Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:44am
This lady sent me an email yesterday. Either we have a new agent or she handed us off to someone else in the office.

Dear Kevin,

I would like to talk to you about adding a layer of protection to your insurance. In order to be fully protected from unexpected events, I would like to get you an umbrella insurance quote.  An umbrella policy provides you with additional coverage when your home and auto limits are exceeded. Can you please answer a few question for me, so  I can get you a quote? If you are more comfortable calling me, I can be reached at (920) 230-7000. Thank you!

Oh!  They are so concerned about our lack of coverage!  I'm thinking they just want more of our money! Screw you, Allstate!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This lady sent me an email yesterday. Either we have a new agent or she handed us off to someone else in the office.

Dear Kevin,

I would like to talk to you about adding a layer of protection to your insurance. In order to be fully protected from unexpected events, I would like to get you an umbrella insurance quote.  An umbrella policy provides you with additional coverage when your home and auto limits are exceeded. Can you please answer a few question for me, so  I can get you a quote? If you are more comfortable calling me, I can be reached at (920) 230-7000. Thank you!

Oh!  They are so concerned about our lack of coverage!  I'm thinking they just want more of our money! Screw you, Allstate!

Sounds like they've got you pegged as a pigeon....

pi·geon1
/ˈpijən/
noun
  1. 1. a stout seed- or fruit-eating bird with a small head, short legs, and a cooing voice, typically having gray and white plumage.

2. 2. INFORMALNORTH AMERICAN
    a gullible person, especially someone swindled in gambling or the victim of a confidence trick.

Maybe if you upgrade your policy, they'll send you a free, personalized t-shirt...

Maybe a nice little picture for your wall....

LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:50pm
LOL

I have a picture of a pigeon on the back porch!  It would take me a month to find it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:02pm
Please tell me, Jimbo. What would you do if you got a call or an email like this. Somebody called not too long ago!  I don't need these high pressure sales tactics!  I've added full coverage to my truck...(because we borrowed money against it) why don't they volunteer all of these discounts for me? They just want to screw me!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:14pm

Please tell me, Jimbo. What would you do if you got a call or an email like this. Somebody called not too long ago!  I don't need these high pressure sales tactics!  I've added full coverage to my truck...(because we borrowed money against it) why don't they volunteer all of these discounts for me? They just want to screw me!

I would either just ignore it or call the number and ask exactly why they think I need to upgrade my coverage, what the potential benefit, if any, would be and how much it would cost vs how much I'm already paying. Ask what kind of discounts, if any, I qualify for and what the lowest possible price would be. Then I'd tell them that I need time to think about it and discuss it with the missus.

If the money wasn't right, I just wouldn't call them back and I'd ignore any future attempts by them to contact me. Maybe reply to one email telling them I'm not interested.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:19pm
My answer was...NO! Thanks! I sent it to my wife!  Just so she knows what's going on.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 5:31pm
I had to turn on my subscription for Sling TV today.  The Rolex 24 at Daytona.

The F*ckers raised the price by 5 dollars a month.  I don't really think it's worth it!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 6:24pm
It's bad enough that Mama's annuity payment won't hit the account until Monday, the freaking server for the Credit Union has been down all day!  I can't check the balance or anything!  In this day of electronic transactions,  would it really hurt those f*cking 9 to 5er's to make the payment over the weekend!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 5:08am
Oh no, they'll process it a day late just so you can be dinged a late payment fee (complain fast to them if that happens...)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 5:07pm
Our tax dollars at work!  Angry What is that old 'Well Drillers' joke?

Colder Than a Well Digger’s Ass

This phrase is a crude reference used to describe an ambient temperature.  Every well digger knows his ass from his elbow and his ass from a hole in the ground, because their job requires them to use a shovel and a bucket to dig down deep into the earth to create a well.  Why is a well digger’s ass so cold?  Could a well digger’s ass be getting cold because they forgot to cover up their ass?  Is a well digger’s ass any colder than a witch’s tit?  Is a well digger’s ass cold enough to freeze the balls off of a brass monkey?  Is it any colder than the handle on an outhouse door?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 6:11pm

This phrase is a crude reference used to describe an ambient temperature.  Every well digger knows his ass from his elbow and his ass from a hole in the ground, because their job requires them to use a shovel and a bucket to dig down deep into the earth to create a well.  Why is a well digger’s ass so cold?  Could a well digger’s ass be getting cold because they forgot to cover up their ass?  Is a well digger’s ass any colder than a witch’s tit?  Is a well digger’s ass cold enough to freeze the balls off of a brass monkey?  Is it any colder than the handle on an outhouse door?

I don't remember where I read this, but it was likely in Esquire Magazine, which my mom got me a subscription to when I was around 20 or so.

Anyway, I member reading about something that was seen written in a men's room toilet stall at Harvard U. about the girls at neighboring Radcliffe, who call themselves "Cliffies".

It went:

Q.) What's the difference between a Cliffie and a toilet seat?

A.) A toilet seat eventually warms to the touch.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't remember where I read this, but it was likely in Esquire Magazine, which my mom got me a subscription to when I was around 20 or so.

Anyway, I member reading about something that was seen written in a men's room toilet stall at Harvard U. about the girls at neighboring Radcliffe, who call themselves "Cliffies".

It went:

Q.) What's the difference between a Cliffie and a toilet seat?

A.) A toilet seat eventually warms to the touch.

That is funny!LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 6:11pm
I got another call from the local 'Energy Star' program.  I just went through their standard interrogation a month ago or so.  I felt bad!  Hanging up on this sweet sounding woman!  NO!  I don't want to buy new windows!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

That is funny!LOL

Glad you enjoyed it. Wink

I thought it was pretty funny too.

Hence the reason why it stuck in my mind for four decades. LOL

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:20pm

I got another call from the local 'Energy Star' program.  I just went through their standard interrogation a month ago or so.  I felt bad!  Hanging up on this sweet sounding woman!  NO!  I don't want to buy new windows!

I've been getting robo calls from Chase Bank.

I finally got fed up and signed up on the National Do Not Call List or whatever it's called.

We'll see if it works.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:14am
No love from my house this Valentine's Day. Cry  Was taking the garbage out & found the water heater leaking. Nothing catastrophic. Yet.  Lasted almost 10 years.  More damn things I need to fix... Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I've been getting robo calls from Chase Bank.

I finally got fed up and signed up on the National Do Not Call List or whatever it's called.

We'll see if it works.

The scammers ignore the Do Not Call List! They can even mock a local number to get you to pick up. I think there are even legitimate businesses that ignore it too. I've had calls from Travel Agencies, Health Insurance companies, Extended Auto warranties...You name it!

The government keeps talking about cracking down on 'Robo-Calls'.  They are not supposed to call cell phones. One of the reasons I get so many calls, I took the land line phone number to my cell phone.  It's a published number.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 5:19am
Do what I do.
 Just say "At the tone, leave your message!"
Then hang up...   Big smile
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 6:08am
Took 8 hours to put the new WH in (just me doing it.)  Was moving it into place when I discovered it was 3 inches taller than the old one, not a good thing when it came to hooking it up to the piping, so off to Lowes for some 24" flexible pipe.  Not placed where I want it, but it's all hooked up & no leaks (except for the stupid ice maker filter, which always seems to drip. Angry )  Redoing the piping behind it is another thing on the to-do list...
The old WH took a dive out the back door when I was moving it & drained itself from the top.  No chance of salvaging it now.  It was such a good, dependable WH, I'm going to miss it...  Cry
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 6:01am
AngryGoddamn sh*t motherf**kerAngry  Turns out I wasted a perfectly good water heater.  There was some water under the new one when I installed it, figured it would dry up in a day or two.  Looked at it today, found a much bigger puddle ("Great, the new one leaks too.")  Got a flashlight & checked for leaks around the connections, noticed water beading on the casing, caught sight of a very fine spray of water coming from the ice maker filter.  Been pissed off all day Angry (and probably for a few more) at not finding that before spending a lot of time, trouble, and $$$ to 'fix' something that didn't need it.
Oh well, it is what it is, but I'm still going to be angry about it...  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 5:38pm
^ If it makes you feel any better...

Based on the manufacturer's suggested service life, the life expectancy of a water heater is about 8 to 12 years. That varies with the location and design of the unit, quality of installation, maintenance schedule and water quality.

We've been here since 2006, we are on our third water heater. One was covered by the warranty.

You didn't say if it was gas or electric.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:33am
It was electric, never had any problems with it.  Should have lasted a few years more.  The next time around in life I'll catch my stupid mistake... 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 4:43pm
Even though the weather here today is cold, grey and a bit on the wet side, some idiot landscaper doing my next door neighbor's yard, has been going at it with his g*dd*med leaf blower for a solid f*cking hour!!!!

Angry

The leaves are probably all soggy and wet, so half of them are probably stuck to the f*cking concrete anyway, but rather than walking his lazy ass over to his trailer to get a stiff bristled push broom, putting a little bit of physical effort into it, probably saving a good 40 minutes or more in the process, and just sweeping the sh*t off the driveway, the fat, lazy f**k apparently would rather just stand there like a lard statue with his obnoxious, noise-making piece of junk from hell, wasting gasoline and driving everyone living in the surrounding homes insane.

The stupid fat f**k is lucky I'm not a violent person.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 5:10pm
LOL

Back when I cleared our driveway with the snowblower, this is the first winter I have not done it myself, I used to go out there at 3 or 4 in the morning.  There is no ordinance concerning snowblowers and such.

When the snow was heavy or I tried to go too fast, a belt would squeal like a banshee!  Sorry to my neighbors!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 8:38pm
The idiot's been at it all day. 

Sounds like he finally stopped within the last few minutes, or he's taking a break.

He wasn't just doing the sidewalk and driveway. He was removing leaves from the entire yard, front and back. 

That means he was using the blower on dirt and whatever grass is growing there.

In between, he'd stop and rake them into trash bags. 

There must be a good couple of dozen bags packed full of leaves along the curb.

Of all the days to do a job like that, he picks a cold, damp, windy one like today when the leaves are all soggy.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 125>
  Share Topic