Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 2:22pm
I'm sitting here wondering if I should call a plumber to confirm my fear that this is going to be a very difficult and expensive repair.

I won't watch GMA during the week, I like the people on the weekend show. Until this morning...Get a load of this freak show!  Angry

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 5:07pm
ION TV does a lot of things that annoy me!  Like...

WHY IS THIS STILL ON MY TV?!?!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Our assbag of a president is making an appearance in Green Bay tonight.  Money, money, money!  Maybe God will intervene.  Extra extra! Read all about it!  Trump Dies After Pants Catch On Fire.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 6:04pm
The mute button and channel changer buttons are on the remote control for a reason, aka ron.

The problem is that you have to train yourself to keep the remote within quick and easy reach so you can switch that sh*t off as fast as possible!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
^  The remote for the big TV doesn't work anymore.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:08pm
My wife's friend (Marie) needed a ride to a doctors appt.  Mama met her through the swap meets they have had together.  She has known her less than a year!  Why are my wife's friends so needy?  There isn't a relative that could step up here?  Christ!

"Oh, she will pay me for the gas."  I say,  What about when your old CUV breaks down?  It has over 100,000 miles on it.  My wife does not understand these things.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:12pm
"Friends in need are Friends indeed" and there sure are many more needy friends available.
I don't want friends - I'm a loner with a boner.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:54am
^^^ LOL ^^^
Or...spending Thanksgiving as a loner with my tromboner.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 3:39pm
What pisses me off?

This could go in Television Related Rants.

I get up this morning and as I'm making breakfast, I start watching the clock, waiting for 9 o'clock to get here so I can watch my Sunday morning staple Meet the Press.

Finally, 9 o'clock rolls around and what comes on?

A special Mother's Day edition of....

WHAT?????

I waited an hour just for the chance to see a group of hens clucking for the 10 millionth time about how women are all victims of men???

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 5:31pm
LOL  Poor Jimbo!

You should just watch NCIS: LA instead on ION TV. You shouldn't get so stressed out on a Sunday morning!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:50pm
I don't like it when people take advantage of my wife's kind heart!  Freaking Marie!  How much does a freaking tie rod cost? 

Mama had to take her to another Dr's appointment.  DON'T MOOCH ON MY MAMA! It's 40+ miles (one way) after a detour through Oshkosh on the way to Fon du Lac.  My wife knows we are low on funds this month.  Not to mention the 107,000 miles she has on her vehicle. She paid for booth space for one of her sales...Any profits never see the checking account.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:07pm
No transit busses run over that way?

Greyhound?

Sounds like it's time to put the foot down.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 5:41pm
The frustration is growing, somebody from Public Works stopped by yesterday.  "You have to fix your leak."

Yeah, no! I said, I thought you said you could locate the leak the last time you were here! (crickets)

So, this morning I call them. I get the Director Of Public Works (Steve) and I ask him if it's possible to locate our water line where it enters the house.  "Oh! Did you call a contractor?" 

I said...No Steve, I didn't call them yet because I need to know where the water line is to determine how to fix it!

"Oh, BTW. I just sent you a letter." Thanks, Steve. You didn't know one of your men was here yesterday?  Confused  He finally agreed to send someone over to "Trace" the line. What ever the f*ck that means!

One of two things is going to happen here.  This is why I need to know where the water line is.

-Either the water line runs straight to the house from the valve in the driveway, under the driveway, under the garage floor, through the foundation wall and then makes a 90 degree turn.  Obviously, I don't want that much destruction.

-Or, the water line takes a turn through the lawn to where I believe this whole leak thing started.

This is the lessor of the two evils...A cheaper repair ($1000+) compared to connecting at the valve in the driveway and running a whole new line to the house which includes some creative engineering to make a pipe that won't freeze during the winter months. (sigh)

DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:24pm
The last time I had to have an expensive plumbing job done the company that I used actually let me make payments over a period six months to reimburse them. I was so grateful for that! It was RotoRooter.
Back from the dead...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:09am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The frustration is growing, somebody from Public Works stopped by yesterday.  "You have to fix your leak."

Yeah, no! I said, I thought you said you could locate the leak the last time you were here! (crickets)

So, this morning I call them. I get the Director Of Public Works (Steve) and I ask him if it's possible to locate our water line where it enters the house.  "Oh! Did you call a contractor?" 

I said...No Steve, I didn't call them yet because I need to know where the water line is to determine how to fix it!

"Oh, BTW. I just sent you a letter." Thanks, Steve. You didn't know one of your men was here yesterday?  Confused  He finally agreed to send someone over to "Trace" the line. What ever the f*ck that means!

One of two things is going to happen here.  This is why I need to know where the water line is.

-Either the water line runs straight to the house from the valve in the driveway, under the driveway, under the garage floor, through the foundation wall and then makes a 90 degree turn.  Obviously, I don't want that much destruction.

-Or, the water line takes a turn through the lawn to where I believe this whole leak thing started.

This is the lessor of the two evils...A cheaper repair ($1000+) compared to connecting at the valve in the driveway and running a whole new line to the house which includes some creative engineering to make a pipe that won't freeze during the winter months. (sigh)

Confused The Inquiring Mindless NEED TO KNOW! Do you not have a 'Family Lawyer'? Get one and let them handle the nasty business - they're usually much better at these things and that sort of harassment should get you some positive results for around $100-$150, I would think...I simply love my lawyers and I have them everywhere for every conceivable need (even a Death Row Prosecutor, who has been one of my best friends since I donated a Mexican girlfriend (also now a lawyer) to him, back before I got married). They're fun to collect, but not to trade.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 5:42pm
^

Update!  The guy from Public Works said they located the leak with their equipment.  The process they said they would do 2 weeks ago.  Yesterday, I got the letter from the director of pubic works.  "Fix the problem or we will shut off your service."

I honestly don't know who to believe. I will follow their lead, I mean, they are they experts, right?  They will cut a big hunk of concrete out of the driveway next to the valve.  At a rate of about $198 an hour, that's driveway robbery!  And, worse case scenario...That repair won't fix the problem, I still think the leak is in the crawlspace!

Only then, PaW. When I'm sure the work that the city and FEMA did caused the leak, will I hire an attorney.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:50pm
What pisses me off?  Fast food people who can't get the order right! Angry  Jesus Christ!  What a way to spoil my mood.  Worthless f*cks!  I guess I better check their work before I pull away. Angry

I'm not sure what's up with my freaking computer! Something has changed with my Mozilla brouser, it is not letting me post a screenshot.  It shows up as an error message on the preview.  I went so far as to re-install Mozilla Firefox.  Still the same thing.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm

What pisses me off?  Fast food people who can't get the order right! Angry  Jesus Christ!  What a way to spoil my mood.  Worthless f*cks!  I guess I better check their work before I pull away. Angry

I'm not sure what's up with my freaking computer! Something has changed with my Mozilla brouser, it is not letting me post a screenshot.  It shows up as an error message on the preview.  I went so far as to re-install Mozilla Firefox.  Still the same thing.
WinkLOL...seems we just had this discussion....watch the video
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 4:41pm
The letter did come from the Public Works Director. They are giving us 10 days, from the date of the letter (5/28), to fix the leak or they will shut off our service.  That's fRIDAY OF THIS WEEK.  I had to light a fire under the plumber's asses because the people from Diggers Hotline have not even been here yet.

What's really annoying...He sent a copy of the letter to the police department! Is that really f*cking necessary?  Angry
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:54am
Get a lawyer, call in your local news station, and make it a PR nightmare for the city.  See if you can get on camera while the cops are arresting you over a water leak.  (Hopefully you haven't been making threats...?)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Get a lawyer, call in your local news station, and make it a PR nightmare for the city.  See if you can get on camera while the cops are arresting you over a water leak.  (Hopefully you haven't been making threats...?)
No threats, I've been on my best behavior. We'll see my mood after the repair on Friday, after the repair they make DOES NOT fix the problem.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Get a lawyer, call in your local news station, and make it a PR nightmare for the city....      
Wink I see we were thinking along the same lines. 

PaWism #16: You can lead a horse to water, but it is almost impossible to hold its head under to drown the critter.

Maybe we should all go stand in his front yard and badly serenade him & his precious, at daybreak..sort of in a very poor 'Barbershop Quartet'-way, or we can pretend to be The Mills Brothers...or, maybe not -  maybe just send a friendly little song to remind him.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:33pm
Mama!  I told her already, I don't want to know if she has to pick up her loser friend (Marie)! LA LA LA LA LA! They may get rained out.  The bitch was here in my house, smoking my cigarettes, using my ashtray!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:53pm

Mama!  I told her already, I don't want to know if she has to pick up her loser friend (Marie)! LA LA LA LA LA! They may get rained out.  The bitch was here in my house, smoking my cigarettes, using my ashtray!

You need to stop leaving anything you don't want the bitch mooching off of you, laying around where she can help herself to it.

Start hiding stuff.

Put your foot down.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:03am
An easy way to solve your problem:  Just stop smoking.  You need to save the money for your plumbing repairs, anyway...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Put your foot down.

LOL

She ended up staying home.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 125>
  Share Topic