Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:02pm

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm pretty sure I've refrozen some foods, including meat, though. Never had a problem.

Maybe your other option (depending how long it had been thawed) would have been to cook the thawed stuff, and then freeze it for use at a later date. I do that all the time---mainly for convenience sake.

Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm pretty sure I've refrozen some foods, including meat, though. Never had a problem.

Maybe your other option (depending how long it had been thawed) would have been to cook the thawed stuff, and then freeze it for use at a later date. I do that all the time---mainly for convenience sake.

On it. I have some of the meats (Johnsonvilles and whatnot) in the fridge and I'm cooking them tonight. It was mainly the little frozen Stouffers-type stuff, some ice cream, and the like, that I tossed. I have 6 packs of brats to cook tonight, and those freeze and reheat great. Some of them I split out of the casings and cook as ground meat for pasta sauces.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:29pm
I had a small victory in the grocery store parking lot this morning.
The migrant floor cleaners were just leaving, I have bitched about store employees/vendors taking prime parking spots.
The heavy set, mexican woman takes a handicapped spot, yet she can wrestle around the gas powered floor buffer.
Her car has apparently broken down, so the boyfriend who got her the job is walking her to his car.
There is 5 handicapped spots, the cart corral, and a senior citizen spot.
He is parked in the next available spot.
He is quite the gentleman, opening the door for his handicapped girlfriend, while I am trying to take the senior spot.
In these times of hate and murder, I probably shouldn't have said, "nice parking spot there hombre"
f**k them!!! He slammed his door like he heard and understood me, tough sh*t Jose.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Go to YouTube, and check out "Old Man has had it with Wal-Mart Wink
If I happen to find "you", do I have permission to post it here?
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Go to YouTube, and check out "Old Man has had it with Wal-Mart Wink
If I happen to find "you", do I have permission to post it here?

Be my guest! Big smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 6:28pm
My CW station has been out for weeks now, there is only 2 hours of programming, a day, I really give a flying f**k about. At 5 am and at 12 noon, The Peoples Court is on.  Thank Fox!!. You worthless f**ks can't keep your underrated, kid show network on the air?
I offered to help!  Do you need money?  I have a truck if you need a part?
f**king incompetent bastards!! My cable company charges a fee for my local channels.  AngryAngry

The lawsuit with the city and FEMA just drags on.
They have no answers for our claims that we will lose property value, useable storage space, easy access to utilities that may need repair at some time.
It's a Cluster f**k and a cause of constant aggravation and anxiety.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 1:52pm
Well, the wife spilled a little bit of water on the table around my tablet and didn't notice. I didn't notice either until later when I picked it up to use it. I felt that the bottom was wet and immediately shut it off and dried it. The back doesn't come off like my last two tablets so I couldn't take the battery out. It wasn't soaked. Only the bottom felt wet. I let it dry out for a day in a bag of rice before turning it on. All seemed ok until I came to CIH with its white background. I noticed that the white was brighter in spots, and darker in others. Annoying yes, but tolerable. My tv has the same issue. Later on I went to move some files to my sd card, but low and behold, it doesn't see it. So that's the second issue. Then came time to charge it. I plugged it in and the charging sound and symbol popped up. So far, so good. I checked it an hour later and it had only charged a whopping 3%. It usually takes about 3 hours to charge from under 20% to full. Got pissed off and shut it off. Tried to use my laptop to pass the time, but it's an 8 year old laptop that is just to slow for me now. Looked up a video on my phone on how to pull the tablet apart. It opens from the front. I actually had to pry the screen out with a credit card as a tool. It worked fine. I noticed only a little bit of liquid where the clips are. Cleaned everything with 91% rubbing alcohol and cleaned the usb and sd card slot with a piece of thin plastic and slightly damp (alcohol) fabric. Again, I let it dry overnight. Put it back together yesterday and turned it on. Booted fine. Card reader still doesn't work, and still charges slow. Once it's fully charged however,  I can leave it plugged in and the charge doesn't drop at all like it was. And the white background is pure white again, so at least there's that. All in all, next time I buy a new tablet, I'm buying an Otterbox case and Squaretrade insurance, which would have covered this and fixed it or sent me a new tablet for less than half the money to replace it. Oh well. Lesson learned. I apologize for babbling. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 4:25pm

Good idea to never but never have any liquids near a computer.   My bro leaves uncapped bottles of water near his, and I tell him he's just asking for trouble.   If he's that thirsty, the kitchen is just feet away.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 4:53pm
Oh yeah, pretty much every electronic device I get, has to have protection. A protective case, screen protector, etc. In the cases when I can't do that, I make sure whatever I buy has the highest waterproof rating possible (My headphones, gym earphones, and watch all have this)
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Good idea to never but never have any liquids near a computer.   My bro leaves uncapped bottles of water near his, and I tell him he's just asking for trouble.   If he's that thirsty, the kitchen is just feet away.

Uncapped bottles? *Shiver* This tablet has a little spot on a table next to my little desktop lamp. Sometimes my little electric teapot has a home about 8 inches away. The table slants away from the tab. We've been doing this since I  had my first tablet back in 2012. All I can think is that she overfilled the teapot and splashed in between the lamp and tab and it ran around the tablet. This would be the first f-up. But still, excuses aside, you are absolutely right. It was an accident waiting to happen. 

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Oh yeah, pretty much every electronic device I get, has to have protection. A protective case, screen protector, etc. In the cases when I can't do that, I make sure whatever I buy has the highest waterproof rating possible (My headphones, gym earphones, and watch all have this)

I wanted to get an Otterbox case and Squaretrade insurance on this immediately, but my wife lost 2 family members and gave her family the extra money to help with the unexpected costs. After that we were short on cash. When we did have the money, I did try to get a case, but this being an odd size tablet, (8.4in) it was difficult. Still wanted the Otterbox case that went from $55 to $70. I just couldn't justify the cost. I can now. I recommend a good case to anyone with a tab now. Keep in mind, this thing wasn't soaked from the screen down, but the water must have wicked its way up. Just the bottem was wet. Not even up to the ports. I dunno.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 6:26pm
I was doing the wife a favor, picking up some prescriptions.
I was able to pick up some goodies for a meal later on.

I don't like this procedure they have at the drug store, they weren't real busy, the price was only 5 dollars and some change.
What I'm pissed about, after I paid, the lady said "the pharmacist will be with you in a moment".

grumble fidget tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick  disgusted sigh tick tick tick tick tick
belly growl silent fart tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.

By this time I'm smelling my own fart and thinking, you people really need to let me out of here. 
"Okay, thanks for waiting, a refill for Linda, any questions"  Uh no....my thoughts were.
Yes, f**k you very much for wasting your precious time on me!! AngryAngryAngry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 7:51pm
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 9:40pm
LOLLOL Perfect.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I was doing the wife a favor, picking up some prescriptions.
I was able to pick up some goodies for a meal later on.

I don't like this procedure they have at the drug store, they weren't real busy, the price was only 5 dollars and some change.

What I'm pissed about, after I paid, the lady said "the pharmacist will be with you in a moment".

grumble fidget tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick  disgusted sigh tick tick tick tick tick

belly growl silent fart tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.

By this time I'm smelling my own fart and thinking, you people really need to let me out of here. 

"Okay, thanks for waiting, a refill for Linda, any questions"  Uh no....my thoughts were.

Yes, f**k you very much for wasting your precious time on me!! AngryAngryAngry

I only have to go through that for a new prescription. It still pisses me off because they have already given me a printout of detailed instructions and possible side effects.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 7:49pm
We had a nice little supper time in place, the uptown local veggie stand was closed.
Not only were they closed, the friggin tent was gone.

There is another option but that is 6 or 7 miles away.

Dammit!! I wanted corn and the wife wanted a fresh tomato.

So, I continue on my trip to get some stuff.

I pull into the convenience store, I have to walk a tightrope because the car I parked next to is leaking a whole crankcase full of oil into the parking lot.
Sheesh!  I'm not exactly graceful these days, someone should put some oil dry on this Exxon Valdez like oil spill.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Uncapped bottles? *Shiver* This tablet has a little spot on a table next to my little desktop lamp. Sometimes a ttle electric 
teapot has a home about 8 inches away. The table slants away from the tab. We've been doing this since I  had my first tablet back in 2012. All I can think is that she overfilled the teapot and splashed in between the lamp and tab and it ran around the tablet. This would be the first f-up. But still, excuses aside, you are absolutely right. It was an accident waiting
to happen.

I wanted to get an Otterbox case and Squaretrade insurance on this immediately, but my wife lost 2 family members and gave her family the extra money to help with the unexpected costs. After that we were short on cash. When we did have the money, I did try to get a case, but this being an odd size tablet, (8.4in) it was difficult. Still wanted the Otterbox case that went from $55 to $70. I just couldn't justify the cost. I can now. I recommend a good case to anyone with a tab now. Keep in mind, this thing wasn't soaked from the screen down, but the water must have wicked its way up. Just the bottem was wet. Not even up to the ports. I dunno.

I have a 7" nexus. Pretty decent tablet that would cost well over $100 to replace, but I would still never fork out the kind of money they want for an Otterbox.

I have a neoprene case I bought at the Dollar Tree that I keep it in around the house and make sure wherever I set it down is safe. I never carry it outside the house, but if I ever do, I have a padded, vinyl zipper case my sister gave me, that protects it just fine.

The trick is to be extremely careful about where you put it and carry it with you to.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 10:07pm
When 14 year old boys make things that look like they might be bombs, but act like they're too young to know that some people might think it looks like a bomb, then play the race card when someone says it looks like a bomb.

Sorry, you wire up a timer (which a clock is just a timer of a sort) in a little metal box, and people are going to look at it funny. Are there any explosives in it? No, of course not, but at first glance that's not what you see. You see wires and a display and a smug little kid who is absolutely old enough to know what people are going to think when they see it.

Personally, I think the whole thing was just to get the exact attention that he got, and it pisses me off.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

When 14 year old boys make things that look like they might be bombs, but act like they're too young to know that some people might think it looks like a bomb, then play the race card when someone says it looks like a bomb.

Sorry, you wire up a timer (which a clock is just a timer of a sort) in a little metal box, and people are going to look at it funny. Are there any explosives in it? No, of course not, but at first glance that's not what you see. You see wires and a display and a smug little kid who is absolutely old enough to know what people are going to think when they see it.

Personally, I think the whole thing was just to get the exact attention that he got, and it pisses me off.

What he said ^.

I was roundly vilified on another forum for taking basically that same position.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 12:17am

^   Probably doesn't help that his name is Mohamed.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 1:43am
I don't care if his name is Mohamed, Smith, Lee, Brown, or Omm *click* chock-chock... you throw a bar of clay or a couple pieces of sawn-off broom handle in that box and it's faux bomb all day long.

All this outcry of support for this kid and I guarantee you he knew exactly what was going to happen when he presented his "invention". Everyone going on and on and on about how he's just a really smart kid and his intellect should be nurtured, but then hypocritically turning right around and saying there's no way he could have known it looked like... or would be considered by some to look like... a bomb. Pick one. Is he a smart kid or not? Everyone just wants to show how "evolved" they are by hopping on the latest "don't hate Muslims" bandwagon.

Oh, and the quotes around the word "invention"? That's because technically he didn't build a clock. The parts came from clocks. He just took them out of the Radio Shack casing and screwed them into a pencil box.

LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Uncapped bottles? *Shiver* This tablet has a little spot on a table next to my little desktop lamp. Sometimes a ttle electric 
teapot has a home about 8 inches away. The table slants away from the tab. We've been doing this since I  had my first tablet back in 2012. All I can think is that she overfilled the teapot and splashed in between the lamp and tab and it ran around the tablet. This would be the first f-up. But still, excuses aside, you are absolutely right. It was an accident waiting
to happen.

I have a 7" nexus. Pretty decent tablet that would cost well over $100 to replace, but I would still never fork out the kind of money they want for an Otterbox.

I have a neoprene case I bought at the Dollar Tree that I keep it in around the house and make sure wherever I set it down is safe. I never carry it outside the house, but if I ever do, I have a padded, vinyl zipper case my sister gave me, that protects it just fine.

The trick is to be extremely careful about where you put it and carry it with you to.

I finally put an order in for an Otterbox case for this one. It was under $20, which I was surprised about because they were so expensive before. I did end up replacing the usb/charging port. The part was a whopping $8.99 with free shipping. It took about 15 minutes to replace with about 10 of those pulling the screen side out to get to the guts. It certainly made me miss my old nexus 7, which the back comes right off. The tablet charges like new again and the backlight is fine again. Woohoo! The only thing that's a little wonky now is the sd card slot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No big deal. I just send stuff over wifi if i need to. Definitely a lesson learned. Always going to get a case and insurance first from now on.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I don't care if his name is Mohamed, Smith, Lee, Brown, or Omm *click* chock-chock... you throw a bar of clay or a couple pieces of sawn-off broom handle in that box and it's faux bomb all day long.

All this outcry of support for this kid and I guarantee you he knew exactly what was going to happen when he presented his "invention". Everyone going on and on and on about how he's just a really smart kid and his intellect should be nurtured, but then hypocritically turning right around and saying there's no way he could have known it looked like... or would be considered by some to look like... a bomb. Pick one. Is he a smart kid or not? Everyone just wants to show how "evolved" they are by hopping on the latest "don't hate Muslims" bandwagon.

Oh, and the quotes around the word "invention"? That's because technically he didn't build a clock. The parts came from clocks. He just took them out of the Radio Shack casing and screwed them into a pencil box.

LOL

If this topic comes back up over on one or both of the other forums I post on, I'm going to copy & paste your two posts in this thread on them as my own.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 4:48am
Here's something that raises my hackles. You are driving on a road, the speed limit is 55 miles per hours, yet the imbecile ahead of you is driving 20 MPH BELOW the speed limit. Angry Cops should pull these people over and cite them. 
Poiuyt Power!!!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 6:29am
^^ They are probably reading "KPH" as "MPH"

Was going to refill the pool chlorinator yesterday, but it decided to weld on the screw-top cap from the inside.  Not even able to budge it (even with a large leverage advantage), so dug out an older one.  Just need to refurbish the connectors.  That should save $100 buying a new one...

Oh, and "bomb-boy" has been invited to the White House...  Ermm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 6:56am
Yeah and all the shameless corporate publicity hounds at companies like Google etc, are tripping all over themselves and climbing over each other to offer the kid a job or an internship that will result in a job.

I expect the next thing we'll hear is that one of these multimillion dollar internet tech giants will pay for his entire education.

"Oh look at us, potential customers... aren't we so wonderful that it makes you want to purchase our products????"

Stupid grovelling turds.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 125>
  Share Topic