Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:44am
Quote aka ron wrote:

I pulled my truck outside a little while ago and I caught somebody parked in front of our house stealing our wifi signal.

Next time call the cops on'em, report it as a "suspicious vehicle.'  If there are kids playing outside, maybe mention that, too...  Big smile  (No need to mention the wifi... Wink ) 
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I pulled my truck outside a little while ago and I caught somebody parked in front of our house stealing our wifi signal. Once I'm outside I closed the door and I usually stop and throw wood from the back of the truck towards the front. I want more of the weight on the fronts tires and I have a portable ping pong table right beside where my truck is parked. We can reach only the part of the truck bed next to the cab.

Why not put a little sign near where they park that says "WE POST PICTURES OF YOU AND YOUR LICENSE PLATE PARKED HERE"?
Little black sign with bright yellow letters.
Then again, maybe they're just parked in front of your house smoking crack - you live in a quiet neighborhood, right?Wink

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:27pm
It is a 'no crack' zone. Wink

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:48am
Pet peeve double-whammy just now...I was driving this evening and my truck's windshield was  struck by pebbles kicked up by cars driving ahead of me...not once, but twice within the space of two hours.  Will have to look in the morning to see if either or both rocks actually cracked the windshield...damn!! AngryAngryAngryAngry
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:36pm
^  I hate to do this to my friend on the cape of cod. I/we dropped collision. A deer ripped the left front corner off of my wife's Edge.

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 2:35am
^ShockedShocked  oh that's awful, aka!  I hope that everyone is ok (humans, that is - deer, probably not ok) and that the damage to the vehicle was not too bad. This is the time of year where the deer seem to be running out of the woods randomly, too...you have to be watching every minute and even so, sometimes you just can't avoid every one.  I'm sorry that happened.  Ouch  
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:39am
Who gives lottery tickets as Christmas gifts? "Wow, what a great friend! He/she gave me a worthless piece of cardboard" Confused  Shanks!

I believe, much like what happened to tobacco many years ago, these commercials should be banned!
Along with all drug and attorney, (^ not family law), Wink commercials.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:16pm
I got another call from this freaking travel agency, a clear violation of the 'Do Not Call List'.

He asked for my name, I give him that and then I asked why he was calling and breaking the law.

He said, "I listened to you, now you listen to me!"  I gave you my name you f**king idiot, NO!  I'm not going to listen to you. f**k YOU!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:00pm

I got another call from this freaking travel agency, a clear violation of the 'Do Not Call List'.

He asked for my name, I give him that and then I asked why he was calling and breaking the law.

He said, "I listened to you, now you listen to me!"  I gave you my name you f**king idiot, NO!  I'm not going to listen to you. f**k YOU!!

Whenever I've gotten calls like that, I listen for 5 seconds and then say "Not interested, but thanks anyway", and hang up.  No negotiation, no argument.  It's not worth getting riled up about.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:43pm
I don't even give them the respect of speaking to them period.

As soon as they start to talk and I realize what kind of call it is, I just hang p without saying a word.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't even give them the respect of speaking to them period.

As soon as they start to talk and I realize what kind of call it is, I just hang p without saying a word.

Often, there's a several-second delay before the person gets on the line.  In those cases, as soon as I realize this is happening, I just hang up.

Here, as the landline is ringing, a "voice" lets us know who's calling.  Also, a readout of the caller's name/number pops up on the TV.  If I'm not expecting or don't want that call, I just don't answer. 

Phone etiquette sure has changed over the last few decades.  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:52am
I got another call last night, they can make a local number appear on my caller ID. Angry

I had to go to Walmart before my truck is full of wood. I'm getting firewood this afternoon. I needed oil and a filter for the wife's Edge. There were only a couple of people in there. Stopped at the grocery store too.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 4:09pm
Guess what's coming to our state?

SNOW! 3 to 6 inches!

!

I don't want to shovel white stuff! Gnnnnaaaaah!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 4:59pm
Back when I had a landline, nothing could beat the satisfaction of slamming the handset (receiver) viciously onto the cradle when some unwanted telemarketer was on the other end. Big smile

Just doesn't work with cellular telephone handsets. All you can realistlically do now is to tell the caller to go fuck themselves and then press the END key. Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:26pm
^LOL  True dat!

Expecting 1-3 inches of the white stuff here beginning about 4pm.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

Back when I had a landline, nothing could beat the satisfaction of slamming the handset (receiver) viciously onto the cradle when some unwanted telemarketer was on the other end. Big smile

Just doesn't work with cellular telephone handsets. All you can realistlically do now is to tell the caller to go fuck themselves and then press the END key. Confused

BELCH!
I approve this message.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:53pm
FART!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:11pm
Tom Mabe, is the best!  LOL  Another call this morning from the people that God sent to fix my fat credit card balances. The recorded voice says a 'poll taker' will be on the line soon...I can't resist when the 'real person' is on the line to ask if he/she is the pole taker. LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:21pm
Might have to get a new car.  Been having problems with my starter fuse.  It keeps blowing, mainly when I go to start up on cold mornings.  This happened once around 2010, and then again in 2016.  I replaced the fuse both times, and didn't have any further problems till last weekend, when I had to replace it 3 times.

Anyway, I took it into a repair shop.  They're kinda baffled, but their best bet was the starter itself.  So, they replaced it.  Cost $600.  If it continues to happen, it's something that would cost too much to investigate/repair.  I don't wanna be forever having to replace fuses, always hoping that the replacement won't blow, too.  I need to have a vehicle I can trust.

This whole thing pisses me off.  The car's perfectly good, otherwise.  15 years old, 85,000 miles.  Runs great, looks great (even the mechanics were impressed), never any major problems.  And to have to junk it over a fuse issue that the mechanics aren't even sure is fixable---Angry.

Anyway, here's hoping that the new starter will do the trick.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:34pm
I wouldn't give up, I know you have a Mopar convertable. There is bound to be a forum about your year and model that discusses frequent problems.  My truck is 11 years old with only 64,000 miles. I intend to make it last many more years.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:39pm
I looked it up.  Others have had this problem, but the solutions are all over the map.  Starter, fuel pump, wiring, ignition.  To have a mechanic investigate/repair all these in a process of elimination, would be too costly.  The car's not worth that much at this point.

The mechanic also looked it up on the 'net, in some database in which mechanics discuss problems/solutions.  The consensus is that it's "most likely" the starter, but it could be those other things.

I'm not crazy about spending $600 on "most likely".  If it fixes the problem, though, I'll change my tune.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I looked it up.  Others have had this problem, but the solutions are all over the map.  Starter, fuel pump, wiring, ignition.  To have a mechanic investigate/repair all these in a process of elimination, would be too costly.  The car's not worth that much at this point.

The mechanic also looked it up on the 'net, in some database in which mechanics discuss problems/solutions.  The consensus is that it's "most likely" the starter, but it could be those other things.

I'm not crazy about spending $600 on "most likely".  If it fixes the problem, though, I'll change my tune.

Just don't go with a cheap (relatively speaking) Japanese or Chinese made aftermarket starter from a chain auto parts store.

Chances are you'll be replacing it again before long.

Spend the extra dough and get a factory approved OEM part.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 12:10am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

BELCH!

FART!

I've done both....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Just don't go with a cheap (relatively speaking) Japanese or Chinese made aftermarket starter from a chain auto parts store.

Chances are you'll be replacing it again before long.

Spend the extra dough and get a factory approved OEM part.

I already got the starter installed.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Went to work about 7:15 today.  Temp was 30 degrees.  Car started, no problem.  So, I'm guardedly optimistic.  We'll see when the temps are 10 or 15 degrees.

Anyway, I'm not gonna think about it for the rest of the weekend.  For the rest of the weekend, it's food, TV, radio and naps.  I'll start with the Chinese food I picked up at the supermarket.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 125>
  Share Topic