Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lipton Peach Iced Tea (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lipton Peach Iced Tea (video)
    Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 3:50am
ConfusedShockedThese guys need to have their 'Man Card's yanked, but then again, suppose they got the right guys for fruit-flavored tea. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 12:47am
WackoI give up. CIH LOVES this commercial. What a bunch of 'Peachyositea-ersts'
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 1:28am
I just don't like any processed product that says it is iced tea, especially when they say it tastes like freshly brewed or "real" iced tea. In my opinion, there is no such thing. The only freshly brewed iced tea is freshly brewed iced tea. This other crap is a processed "beverage." Kind of like Sunny D isn't orange juice.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 1:32am
I remember being hyped up on candy one day years ago and laughing like a maniac when a Sunny D commercial voiceover said, "Contains five percent juice," LOL...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:49am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I just don't like any processed product that says it is iced tea, especially when they say it tastes like freshly brewed or "real" iced tea. In my opinion, there is no such thing. The only freshly brewed iced tea is freshly brewed iced tea. This other crap is a processed "beverage." Kind of like Sunny D isn't orange juice.
WinkNo kidding! Couldn't be more correct...BUT, when I'm way down South, I still try to find my way to the cheesy little all-night gas station in a small Rhode Island town where I stopped at 3 A.M. and bought a large bottle of peach-blueberry white tea. It was ice-cold and probably the single most refreshing drink I can recall over quite some time. I've been back and forth on that route a number of times now and never found that station, much less that brand of tea, again. I think I go on a 'Mission From Dog', every time I'm nearby. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 3:43am

I used to like the powdered Lipton's diet iced tea.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 4:48am
Êwwwwww! No, really, I know lots of people like tea beverage products and that's fine--I don't but that's because I only like the real stuff. I wish I could remember what it was but just recently there was some new product being advertised as the first bottled tea to taste like fresh brewed tea--which is a myth. Just like mashed potatoes that taste like homemade and are from a envelope or box; some people like them but they are not homemade to me.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 5:30am
This commercial and the product are beyond disgusting!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 8:16am
I'll bet it's in the contract. We may make you look like a total douche, but you have to look like you are enjoying yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:17pm

Êwwwwww! No, really, I know lots of people like tea beverage products and that's fine--I don't but that's because I only like the real stuff.  

I like some completely artificial flavors.  But I'm picky.  Raspberry Kool-Aid was delicious; orange, not so much.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 3:42pm

Êwwwwww! No, really, I know lots of people like tea beverage products and that's fine--I don't but that's because I only like the real stuff.  I wish I could remember what it was but just recently there was some new product being advertised as the first bottled tea to taste like fresh brewed tea--which is a myth.  Just like mashed potatoes that taste like homemade and are from a envelope or box; some people like them but they are not homemade to me.

Both Arizona & Snapple have really good versions of "Sweet Tea". 

It has to be non-diet with no lemon. Just "Sweet Tea".   

They're both quite good as they are, but I like to cut them with a little bit of water.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 4:44pm
I like Trader Joe's Kettle Brewed Ice Tea.

Damn, I can't post the picture.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 4:57pm
We're supposed to be getting a couple of Trader Joe's stores around here before too long.

I'll have to try it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 8:11pm
I don't drink Lipton and thanks to this abomination I won't be for a while.

From the "fine print" at the end of the commercial, I doubt we've seen the last of Gary and Stu... Sick
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 7:48am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedShockedThese guys need to have their 'Man Card's yanked, but then again, suppose they got the right guys for fruit-flavored tea. 

IMHO the only manly Iced Tea flavor is Lemon.

Cat Box View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:53am
The best part, is that the 'taste of peachyosity', is achieved without the use of ANY fruit juices whatsoever...

Yummy!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 2:38pm
Damn, now I can't get that awful ear worm out of my head!!! Awww f**k! An earworm!
That asshole sings like somebody snipped off his wiener and kicked him in the nads! AngryCryAngry

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 5:50pm
Well, that wasn't too bad.

But it wasn't the best either. I'd prefer not to have my ears assaulted by that falsetto crap ever again.

In other words I'd rather not see this commercial ever again.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 7:15pm
That damn jingle is boring it's way through my brain like those worms in "Wrath of Kahn"!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 8:32pm
^Let's hope it doesn' tmake you prance & dance in funny pants...or if it does, don't tell us.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 8:36pm
Big smileMy Molson Ice budget has been seriously impacted by the not-so-recent new favorite beverage (I probably go through 1/2 gallon a day)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic