Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by SweaterRock SweaterRock wrote:

I cannot deal with unnecessarily loud yawns. I don't know why, but it REALLY gets my blood boiling, especially at work, because I work in a community workspace.

You're tired. We're all tired. No need to draw attention to yourself about it.
LOLWink (keep in mind I AM KIDDING) I get pissed at people like you who get pissed at me for me helping my brain get more oxygen (by yawning, and sometimes - I can't help it as I claim I've a breathing disorder) so I can listen to your lame presentation or sales pitch...but don't worry - you may already work for me and as long as you DO and I don't need to listen to your past boring and meaningless accomplishments, then you will not get pissed during the hiring interview with me for yawning or napping...and, please - no stains. Stains really jerk my chain!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:57am
Quote SweaterRock wrote:

I cannot deal with unnecessarily loud yawns.

At least people don't scream when they yawn, so count your blessings...   Sleepy
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Ultimately! I went to f**king McDonalds this morning to get a sandwich for later.  This guy with a high school voice tells me..."We're not serving lunch."   Why not?  I say.  "We are short on staff."

You think that's bad-- a long time ago, me and my brother went to the Shell gas station at the top right corner of the intersection of U.S. 25/S.C. 418/S.C. 8 (25 goes straight, 418 to the right, and 8 to the left). We went in there around 9 A.M. to get some kind of biscuit (that's what I think it was; I may be incorrect), only to have the lady behind the counter say, "We're serving lunch right now." Lunch, at 9 A.M.?! Last I recall, lunch was not supposed to start being served anywhere until around 11. I cannot believe that breakfast at that Shell station would end a full two hours before the lunch time was supposed to start. 

Then along came QT, and I have never looked back-- first time I ever tried one of those was coming back from visiting my brother, my sister-in-law, my nephew and niece just outside metro Atlanta. I forget what number the exit was from I-85, or the places named on that exit, but when I got lunch there (I also forget what I ate), the service was superb, they made it just how I wanted it, and the lunch tasted great. I thought, sold! Whenever I can go to a QT, I'm going to take full advantage of it. 

Have you ever tried QT?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by bmasters9 bmasters9 wrote:

Ultimately! I went to f**king McDonalds this morning to get a sandwich for later.  This guy with a high school voice tells me..."We're not serving lunch."   Why not?  I say.  "We are short on staff."

You think that's bad-- a long time ago, me and my brother went to the Shell gas station at the top right corner of the intersection of U.S. 25/S.C. 418/S.C. 8 (25 goes straight, 418 to the right, and 8 to the left). We went in there around 9 A.M. to get some kind of biscuit (that's what I think it was; I may be incorrect), only to have the lady behind the counter say, "We're serving lunch right now." Lunch, at 9 A.M.?! Last I recall, lunch was not supposed to start being served anywhere until around 11. I cannot believe that breakfast at that Shell station would end a full two hours before the lunch time was supposed to start. 

Then along came QT, and I have never looked back-- first time I ever tried one of those was coming back from visiting my brother, my sister-in-law, my nephew and niece just outside metro Atlanta. I forget what number the exit was from I-85, or the places named on that exit, but when I got lunch there (I also forget what I ate), the service was superb, they made it just how I wanted it, and the lunch tasted great. I thought, sold! Whenever I can go to a QT, I'm going to take full advantage of it. 

Have you ever tried QT?
I would have to know what 'QT' is to answer that question.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Have you ever tried QT?

QT: QuikTrip
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:58pm

Have you ever tried QT?

ConfusedAgreed - never heard of 'QT'...and I drive a lot, but mostly up and down the Eastern Seaboard, these days...so I HAD to make some sense of 'QT' and found this site, which SOUNDS right. If this is the chain, please let us know.
https://www.quiktrip.com/
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:54am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Have you ever tried QT?

ConfusedAgreed - never heard of 'QT'...and I drive a lot, but mostly up and down the Eastern Seaboard, these days...so I HAD to make some sense of 'QT' and found this site, which SOUNDS right. If this is the chain, please let us know.
https://www.quiktrip.com/

That's it-- right on the money!
SweaterRock View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweaterRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote SweaterRock wrote:

At least people don't scream when they yawn, so count your blessings...   Sleepy

I guess I wasn't specific enough. The yawns I can't stand are the ones with the unnecessarily loud, drawn-out sighs in them. Some are close to screams.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:29pm

Quote SweaterRock wrote:

I guess I wasn't specific enough. The yawns I can't stand are the ones with the unnecessarily loud, drawn-out sighs in them. Some are close to screams.
Big smileI yodel when I yawn, in a Swiss Alps kind-of-way - do yodelywaners bother you too, or do we get a pass? Believe me, in the Alps, we need every pass we can get.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:32pm
What pisses me off?  Going to Walmart!  Just to add insult to injury. I needed a few things...

Oil and filters for both vehicles. Done!

A new pair of house slippers (moccasins). They showed the size as 9-10, I wear a 9 1/2 shoe.  They are a little loose but they might be OK. They are warmer than my old, worn out pair.

I'm going to need a new leaf blower, I saw an ad on TV from Menards for a gas leaf blower for about $70.
Walmart had only 2 blowers on display, the Christmas stuff is taking over that part of the store.

$148 for a f*cking Snapper gas blower! Angry  Shut the front door!  I'll wait!

I always eat the same thing for breakfast, I'm sick and tired of bacon, eggs and toast.  They (walmart) used to carry sausage gravy in a boil in bag.  Tennesee Pride, I believe.  Nope!  I should have just checked out before I got to the frozen breakfast section.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:39pm
Once upon a time a long time ago, I had to wear the 'Stupid Stamp' because I bought a lovely pair of warm, emerald green slippers for the Missus to trot around the house. I bought them as quick as I saw them and saw they were her size! They were also the size of the back of my head as they were both for the left foot...yea, I took them back.
SweaterRock View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweaterRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Quote SweaterRock wrote:

Big smileI yodel when I yawn, in a Swiss Alps kind-of-way - do yodelywaners bother you too, or do we get a pass? Believe me, in the Alps, we need every pass we can get.

Haha. Well, your yawn/yodels just sound amusing! Amusing gets a pass.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:34pm
Something is up with this freaking computer or my connection! AngryAngryAngryAngry

It won't complete just about any search I try to do! 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:59pm

Something is up with this freaking computer or my connection! AngryAngryAngryAngry

It won't complete just about any search I try to do! 
1.) Try clearing your browsing history (under tools/safety tab)
2.) Go to start bar - ALL PROGRAMS/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-Up
kick that off - it will take a few moments, then will offer groups of files to get rid of (I get rid of all choices)

That may help you

no idea of what release of windows you are running, but under the SYSTEM TOOLS tab is another option called DISK DEFRAG which is really good but may take a while - let it run and go to dinner or something - be sure and reboot once it completes
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:15pm
Thanks, PaW.  I tried to do the whole disk scan thing, it ran for hours then locked up.  Everything is working alright at the moment.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:17pm
Right...disk scans/virus scans can lock up...what I am suggesting are two different tools most people never play with.

Disk cleanup may take 5 minutes at worst before prompting for the user to select what files to erase - and once choices made (I choose all), maybe another few minutes at worst.

Disk De-fragmentation can take a nice hour, especially older releases of Windows and file depending upon file system used. The object is to ensure files are contiguous and not fragmented into a primary and any number of secondary allocations, which leads to poor performance through access times and also slit-up free areas for any new files that you may need as you download anything. It first analyzes and provides you a projection of how things will look should you allow it to continue. If you do continue, make sure you are offline and wander away from the PC for half a day ("what WILL we do???" many ask). DO NOT interrupt this process once it starts, at all costs - especially if you see it writing data. It will stop when it is complete and the results can lead to some radical performance differences (especially with older file systems). At that point, personally, I like restarting my machine. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:16pm
It's kinda funny to me that the Republican party has now sent me 2 applications for an absentee voter registration.  Don't you know?  I'm going to vote against the GOP?  You f*cking idiots!

The fight with Sprint continues...They seem to get some sort of joy out of causing problems for customers who wish to transfer their number to a different provider.  I told Mama. Let me talk to them.  She knows that that will just satisfy my need to yell at someone.  Angry  I'll wait patiently until the next credit card scammer or health insurance company calls.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:34pm
You should put your number on the National Do Not Call Registry and then (for FREE) sign up on NOMOROBO.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:53pm
I've been on the national "Do Not Call List' forever!  It really pisses me off that these scammers have reached into the healthcare industry!  I'm going to inform these healthcare providers thet these a-holes are selling policies without their approveal
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:31pm
 Disapprove...,more of the same...
Mail scams.
Today my mother receives a 'winning ticket' check for $4,600 from a bank in Canada that has a branch in Brooklyn, but the home of the bank is in the Bahamas.
Time to worry, but at least she brought it to me.
Once again I read the comments of victim after victim...so  I posted the following (you would know it is me). This scam has been ongoing for at least five years.
~~~

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2013/08/checking-foreign-lotteries-and-sweepstakes#comment-653624

~~~

Here it is 2018 and this very same scam continues - we have to watch out for each other. 
Education is the best action for all to take and pass along - protect each other, because nobody will be getting arrested - trust this to be true. Let's especially watch out for our elderly ones or isolated individuals, as they are often viewed as 'Low Hanging Fruit' in the eyes of the the perpetrators who may very well not be U.S. citizens (note the postmarks on the envelopes will often not be U.S.). Prosecution would require the involvement of multiple countries. Unfortunately, this isn't viewed as important as stealing and selling children into foreign lands. 
Pass the message and thought along - anyone receiving this sort of 'bait' should check with police if they do not have the ability to use the Internet to search for SCAMS and also pass this sort of thing along to active community groups and local social services.
~~~

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:19pm
Ahab the Arab has called me 3 times today! Damn these people!  Another call just yesterday from someone selling health insurance.

Credit Card Services is the biggest offender. By the time the 3rd call came in I was plotting some clever and insulting comments.

Are you the poll taker?
Are you a camel jockey?
Do you worship cows?
Do you eat red meat?
You want my meat, right?
Do you wear your towel indoors?

With Mama laughing in the background and I'm getting frustrated and angry...

What is with you f*cking people?  I'm just an old man here in Wisconsin minding my own business.  Sitting here in my 1/4 million dollar home with a $25,000 limit on my Platinum card.  Which one do you want, you f*cking idiot?  The one with the lowest balance or the highest limit? Angry

If he calls back, and he said he would.  I have this cued up to play for him!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:12am
What I've started doing lately is to pick up the phone & listen for someone to start talking (why should I say 'hello' when they are the ones that called me? LOL) then I yell "Wake up!" or say (in what I hope sounds like a prerecorded 'voice') "Your call could not be completed" before hanging up.  I really want to be rude, but it's too tiresome Sleepy anymore and usually just hang up without saying anything...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm
I just wanted to take a moment to cuss out Ion TV for their holiday programming on Sundays. Angry
Screw you! Ion TV!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:41pm
Another call from Credit Card Services, they spoof a local number from this exchange. I use the old land line number on my cell phone. I had a new plan! I answer questions like...
Discover, Visa or Mastercard?
Account balance?

This f*cker must not have a life, and he gets paid to rip off and harass the people who don't fall for his BS!

I was going to answer every question truthfully, until he got to the specific questions like...

He knows my name!  Any fool can find it if they try, I paid AT&T 6 or 7 bucks a month for a non-published number.  SCREW YOU AT&T!  I was going to say, when he asked for account numbers, my personal information, SSN, address.

I don't feel comfortable giving you this information.  Just trying to waste as much of his time as I can!

NOW!  And this one has me a little bothered!

I have gotten calls from Microsoft before, I just tell them to f*ck off!  Today!  I get a recorded message from my own number, ever heard of 'Swatting'? A person from Microsoft says that my IP address has been compromised by a foreign entity and will be shut down if I don't call them.

What bothers me is that our f*cking government can do nothing to stop these scammers!

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:45pm
"I get a recorded message from my own number". Are you saying your phone called itself? Mine did the same thing a few days ago. No message but it was listed in incoming calls. A lady at the AT&T store did not think it was possible.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 125>
  Share Topic