Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:42pm
I get this call from my doctors office, I was in the bathroom!  I think I know what it's about.

Dr. Sarah Wyp (Wypiszynski)! I sh*t you not. I like her!  She came in the room and shoved her chest in my face.  (only 12 inches away)  Showing me her name tag and why she goes by Dr. Wyp.

Anyway, I call down there and the woman says I don't know who you are trying to reach. 
They send me back to the main menu and I have had it by now.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 11:34pm

I guess I'm not too pissed off, as it worked out OK, but...

Wednesday, I got a card in the mail about a free rabies clinic in the township that was to take place today from 9am-12noon. This year, because of the Covid, we had to register, presumably so they could control the flow of attendees.

Problem was, I got the card Wednesday, and the township offices were closed Thursday and Friday in addition to the weekend. So there was no way to register.

Well, I left a message for the health officer yesterday and he actually called me this AM!! He got me signed up. Worked out well. My cat Rocco wasn't happy, but I was.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 12:02am
You didn't have him vaccinated already?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 12:22am

Yeah, in 2017, 2015, 2011. The law here is---well, I forget. All I know is that in order to renew his license, He has to have a rabies shot every few years. This (licensing) is something I never had to deal with in CA.

My bro says there are people who will show up at your house to check on the legal status of your pets. I assume there's a fine for any non-compliance.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 1:56am
Fight the power!!!!! 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 6:16pm
Yeah! In my part of the world. The cops would go door to door if you didn't renew your license.  'Proof of rabies shot'  The shot does last several years.  I went to the trouble of sending a letter to the clerk and the PD after we put the dog down.  I didn't want them knocking on the door during one of our drug and alcohol fueled orgies.

NO BIBLE MEETINS AND NO ORGIES

Fred Sanford  Grady Wilson

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:59pm
I had a cop yell at me today.  It was all my fault. Traffic gets pretty heavy just before and after school.

I didn't see the cop!  It was the crack of Dawn!  My vision is not the greatest! The local cop was directing traffic at a 4 way stop. The car stopped in front of me on a right of way right turn.  I honked...My bad.

I ran out of 4 more of my medications. I go to the drive-thru Rx in my town.  The lady said, "do you have insurance?"  The last time I was there it was $27!  I said, I'll just pay for it.  She said 1 prescription is $432.
WTF! I'll call them with my insurance info, I have a Good Rx card.  I hated the drug companies when I didn't need their f**king products...I hate them even more knowing they are just f*cking people with their high prices.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:42pm
That's larceny!! Angry  $450 for 60 Eliquis?  My insurance didn't help, my Good Rx card didn't help!  Screw you Pfizer!

I guess I should do my homework next time, if there is a next time!  Angry

To top it all off, the lady said my debit card was declined! That's not possible...I had $700 in there when I transferred $500 this morning!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:24pm
Sounds like you're having a tough day there aka ron.... 

Hang in there!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:33pm
I'm alright, Jimbo.  How are you doin?
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That's larceny!! Angry  $450 for 60 Eliquis?  My insurance didn't help, my Good Rx card didn't help!  Screw you Pfizer!

I guess I should do my homework next time, if there is a next time!  Angry

To top it all off, the lady said my debit card was declined! That's not possible...I had $700 in there when I transferred $500 this morning!

This may sound kind of "out there", but I've read a lot of your posts and I'm concerned. And I'm just trying to help by thinking out of the box a little bit.

You (and everyone else here) probably thinks this is a bunch of c*ap, but you seem to be caught in a cycle of bad karma.

"Whatever energy you put out, through your everyday intentions and actions you get back to you in some form."  (The Joy Within)

There will always be things that happen that make us angry, but try to identify the core source of your anger and let it go.  The anger that is constantly flowing out of you is bouncing back and biting you in the a*s.  If you find some peace, maybe all these bad things happening to you will stop.

Being bitter and enraged doesn't seem to be working for you in resolving any of your problems.

We all have different ways of handling things, but I just offer this as an alternative.  Take it or leave it.    I hope things start turning around for you.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:19pm
OK, Caroln  Thanks for your support
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:33pm

SSDD.

Nothing to do, nobody to do anything with. Nobody to talk to. Except my cat of course, but he isn't much of a conversationalist. The highlight of my day is going out for my daily afternoon walk and even that is getting boring. 

I have succeeded in getting my resting heart rate down, though. Thumbs Up

I need to find some more interesting places to go for a walk. Maybe start driving someplace, park the car and walk. I go downtown sometimes but parking is a PITA. 

I need to find a way to meet people and maybe make some friends. I'm thinking about joining the local Kiwanis Club after all this virus sh*t is over. You might think of checking them out too. They are a nationwide organization that gets involved in projects to raise money for disadvantaged children. Plus they have weekly meetings and other member activities. 

Seems like a place one could make friends.

And women join too.

You never know....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:55pm
I like your attitude Jimbo.  We can never have too many friends.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:00pm

I like your attitude Jimbo.  We can never have too many friends.

One would be fine with me.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:08pm
You have more than one here dude!  Don't feel so isolated. Look at what I'm going through/.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:28pm

You have more than one here dude!  Don't feel so isolated. Look at what I'm going through/.

Yeah, I know. 

I've thought of that.

This place has helped quite a bit.

Just having people to communicate with even if it's not in person, helps tremendously.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:13pm

I'm glad I have a place to go every day, if for nothing other than having people to talk to. There's also CIH, for sure, and the phone. But in person, there's just work.

Other than work, I have no social life. I went to my bro's best friend's house for Thanksgiving, and realized that that was the only social type of thing I've done all year.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:49pm
My neighbor (Wally) changed the filter on my well pump.  Now I have no water at all!  Gee thanks, Wally.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

SSDD.

Nothing to do, nobody to do anything with. Nobody to talk to. Except my cat of course, but he isn't much of a conversationalist. The highlight of my day is going out for my daily afternoon walk and even that is getting boring. 

I have succeeded in getting my resting heart rate down, though. Thumbs Up

I need to find some more interesting places to go for a walk. Maybe start driving someplace, park the car and walk. I go downtown sometimes but parking is a PITA. 

I need to find a way to meet people and maybe make some friends. I'm thinking about joining the local Kiwanis Club after all this virus sh*t is over. You might think of checking them out too. They are a nationwide organization that gets involved in projects to raise money for disadvantaged children. Plus they have weekly meetings and other member activities. 

Seems like a place one could make friends.

And women join too.

You never know....

Maybe you can find a local park and find the walking trail.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Maybe you can find a local park and find the walking trail.

There are parks all over the place where I live.

I've been going for walks everyday to get exercise and lower my resting heart rate.

Did that today. 

Lots of people out but still, they're all strangers.

I'm working things out. 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 6:03pm
There I was, sleeping in my single bed...Drifting

Wanna love you and treat you right
I wanna love you
Every day and every night
We'll be together
With a roof right over our heads
We'll share the shelter
Of my single bed

OK, I'm back.

I had no idea Bob Marley wrote this song. 

Anyway, It's like 10:00pm and hear this f**king chainsaw, did I miss the tornado?  The young whippersnappers next door must have been having a Saturday night campfire, dammit.

Then!  They must not love their dog very much. The poor pooch is outside barking constantly for hours at a time.  If I ever see the guy face to face, I'd like to make a deal with him. I'll pay him to clear my driveway when he does his own. With my brand new machine!  I went to the grocery this morning and my hip is shot.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 4:33pm

There I was, sleeping in my single bed...Drifting

Wanna love you and treat you right
I wanna love you
Every day and every night
We'll be together
With a roof right over our heads
We'll share the shelter
Of my single bed

OK, I'm back.

I had no idea Bob Marley wrote this song. 

Anyway, It's like 10:00pm and hear this f**king chainsaw, did I miss the tornado?  The young whippersnappers next door must have been having a Saturday night campfire, dammit.

Then!  They must not love their dog very much. The poor pooch is outside barking constantly for hours at a time.  If I ever see the guy face to face, I'd like to make a deal with him. I'll pay him to clear my driveway when he does his own. With my brand new machine!  I went to the grocery this morning and my hip is shot.

Is This Love is one of Marley's classics.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 4:38am
I bought some of this stuff.  So, why am I still awake?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 4:42am

I bought some of this stuff.  So, why am I still awake?

I take 3 sleep aid caplets every night then wait till they start making drowsy. 

Then I drink a glass of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot right before I go to bed.

That seems to do the trick, but I still wake up really early.

My sleep pattern has been really f**ked up for the past few months.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 125>
  Share Topic