he'll sue for "sexual harassment" after players on other teams make taunting kissing sounds at him during games....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 11:23am
Right now, he's the belle of the ball.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm thinking maybe he's pushing all this "Look at me I'm a gay football player!!" stuff to hedge his bets in case he doesn't make the team, or gets cut after one season. 

Probably figures he'll be able to parlay his notoriety over being the first gay NFL player into some profitable future celebrity role. 

Maybe as the first gay professional sports commentator.

These guys might've beat him to it.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 5:54pm
^I loved that show.

The networks obviously wouldn't have put "the kiss heard 'round the world" front and center, close-up if it didn't think it would draw in viewers while plain old ordinary partners and family would just be hugging it up. Doesn't really affect me one way or the other.

However, like many other things that bug me nowadays, the actual draft proceedings get longer and longer, with more ceremonies, life stories, "week leading up to the draft." Pretty soon there will be football 12 months out of the year and same with basketball, maybe even baseball--enough already!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 12:32am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

...Pretty soon there will be football 12 months out of the year and same with basketball, maybe even baseball...
ShockedBig smileClapPleaseOhPleaseOhPLEASE Sweet Jeeazus Make It SO!!!! I'm getting all skooshy an'wiggly just thinking about the possibility!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 2:37am
They need to develop some special, non-cable, broadcast channel for sports. Each major network could have their own specialty sports broadcast channel that they can broadcast live games on game day & sports gab & yak the rest of the time.

And then the rest of us could watch what we want without having it interrupted by the crap.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 3:14am
Now that the first gay football player has been drafted,all the hype about it should stop and we should in the sports world get on with our lives!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 3:25am
It's not shocking that two men are kissing as it was years ago. When Ellen came out in the 90's as being a Lesbian, that was shocking, because Gays and Lesbians were highly taboo in the 90's.... Nowadays, saying you are Gay or a Lesbian is almost on par as saying you were a straight man with a girlfriend....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic