Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miller High Life--Central Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miller High Life--Central Park
    Posted: 09 May 2014 at 1:46am
This commercial bugs me because I don't know if the guy is really rich but still likes to drink cheap beer, or if he isn't rich but Miller makes him feel rich (think it's the 2nd).

The other day, several were bitching about hipsters, well I think these people are hipsters.

Also, last night in a 3 hour period I saw this commercial over 15 times which pretty much decided that I can't stand this commercial.

Except for the dog which is it's one redeeming quality.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 8:03am
I think they are saying....be happy with what you have.
 Champaign taste on a beer budget.
Yes, if he has a helicopter on the roof, he's rich.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 1:38pm

I thought Pabst was the beer of hipsters.

However, one article I just looked at said that Miller High Life might be one of the next big hipster beers.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 3:07pm
Pabst Blue Ribbon was always the beer of rednecks back when I was growing up...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 3:25pm

^  I think that's the point.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 4:04pm
So IOW, it's a "We're so hip we drink redneck beer like Pabst & Miller just to show how hip we are." kind of thing?

Sounds like the kind of thing hipster douchebags would do.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 6:38pm

^  Exactly.  For the same reason, I would imagine that their preferred cigarettes would be Lucky Strikes.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 7:28pm
My dad used to take me to the liquor store warehouse, he had connections, I didn't have to load it but I sure as hell carried 30 or more cases of PBR down stairs to a little storage room.
It sucked but as highschoolers, I had plenty of friends wondering where we could get some beer.
Redneck or not, PBR is a good way to start your alcohol career.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 9:54pm
As teenagers, my girlfriends and I would steal Schiltz Malt Liquor from my Mom's stash. One of my girlfriends would run around with her fingers as horns and try to headbutt people (she was drunk at the time). So even when we were able to drive, we went thru the Gingham Kitchen drive-thru window and would buy it. We finally moved on to MD 20-20, and later various hard alcohols. Schiltz was popular where I grew up even though Anheuser Busch was right up the highway in St. Louis.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 10:05pm

Schlitz, Ballantine, Rheingold, Schaefer---all popular when I was growing up.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 12:36am
I was drinking Rheingold when I was 5 years old.

We were living in Honolulu & my dad & the guy across the street drank Rheingold. They had a kid the same age as me who was my best buddy. Every time our dads would be hanging out having a few & would crack open a couple of fresh, ice cold ones, we'd run inside & get the first slug.

C'mon, man!
Cat Box View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 12:52am
Suffice it to say, if I were presented with the 'pack' of hipsters shown in this commercial with their pork-pie hats and skinny jeans I have a strong feeling I would arraigned on homicide charges with a veritable quickness...

Is it considered assault with a deadly weapon if you beat someone to death with their own arms?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Cat Box Cat Box wrote:

Is it considered assault with a deadly weapon if you beat someone to death with their own arms?

What a question!  LOL

I guess it'd depend on if you'd removed their arms first.  On top of that, there may be some consideration as to the fairness of the fight.  If you have four arms and your opponent doesn't have any...

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:52am
If I remember correctly, it IS concerned AWDW if you have had certain types of martial arts training. There's some loophole where you have to verbally announce that you've had this training and your body actually is classified as a deadly weapon, and if you do that you can't be prosecuted...but then again with a verbal warning it turns into a case of "He said/she said" if you don't have witnesses.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:56am
So does that also apply if the person you beat to death with their own arms was martial arts trained but you weren't, seeing as how it was their hands that were lethal weapons?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:06am

"Were lethal weapons" might make the difference.  Last time I cut off someone's hands, I had to bend them into shape (and oil them up) to get a good grip.  They wouldn't do it on their own.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:54am
muscle memory is a legitmate thing, so I'd say yes...just within the first 5-10 minutes of removal.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:00am

That's what they say about the head, too.  When people were guillotined and the executioner held the head up, he did it as much for the head to see the crowd as for the crowd to see the head.  Supposedly, there's still a few seconds that the head retains enough oxygen to remain conscious enough to see and hear and think.

I don't know if this is really true, but I like it and don't wanna know otherwise.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:11am
I would hold it up so that the head could see it's own headless body laying there twitching & jerking.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:22am

I guess if that was me guillotined, I'd like to see my twitching, jerking body, too.  I mean, what the hell.  It'd be better than seeing the crowd cheering over my death.  And even if I did get off on that, it's not like I'd be able to take a bow.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:34am
That wouldn't work on some modern era guillotines because of the way they are designed. When the blade hits, it triggers a mechanism that dumps the body sideways into a coffin & the lid slams shut, so all the head would see is a coffin lid.

Buncha spoil sports.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:43am

What a buzzkill!

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That's what they say about the head, too.  When people were guillotined and the executioner held the head up, he did it as much for the head to see the crowd as for the crowd to see the head.  Supposedly, there's still a few seconds that the head retains enough oxygen to remain conscious enough to see and hear and think.

I don't know if this is really true, but I like it and don't wanna know otherwise.

True, but unlessyou're actually holding their hair, by the time they head hits the ground and roles (or falls into the basket), that time frame would have passed.

Still, it is rather awesome.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:23pm

^  I dunno.  What I just read says that the time frame could be as long as 30 seconds.  That's enough time to go down on your girlfriend or light up a cigarette and take a puff or two (though I guess the smoke would just come out the bottom).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:03pm
Noooooo. 

Because the trachea would be open where the neck was severed, there would be no way to create the suction necessary to puff on or inhale the smoke from a cigarette.

The severed head would just be pursing it's lips on the cigarette with no result whatsoever.

It would be like running a shop vac without the canister attached.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic