Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:12pm
I hope every one of these companies who change their products names citing cultural insensitivity, see an enormous decline in sales and a sharp drop in their stock prices.

I hope the American public teaches them a good, hard lesson about shameless pandering.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hope every one of these companies who change their products names citing cultural insensitivity, see an enormous decline in sales and a sharp drop in their stock prices.

I hope the American public teaches them a good, hard lesson about shameless pandering.

Well, Aunt Jemima's ultimate slavemaster is Pepsico, so I doubt that plantation's gonna feel much fallout of any kind.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, Aunt Jemima's ultimate slavemaster is Pepsico, so I doubt that plantation's gonna feel much fallout of any kind.

I dunno.

Even Pepsico demands maximum profitability from every product in their line.

Under performers get the boot post haste.

If nothing else, it would send them a message about spineless pandering to current popular opinion.

It would be satisfying to see and hear in the news about how they were forced to discontinue production of their once profitable, now renamed line of products.

A lot of people would get a good laugh out of it while at the same time, feeling a little sense of them getting what was coming to them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:08pm
Pepsi has already covered the 'Black Diva's Matter' slant!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:25pm

Hmmmm...maybe they can use a drag queen image, and call the pancake mix Uncle Jemima.

That is a drag queen in that pic above, right?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:30pm
^ C'mon, man!  You have heard of Cardi B!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Unfortunately..... Disapprove Sick

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:54pm

OK, yeah. Still, she looks like a drag queen. Nikki Minaj, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

OK, yeah. Still, she looks like a drag queen. Nikki Minaj, too.

Yeah, they "look like" drag queens.... Ermm  

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 7:07pm

Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Are we done now? 

Eskimo Pie to change name, cites racial equality: We 'recognize the term is derogatory' The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.21 hours ago

I guess we aren't done now.

I'm getting so thoroughly disgusted with EVERYTHING going on now.  Cops killing people, riots, stupid politicians, COVID19, businesses closing forever, now product name changes to accommodate the whiners...I don't want to hear ANYTHING about ANYTHING anymore.  I know it sounds like I'm sticking my head in the sand, but I've just about reached my saturation point of tolerating ignorance.  Disapprove

Not to mention that this site will delete everything just written without warning when you click "post reply".  Why, why, why??? Confused

Access Denied

ErrorError

Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

A security error has occurred with authentication.

Please ensure that all cookies are enabled on your web browser, you are not using a saved or cached copy of the page, and your Firewall/Proxy settings are not hiding or masking your IP address.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 7:30pm

Are we done now? 

Eskimo Pie to change name, cites racial equality: We 'recognize the term is derogatory' The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.21 hours ago

I guess we aren't done now.

I'm getting so thoroughly disgusted with EVERYTHING going on now.  Cops killing people, riots, stupid politicians, COVID19, businesses closing forever, now product name changes to accommodate the whiners...I don't want to hear ANYTHING about ANYTHING anymore.  I know it sounds like I'm sticking my head in the sand, but I've just about reached my saturation point of tolerating ignorance.  Disapprove

Not to mention that this site will delete everything just written without warning when you click "post reply".  Why, why, why??? Confused

Access Denied

ErrorError

Please ensure that all cookies are enabled on your web browser, you are not using a saved or cached copy of the page, and your Firewall/Proxy settings are not hiding or masking your IP address.

It's just some glitch in the software that usually times you out when you let an open reply sit too long before posting.

I've gotten into a habit here at CIH where, before I hit Post Reply, I cut and pate everything I just typed so that if that happens, I won't lose it all after I just spent 10 minutes typing it.

You have to get into the habit of doing it every time, though.

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 7:56pm
Yeah, I remember you saying that once before.  I should have taken the advise then!  I will now!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:41am
I stopped buying the Aunt Jemima pancake mix after I got a weevil infestation in the kitchen from a box of it.  Hungry Jack packages theirs in a plastic bag before it goes into the box; AJ didn't, so whatever they do now, I don't care...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:31pm
I got a recorded message today that said Progressive is sending someone out to inspect the exterior of the house.  Here we go!  Why do I hate insurance companies so much?  One of the questions they asked me was "how old is the roof on this house?"...I have no f*cking idea!

In recent years the insurance companies have added a clause concerning the age of the roof and what percentage they will pay to replace it.

Allstate Newsroom | News, Releases &amp; More About Allstate
My email to my agent...

Good hands!  That's a laugh!  I want to thank you for screwing this up!  I took care of my "late payment"!  No thanks to you.  I should have changed insurance companies!

Her reply...

You have had a history of sending me abusive emails and I have reported you to the authorities.  You clearly want new insurance, so please find it.  I will not take your verbal abuse.  I am sorry you are so unhappy.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:45pm

Are we done now? 

Eskimo Pie to change name, cites racial equality: We 'recognize the term is derogatory' The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.21 hours ago

I guess we aren't done now.

Not to mention that this site will delete everything just written without warning when you click "post reply".  Why, why, why??? Confused

Access Denied

ErrorError

Are you doing okay, Caroln?  We all love you, if that helps a little bit!

Even in my state of transition, I'm feeling your pain too!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 6:00pm
Yeah, I'm okay.  The world just sucks right now.  And I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time in your world.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 8:03pm

I got a recorded message today that said Progressive is sending someone out to inspect the exterior of the house.  Here we go!  Why do I hate insurance companies so much?  One of the questions they asked me was "how old is the roof on this house?"...I have no f*cking idea!

In recent years the insurance companies have added a clause concerning the age of the roof and what percentage they will pay to replace it.

Do you have a mortgage or did you pay cash?

If you don't have a mortgage there is no legal requirement that says you have to carry homeowner's insurance.

Not in Florida anyway, but I would imagine it's the same everywhere.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:59pm
Same thing with flood insurance.  No mortgage.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Do you have a mortgage or did you pay cash?

If you don't have a mortgage there is no legal requirement that says you have to carry homeowner's insurance.

Not in Florida anyway, but I would imagine it's the same everywhere.

That's right!  I feel a little better having some sort of protection. What about that tornado that was so close to you.  I should consider flood insurance too. I'll be damned if I pay a cent to FEMA.  I've said it before...I'll ride this house down the goddamned river before I pay for flood insurance.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 5:38pm
I think this a-hole wants a feud!  I'm gonna call a surveyor, a fence guy and 811.  Not only are the f*cking chickens still sh*tting in my yard, this asshole is shooting off fireworks at 9:00 at night.  Most of you may still be up at that time but I am not!  I think he's taunting me!  We have a history!  I have yelled at these young people in the old neighborhood. I even mooned them!  If they want a fight, I can give them a legal one!

I found this asshole's facebook page.  Picture perfect Wisconsin redneck!  Oh!  Is that a bad word?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 5:53pm

I think this a-hole wants a feud!  I'm gonna call a surveyor, a fence guy and 811.  Not only are the f*cking chickens still sh*tting in my yard, this asshole is shooting off fireworks at 9:00 at night.  Most of you may still be up at that time but I am not!  I think he's taunting me!  We have a history!  I have yelled at these young people in the old neighborhood. I even mooned them!  If they want a fight, I can give them a legal one!

I found this asshole's facebook page.  Picture perfect Wisconsin redneck!  Oh!  Is that a bad word?

I know you don't need my advice, but I wouldn't make too big of a deal out of 9 pm fireworks. Even if you're in bed by that time, he's probably not breaking any kind of noise ordinance and you'll probably just make things worse.

Get your fence put up and go about your business.

If the fireworks get later in the evening and he starts violating a local noise ordinance, then call the PD.

JMHO as always.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 1:36pm
Let's just have a f*cking chicken party!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:14pm
They are suppossed to deliver my new dryer today.  They send me a text with a link in it to confirm.  They should not do this! I can't open the f*cking link on my phone so I don't know is they will be coming or not.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:57pm
According to the text I just got, the dryer is 20 minutes away! Yay!  I hate dealing with people/services like this.

And a 4 hour delivery window- 3 to 7?  C'mon!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:16pm
I've never used a dryer.

I'd rather hang my clothes on the line in the fresh air.

And bird droppings.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 125>
  Share Topic