Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 10:30am
What pisses me off?

Incompetent people.

At the workplace, the bank, the post office, the fast food joint, the grocery store, the road, the TV... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

What pisses me off?

Incompetent people.

At the workplace, the bank, the post office, the fast food joint, the grocery store, the road, the TV... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Working in retail, I've come to understand that your concerns may not be simple incompetency. I've noted how, despite their insistence to the contrary, retail stores put customer service way down on their list of priorities. I mean, like at Walmart, when someone who works in.a department quits or goes on vacation, there's often no one working in that department. Right now, we have no one working in sports/automotive or fabrics/crafts.

I dread venturing into the store because I inevitably find customers descending upon me. No, I can't cut fabric and no, I don't know if this oil filter can be substituted for that, but "I'll get someone to help you". And then I don't because there is no one.

Part of this has to do with inflation. Stores want to keep employee hours as low as possible.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

. I mean, like at Walmart, when someone who works in.a department quits or goes on vacation, there's often no one working in that department. Right now, we have no one working in sports/automotive or fabrics/crafts.

I dread venturing into the store because I inevitably find customers descending upon me. No, I can't cut fabric and no, I don't know if this oil filter can be substituted for that, but "I'll get someone to help you". And then I don't because there is no one.

Part of this has to do with inflation. Stores want to keep employee hours as low as possible.

Isn't that pretty much SOP for Walmart though?

I gave up asking for help there long ago.

If you can even find someone, half the time they don't understand you because they don't "speak-a-da-Englaise" or else they're busy and don't want to be bothered or they just don't give a sh*t.

I don't really mind though.

Whatever they hafta do to keep their prices dirt cheap.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 7:30pm

Yeah, pretty much.

Whenever I hear someone complain about the lack of customer service, I wanna say exactly that, but add "whaddya expect? Walmart's ghetto."

But I think it's gotten worse. Because of the supply chain opening up, we have too much product. But with inflation, not enough people are buying it. So, even though there's more work, hours are being cut. Some people haven't worked in weeks.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 9:26pm
With gas prices steadily falling supply should be on its way back up, so retail prices should start to come back down.

When that happens of course, people will start spending again and retailers will increase hours and start hiring, etc, etc.

Hopefully things will be back to normal sooner rather than later.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 11:18pm

Right now, we're jammed with inventory. The wide aisles now feature---well, features. Lotsa sales. Especially, apparel. All discounted. An article I read in June said to expect this "inventory glut" to last a few quarters.

None of this really affects me. I pay a bit more for food. That's about it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 11:59pm
Same here.

I'm hoping that food prices will drop at least part or most of the way back to where they were.

At any rate, coming in January there's supposed to be an extree large COLA for SS recipients. Between 9 and 11.5%.

That will be nice.

Plus, on top of that, we might be getting back some of the extree large increase in the 2022 Medicare deduction, which they found was bigger than it needed to be.

So, between those two things, my SS might get back a bit closer to where it was prior to going on Medicare.

We'll see.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 12:36am

I haven't had to deal with Medicare anything yet. I'm covered through work. I'm not looking forward to it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 2:11am

I haven't had to deal with Medicare anything yet. I'm covered through work. I'm not looking forward to it.

It's nothing to fret over.

You don't even have to sign up.

You automatically go on it when you turn 65 if you're on SS.

If you wait until after 65 to start collecting SS, you'll probably go on Medicare too when you start collecting.

Can't say for sure, though.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 3:13am

I'm signed up with Medicare. Just basic Medicare. Took me ten minutes. And in two weeks, I got my card. I just keep it in my wallet and never use it. Parts B and C and supplemental this and that, is what I'll have to figure out when I stop working.

Maybe I'll just call Jimmy Walker for advice when the time comes..

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 4:05am

I'm signed up with Medicare. Just basic Medicare. Took me ten minutes. And in two weeks, I got my card. I just keep it in my wallet and never use it. Parts B and C and supplemental this and that, is what I'll have to figure out when I stop working.

Maybe I'll just call Jimmy Walker for advice when the time comes..

You're paying extra for Part C but you get more coverage, of course.

I only have A & B. 

I pay $170.00 a month for Part B.

It was $130.00 a month right up until I signed up for it, at which point they added on a $40.00 a month increase.

But like I said, they've decided that $40.00 increase was over estimated, so in 2023 they are supposedly going to trim it back, which should result in a decrease in the monthly premium. 

Maybe down to $150.00 or so.

Below $150.00 would be better. 

C'mon, man!
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 1:13am
Ya know what pisses me off? I'm pretty certain the number of squares on a toilet roll has been drastically cut! Crikey - we are putting a new roll on the holder every couple of days! And, no, our "output" hasn't changed! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 5:08am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Ya know what pisses me off? I'm pretty certain the number of squares on a toilet roll has been drastically cut! Crikey - we are putting a new roll on the holder every couple of days! And, no, our "output" hasn't changed! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yeah, that's one of the tricks companies resort to in times of economic downturn in order to not raise prices.

Another is the packaging, like increasing the indentation on the bottom of soda bottles.

And remember when "a half gallon of ice cream" was exactly that? Now it's 3 pints. Yogurt used to come in 8 oz containers; now it's 6.

They tried changing a pound of spaghetti to 12 ozs, but no one liked it.

Many other examples, no doubt.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 6:02am
There's actually a word for that.

Shrinkflation: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrinkflation

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 8:40am

Ha! The Wikipedia article mentioned the change in yogurt sizes that I mentioned.

Another thing I noticed recently is how thin Hershey bars have gotten. They're like 1/8th of an inch thick!

A lotta stuff shown in that first video is stuff we wouldn't really notice. Like, I don't remember toilet paper quantities, # of plys, # of sheets, size of rolls, etc. I just never paid attention. There's lotsa stuff like that.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 4:46pm
I noticed two or three years ago, well before the supply chain and current economic conditions existed, that certain products were getting smaller either by size or weight.

The one product that comes to mind is one of my favorite frozen pizzas.

When I first started buying Jack's Pizzas back around 2012 or 2014, they were like 17 ounces.

Then I noticed they were about 16 ounces.

Now, they're 15 ounces.

I wonder how much longer it will be until they're the size of a Ritz cracker. πŸ™„

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:10pm

To cloud the matter further, Coke and Pepsi have products and quantities that are exclusive to Walmart. Some beverages are like 2 or 3oz less than the supermarket variety.

One thing I'll never do, on principle alone, is buy a soda from a cooler at Walmart. 20oz bottle for $1.98! I can get a 2 liter bottle for half that.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:59am

To cloud the matter further, Coke and Pepsi have products and quantities that are exclusive to Walmart. Some beverages are like 2 or 3oz less than the supermarket variety.

I didn't know that.

But then I never buy those brands anyway.

The Great Value soda actually tastes better than those name brands and are half the price.

One thing I'll never do, on principle alone, is buy a soda from a cooler at Walmart. 20oz bottle for $1.98! I can get a 2 liter bottle for half that.

Exactly!!!!

Same here.

I wouldn't even buy one of those single serve sizes at the Dollar Tree.

And I'm talking BEFORE the 25Β’ price hike!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:45am

The soda coolers at Walmart are mostly up near the registers with the Dept 82 stuff (all the candy bars and gum and small bags of chips and other stuff).

The name for that department is "Impulse".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:27pm
Yeah, the Walmarts around here are set up that way, too.

You're on your way to check out, realize you've got the ice cold soda crave and figure "What's a coupla bucks?" next thing you know, you paid through the nose.

I wonder how many people see those coolers as the "Free Soda Dept".

Walk by, grab one, walk around the store drinking it, then toss the empty bottle in a trash can or leave it on a shelf somewhere.

I'm guessing you guys find empty or half full soda bottles occasionally.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 4:09pm

Yep. All the time. And I'm the one who has the suppliers give us credit for it. But really, there's no way to tell if it was a customer or employee, or if it was stolen or actually paid for. I just get Coke or Pepsi or whoever to pay for it.

Unfair, you say? Oh, perhaps. But we're Walmart. Fair is not in our vocabulary. 😬

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 6:06pm

Unfair, you say? Oh, perhaps. But we're Walmart. Fair is not in our vocabulary. 😬

Au contraire, mon frère.

I don't think it's unfair at all.

When those companies charge such extortionary prices for those little bottles of cold, delicious, sweetened soda water, they're encouraging people to do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart was OK with it, seeing as how they're getting paid anyway.

Win - win for Walmart. πŸ‘

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:41pm

There's a lot of waste. Today, I sold back five 24-pks of Coke, simply because the cardboard cases were compromised by leakage from another product on the pallet. They give me the credit, take the damages back to the distribution center, and the distribution center throws them away. 120 perfectly good cans of soda in the garbage.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:18pm
That sucks so bad.

I'm sure there's some local food bank or charitable organization that would have taken them from the distribution center.

The corporate mentality is so idiotic about some things.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:26pm

Some companies let us do that. Nabisco, for one. We get the credit for damages, and then give it away (as opposed to donating it) to a church that then gets the stuff to the needy.

The reason the soda is tossed is because each item would have to be cleaned and inspected (for expiration date) before donating it. It would actually cost the manufacturer. Not worth it, considering they'd still be liable.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125>
  Share Topic