Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King: CHRIS WEBBER!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King: CHRIS WEBBER!
    Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 3:35am
This commercial features a guy in back of a guy wearing a Webber jersey trying to watch a basketball game. The guy in back makes snide comment about the guy. Then the guy in the Webber jersey turns around and it's actually is Chris Webber and the guy behind him SCREAMS "CHRIS WEBBER!" I know he's supposed to be excited, but please can we at least limit how many commercials contain yelling? I have been muting this crap thankfully, I can tell it's loud just by looking at the guy who's yelling. He's screaming at the top of his lungs the worst screaming there is! ugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 9:04am
And if you don't happen to follow sports/basketball at all - this commercial makes even less sense and seems even more stupid than it would if you did!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 1:56pm
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

And if you don't happen to follow sports/basketball at all - this commercial makes even less sense and seems even more stupid than it would if you did!

So, none of the other fans in that crowd noticed the gigantic black guy in the "Webber" jersey was actually Chris Webber?

Agreed, OP the scream is ear splitting.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I don't follow sports much, but I live near Sacramento, and remember this guy as one of the Sacramento Kings about ten years ago.  I guess that's a double meaning for the "Big King" reference in the commercial.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:12pm
Webber's "real" claim to fame occurred in the 1993 NCAA Final against North Carolina.

With 11 seconds left and Webber's team, Michigan down by 2 points, he called for a time-out.  Problem was, Michigan had no time outs left, so he was called for a technical foul.  NC made the free throws to lock up the game.

That's my Cliff Clavin thought for the day.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 7:08pm
For those who didn't see the show,  Cheers.
I just had to dig this up.  Hooty, you are way more credible than old Cliff.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Webber's "real" claim to fame occurred in the 1993 NCAA Final against North Carolina.

With 11 seconds left and Webber's team, Michigan down by 2 points, he called for a time-out.  Problem was, Michigan had no time outs left, so he was called for a technical foul.  NC made the free throws to lock up the game.

That's my Cliff Clavin thought for the day.

LOL

He was also involved in that money scandal when he and others at Michigan took hundreds of thousands of illegal funding from some guy.

I think he's an analyst on NBA Network now.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 7:58pm
LOL
I'm seeing tons of the gifs with the, Dos Equis, whatever that beer is, and the most interesting man in the world.
Of course they all put their own sayings in there and it's hilarious.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 8:07pm
^^ My favorite XX ad is him on "Rollerblading" LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

LOL

He was also involved in that money scandal when he and others at Michigan took hundreds of thousands of illegal funding from some guy.

I think he's an analyst on NBA Network now.

That meme, priceless!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic