Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm not talking to my cat Rocco. Nor am I giving him treats, petting him or otherwise giving him any attention.

On the way out the door Wednesday morning, I went to kiss him and say sweet nothings to him while he sat in his cat tower, and he suddenly took a swipe at me, cutting my nose and upper lip. The bloodshed was surprisingly copious (partially due to my aspirin regimen causing my blood to thin). Anyway, it took a while for it slow down enough for me to leave the house.

I'm not trying to punish him. I just want to see if he might show a different attitude. If he comes up to me and bumps head or lays on my chest or snuggles up next to me, I'll be happy.

I'm not holding my breath.

What in the hell did you say to him?LOL
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm not talking to my cat Rocco. Nor am I giving him treats, petting him or otherwise giving him any attention.

On the way out the door Wednesday morning, I went to kiss him and say sweet nothings to him while he sat in his cat tower, and he suddenly took a swipe at me, cutting my nose and upper lip. The bloodshed was surprisingly copious (partially due to my aspirin regimen causing my blood to thin). Anyway, it took a while for it slow down enough for me to leave the house.

I'm not trying to punish him. I just want to see if he might show a different attitude. If he comes up to me and bumps head or lays on my chest or snuggles up next to me, I'll be happy.

I'm not holding my breath.

What in the hell did you say to him?LOL

Goodbye my baby little Sweetums my little Rocco (kiss, kiss, kiss) I'll miss you I'll see you later mwa mwa mwa my baby baby baby my little Rocco.

Of course. 😄

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:22pm
I call my cats knuckleheads.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:23pm

I should call mine Sh*thead.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:25pm
I call mine that too, on occasion.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:30pm

How many do you have at this point?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:44pm
Two.

Brownie and Cowcat.

Cowcat was my sister's cat.

Did a 400+ mile round trip to go retrieve her from my sister's in laws up in Trenton.

That's the one in Florida, btw.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 4:33pm

Well, it looks like Cowcat adjusted...to you and to Brownie. Glad to see it.

Minutes ago, Rocco jumped up onto the coach next to me and snuggled up against my leg. All is forgiven. I still might deny him treats as he's overweight. Then again, who am I to judge?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 4:50pm
My sister and her now deceased husband gave Cowcat her name because her coloring looks like that of a cow.

Now, she's gotten so fat, she's come full bovine circle.

I've been calling her Cannonball lately because when I'm in my chair and she comes barrelling out of nowhere, launching herself up onto me to use my upper body as a shortcut to her favorite snoozing spot, it's like getting hit with a furry, 20 lb. cannonball.

I assume, anyway.

Just about knocks the breath out of me.

And of course, the claws are usually out just to make sure she gets a good grip.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 4:57pm

LOL, I can picture it.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:45pm
I call my two cats Little Monsters.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:47pm
One of my cats a few days ago got very excited while on my lap, and scratched my leg with his claws. It's getting healed up, but both have done that a few times.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:25am

I wouldn't say it really pisses me off, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing the word "hack", as in trick, shortcut, tip.

I guess it'll last a few years and then go away.

I was surprised the other day to hear "nothingburger". I thought that left a few years ago.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 2:26pm
You see those stupid "life hacks" videos on social media a lot.

IDK about Twitter or Instagram, but Facebook's News Feed has them constantly.

First of all, most of the "hacks" are just bullsh*t and waste more time and effort than they save.

Worse yet is the hideous "music" they're always set to. Some kind of Japanese techno-pop crap or something.

There's this other phenomenon that has cropped up, which are videos where people, usually a young woman with voices of other people off camera, start out by claiming they found a cool trick to solve some issue via some super easy and highly improbable means.

Often involving the use of duct tape. 🙄

Then they proceed to fiddle-fart around, dragging it out as long as possible while just totally wasting tons of whatever material they're using, and gabbing endlessly on and on about what they're going to do next, without actually doing it, etc., etc.

Basically they are the video version of those click-bait "slideshow" articles where you have to keep clicking the arrow to take you to the next picture/page while they digress about a lot of side sh*t and drag it out forever.

If the internet and social media has done anything, it has shown us how screwed up people are becoming.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 3:02pm

Yeah, the latest was a news segment this AM. Household hacks. I think I'm supposed to throw some aluminum foil into the laundry or the dryer or the dishwasher or something for one reason or another.

And yeah, those clickbait articles. I'm a sucker for the historical pics. I think the last was "Hygiene of the Old West", and the bait pic was of some 1800s floozy playing pool with the back of her clothing split open to allow her to take a dump wherever and whenever. I think that's what it was. Never got that far. ðŸĪŠ

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 3:24pm
Well, I guess when you have to sh*t in a hole dug into the ground below a little wooden hut, you want to make the whole thing as quick and easy as possible.

Plus, it is my understanding that women wore several layers of skirts back then, so taking them all off every time they had to take a dump would have made it a perilous proposition in terms of shatting in one's garments.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 3:54pm

Who'd be able to tell? I imagine people in that time and place stinking to high heaven.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 4:01pm
Yeah, the BO was probably so commonplace, it was no longer even noticable.

I had never considered that before until I read a Ken Follet novel called Timeline in which a group of scientists travelled back to the middle ages to rescue some friends who'd gotten sucked into a wormhole in the fabric of spacetime.

As they walked through the crowded streets of some medieval town, the first thing they noticed was the stench.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 6:15am
They'd never forget it if it had been dumped on them from an upper storey window... 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 11:11am
Being woken up at quarter after 5 on Sunday morning by the telephone ringing and there's nobody on the other end when you get up and answer it.

@#$!!!&%##@!!!

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:40am
It probably wasn't 5AM-ish where the person called you from... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Being woken up at quarter after 5 on Sunday morning by the telephone ringing and there's nobody on the other end when you get up and answer it.

@#$!!!&%##@!!!

That's awful. Probably a sales call or something.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 6:55pm
Had a neighbor blast a random close firework outside my home on Sunday night then had a 7 hour power outage because of an equipment failure yesterday. It wasn't even raining or had high winds at the time. We did get some heavy rain later on though.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 6:49am
Woke up at 5 in the morning after feeling something crawling on my face. Turned on the lights, saw a roach scurry away after I flipped some pillows. Grabbed a vacuum cleaner, moved the bed & mattress around, couldn't find it. Put everything back, went back to bed, then a few minutes later heard some paper rustling. Turned the light back on, figured out where it was, and whacked it with my big ass flashlight before it could get away.  While it was stunned, got the vac again, and a moment later -thoop-, that was that. Put everything away & went back to sleep... 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 9:52am

You only stunned it?? It might survive! After all, it's a cockroach.

It might crawl out of the vacuum cleaner and decide to take revenge, perhaps laying eggs in your ear. And then when it tickles and you go to scratch your ear, you push the eggs in, which will then hatch and crawl further into your head, eating your brain.

Don't worry about it, though; it probably won't happen.

Really, it probably won't. Maybe a 30% chance.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 125>
  Share Topic