Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Another call from Credit Card Services, they spoof a local number from this exchange. I use the old land line number on my cell phone. I had a new plan! I answer questions like...
Discover, Visa or Mastercard?
Account balance?

This f*cker must not have a life, and he gets paid to rip off and harass the people who don't fall for his BS!

I was going to answer every question truthfully, until he got to the specific questions like...

He knows my name!  Any fool can find it if they try, I paid AT&T 6 or 7 bucks a month for a non-published number.  SCREW YOU AT&T!  I was going to say, when he asked for account numbers, my personal information, SSN, address.

I don't feel comfortable giving you this information.  Just trying to waste as much of his time as I can!

NOW!  And this one has me a little bothered!

I have gotten calls from Microsoft before, I just tell them to f*ck off!  Today!  I get a recorded message from my own number, ever heard of 'Swatting'? A person from Microsoft says that my IP address has been compromised by a foreign entity and will be shut down if I don't call them.

What bothers me is that our f*cking government can do nothing to stop these scammers!

The government doesn't care they rather bring illegals in. (left wingers). And I bet you answer or call those cc scammers are foreign. Probably Nigerian Rusfian or India or Iran.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:26am
Well, well, well.  Got a credit card bill today from Montgomery Ward for $275.  I have to say it was (is)  a really slick phishing scam.  It came with a return envelope and the usual pamphlets that are in regular cc bills.  But there was absolutely no contact info for inquiries, card services, etc (like with real cc's), just a number for you to call to arrange for different ways of payment (debit/cc/checking account #'s)
  Now, it may be "legit" (as in identity theft using my name and address), but as MW went out of business over 35 years ago (as confirmed by my neighbor who used to work for them way back then), I'm not responding to it in any way (not even going to their website to look),  so I'll just wait & see what develops.  Eh, maybe I'll check my real cc to make sure my cc wasn't compromised, then run the "bill" over to the local cops to see what they make of it...
I just want to slap these scamming bastards...  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:11pm
^ LOL  Go after them, Mr. T!

As if these stupid holiday movies on Sundays wasn't enough, the brainiacs at this network think they are doing me a favor!  WRONG!  I'm not the only one who is bothered by this idiotic programming.

I want to hit something! How about the f*cking program director at ION TV?

G Wayne Newcomb won't be watching after this sunday!! for my Christmas movies, I watch Hallmark!! I watch Ion on Sunday for NCIS LA!!
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 2w
Jamie J Jackson
Jamie J Jackson Need a break from Monday's and tuesdays they have burnt out criminal minds. Should replace with a different show in its place or do all day movies on one of those days like all day action movies or something anyone else agree??
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 3w · Edited
Allie Dane
Allie Dane But...Sunday’s are my favorite because of NCIS:LA 😡
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 2w
Jessica Bellinger
Jessica Bellinger Booo. I hate it when my shows are not on because of Christmas shows. 👎
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 4w
Eileen Benedict
Eileen Benedict OK, now does the #ION audience, who loves its CRIME shows, seem like an audience who would like corny Christmas love stories ~ FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH, at that??!! Uuuugh!!! #Iwantmycrimeshowsback !! #nothingonTV !
🚔🚑🗡🔨

Samantha Eckstein ION has several other channels they could put these sappy, predictable movies on. There’s a reason people watch this channel & every Christmas season you ruin your schedule. Ugh.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 1d
Jeri Tragord Sulentic
Jeri Tragord Sulentic I hate holiday shows.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 4w
Kessie Love
Kessie Love Definitely NOT watching. Dam and Ion TV was my escape from christmas insanity. Thanks for screwing that up.

Where is my NCIS?? Hallmark has taken Frasier n Cheers from me for these ridiculous movies that is all the fad now...now you too?
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 20h · Edited
Jeri Tragord Sulentic
Jeri Tragord Sulentic Sappy, boring, predictable. Same crap on 12 other channels. I hate holiday movies. Thought ion was better than that.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 1w
David L. Smith
David L. Smith I am happy they are returning. They're silly and cheesy and sometimes not that great, but some of them can make you feel all warm and fuzzy and can get you in the Christmas spirit.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:13am
What pisses me off?

1. Work.
2. Driving to work.
3. Body aching from work.
4. Driving home from work.
5. Trying to relax at home but instead bitching about work.
6. Trying to fall asleep while still pissed off about work.
7. Waking up on a work day.
8. Getting up from my soft and warm bed or sofa to get ready to go to work.
9. Work.
10. Did I mention work?
11. Yeah... work.

Ouch
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:47am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Well, well, well.  Got a credit card bill today from Montgomery Ward for $275.  I have to say it was (is)  a really slick phishing scam.  It came with a return envelope and the usual pamphlets that are in regular cc bills.  But there was absolutely no contact info for inquiries, card services, etc (like with real cc's), just a number for you to call to arrange for different ways of payment (debit/cc/checking account #'s)
  Now, it may be "legit" (as in identity theft using my name and address), but as MW went out of business over 35 years ago (as confirmed by my neighbor who used to work for them way back then), I'm not responding to it in any way (not even going to their website to look),  so I'll just wait & see what develops.  Eh, maybe I'll check my real cc to make sure my cc wasn't compromised, then run the "bill" over to the local cops to see what they make of it...
I just want to slap these scamming bastards...  Angry
First things first: Hate to be the bearer of 'Late Breaking News', but Monkey Wards is far from out of business - never forget we live in 'The Land of the Free and the Home of the Bankrupt', but you may still have a scammer - I don't know. Check your credit score via Credit Karma and dispute anything online through them (it is free and easy and they get fast results). 

https://www.wards.com/?source=c001&code=Brand-Exact&medium=inhaus&link=montgomery%20ward&cm_mmc=google-_-Brand-MW-s_-Brand-Exact-_-montgomery%20ward&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhKDu87mH3wIViFuGCh3cQw3XEAAYASAAEgL8B_D_BwE 

If it is a scam, one good thing you can do is get it to your local sheriff or police. At least they can warnings out to the general public - especially senior citizens through meetings or media. 
I've done my share of chasing bastard cockroaches like this with little success. Nowadays I know them when they call, when they beg, or when they mail stuff. So many of these jerks were raised with no morals, scruples, or values...or are from foreign lands where English is the second language and the first doesn't have words or meanings for those important personal foundations. Ever notice most of these little criminals are from the last few generations? Kind of makes a person feel a bit responsible - take action.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

What pisses me off?

1. Work.
2. Driving to work.
3. Body aching from work.
4. Driving home from work.
5. Trying to relax at home but instead bitching about work.
6. Trying to fall asleep while still pissed off about work.
7. Waking up on a work day.
8. Getting up from my soft and warm bed or sofa to get ready to go to work.
9. Work.
10. Did I mention work?
11. Yeah... work.

Ouch
ShockedPlease don't tell me this is all making you a little crazy & suicidal and you've been finding relief in the gun section of Cabela's, sizing up rapid fire automatic weapons! Leave your family and the migrant community alone, 3J! 'Value diversity', I say!
Or
Read what you wrote and remove the word 'work'.
Imagine yourself THERE and then remember having a job is not just a responsibility, it's a privilege. Then pat yourself on that poor old back of yours and remind yourself how very good you are at it - you MUST be given you still have a job.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:35am
Yeah, I went to the cops today & filled out a report, got a nice Identity Theft booklet, and now have to write lots of letters.  And yes, figured out MW is still around (that won't save them from my letters LOL   )  I've got an idea where the data breach occurred, but have to get the info about the fraudulant transaction first, then sic the cops & Feds on it if (when) my suspicions are confirmed.
Yes, scammers, you can go rip people off just as easy as going around and kicking dogs, but eventually you'll make the mistake of kicking John Wick's dog...  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:49pm
Well. gather your evidence before tossing it to the Feds - believe me, they set aside so much simply because the problem is already overwhelming and they do not have anywhere near the inspired resources to go kick ass as there are little criminals out there - but they will if enough rock-solid evidence is placed in front of them.
In the case of phone scammers, I've turned that into my own personal mental playground, especially when I recognize offshore accents - I just become one of them back on the line, all the way to the accent - and converse with them. It can be SO MUCH FUN screwing with someone's brains, leading them to the point of getting them really upset by asking if their sister is available. It is unbelievable how some people implode on the phone. You end up knowing they have might just decide this phone stuff just isn't worth it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:32pm
I've been trying some new methods to mess with telemarketers too.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:21pm
LOL VERY similar to precisely what I do, although some of the responses I get are more in the line of, "SHADDUP!!! YOU A MUTHERFU*&%R!!!! SHADDUP!!! SHADDUP!!!!", in some foreign accent... 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:33am
Quote In the case of phone scammers, I've turned that into my own personal mental playground, especially when I recognize offshore accents - I just become one of them back on the line, all the way to the accent - and converse with them. It can be SO MUCH FUN screwing with someone's brains,(...)

One I would suggest is to pretend to be the supervisor of the phone cubical farm and tell the scammer "This is Sanjay (or other common name of the accent) in the office.  Please to gather your things and leave.  You are fired.  Have a nice day!"   LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:34pm
My left hip is so f*cked up I can barely walk. I'm a home owner.  How am I going to get my work done?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:03pm
Gotta love the city and county we live in! Property taxes?  Angry

"Merry f*cking Christmas...You owe us $3800!"
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 6:00am
grrr! Angry  The hard drive on my old computer died, taking with it thousands of family document scans, downloads I can't begin to remember, and all my photoediting work, plus games, etc.  I can attempt a $300-600+ drive recovery, but the money isn't there (and no guarantee of success.)
The fam docs were backed up on floppy disks, but the newer software doesn't like the older jpg files, so I'm rescanning it all again on a new scanner ($200 for that, so it's a Christmas gift to myself.)  Won't take too long once I get rolling with the routine, and the new scanner can do slides (the older one was supposed to, but couldn't get it to work, moot point now that the computer that used it is kaput.)  Today I did old photos going back to the 1850's.  Many didn't have names to go with them, but some with the photographer's names and tax stamps on the back can narrow things down...  Thumbs Up
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

grrr! Angry  The hard drive on my old computer died, taking with it thousands of family document scans, downloads I can't begin to remember, and all my photoediting work, plus games, etc.  I can attempt a $300-600+ drive recovery, but the money isn't there (and no guarantee of success.)
The fam docs were backed up on floppy disks, but the newer software doesn't like the older jpg files, so I'm rescanning it all again on a new scanner ($200 for that, so it's a Christmas gift to myself.)  Won't take too long once I get rolling with the routine, and the new scanner can do slides (the older one was supposed to, but couldn't get it to work, moot point now that the computer that used it is kaput.)  Today I did old photos going back to the 1850's.  Many didn't have names to go with them, but some with the photographer's names and tax stamps on the back can narrow things down...  Thumbs Up

Had a similar thing happen about 7-8 years ago and by shopping around, I found a shop willing to try for $50 - got MOST things back. Of course you want to talk to the resident expert to get a gut feel for trust.
Maybe I was lucky, I don't know - but I DO know I keep a lot more on multiple computers and devices, these days.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:41am
The hard drive crashed because the motor burned out.  I bought a similar drive, tried switching the disks & motor, even took it to a computer place, but it wouldn't boot up because it said no OS was  found.  I know the stuff is still on it, just need to round up the cash or trick the NSA into recovering it for me...  Wink
  At least the scanning is moving along.  The new scanner is faster, ran it for 10 hours today.  Pretty much decided to redo it all in the new format.  With CD's & flashdrives, memory isn't  a problem anymore, so scanning at 600dpi (it can go even higher if I need it.)  The earliest doc I scanned so far is a property sale deed from 1837.  Not going to handle it again if I can help it, the paper is pretty fragile...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:14pm
I'm sure you went into the Microcode and pointed to your old drive as main boot and that it should very well have bootstrap code in place, so it can even start to boot up?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 6:24pm
The calls from Credit Card Services are a daily thing.  Unless I'm feeling really ornery, I don't even answer the call.  This new thing, within the past couple of years, health insurance hotlines!

I've been wanting to play with these people, as far as I know, NO health insurance companies make cold calls.

First of all! They put me on hold with some annoying and LOUD hold music!  REALLY?

Then, the guy asked me...Do you already have Insurance?  YES!

Are you looking for an individual or family plan?

There are two of us, I said.

He says...What made you want to request a quote?

Aaaah, I didn't request anything, you called me!

I just wanna kick some ass when these people call me.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 6:15pm
This Holiday movie sh!t on ION TV is relentless...

I think they screwed up, this woman belongs on the Halloween special!!!  Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 5:46pm
Now that their stupid holiday movies are over, you might expect a return to normal programming.

But,  NO!!!

Nothing but program length infomercials!  I was warned by facebook after I made a comment about the shows they run...Something about gay fags in charge of programming.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 6:16pm
Looks like another freaking repeat on Escape, I'll see what's on ION.

3 calls today already! I didn't get to the phone fast enough the first one.  Double goddammit on me!

The second was a call from BCBS.  How can these mother f*ckers violate the national 'do not call' list?

The third was for or about hip and knee braces.  I doubt they can help me with my problem.

I'm going to start asking these idiots more personal questions.

"When you are out with your friends, do you brag about being a telemarketer?"

For the olive skinned idiots from Credit Card Services..."Have you heard of Mohamed Atta?"

I'm going to fly a jet into your Mama's house!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:19pm
As much as I hate these a-holes who call me every day, sometimes I get a good laugh, like today.  I don't usually pick up when I'm driving. I'm already out of town, not much traffic and I want to tell these f*ckers off! The young lady was very polite and asked for my name. It was difficult to notice any speech pattern that might ID her race or location.  I asked her...What gives you the right to violate the national do not call list?  Then, this southern black woman suddenly takes over the call.  "Well, with the government shut down, nobody's gonna give a sh*t!" LOL  The wife thought this was pretty funny too.  I didn't get a chance to ask her (or anyone who dares to call me). Do you brag to your friends about your job as a telemarketer?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
The barely-not-bankrupt company that goes by the name of Sears.
My folks have been die-hard Sears fans...until their new stove lasted 4 months (my Dad didn't last that long) which has left me ripping their 'Extended Warranty' folks new butt holes over their lemon-law adherence. Only been about 8 or 9 calls, but now we get a new stove tomorrow.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
Every 6 months Allstate sends this big pack of paper, probably 25 to 30 pages, explaining these subtle changes (that they make without our consent) changes to our home and auto policies.  Grrr!  I guess if I have trouble falling asleep later on this might be some good reading material. Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:16pm
Besides the 3 freaking phone scammers that have called me today...AngryAngry
The dog was telling me she wanted to go out, I DO MY PART! I promised her last night, (Mama) 5 hours of un-interrupted sleep in the small hours of the morning.

Just now, I thought she should take her out. The f*cking neighbor across the street has his Jack Russel Terrier running free!  The f*cking dog attacks our timid little female dog who- by the way- is on a leash!  WTF!!!AngryAngryAngry  I wanted to go out there, Mama yelled at me and told me to stay inside.  F*cking neighbors, most of them just suck!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 125>
  Share Topic