Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 125>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 3:02pm

Yeah, the latest was a news segment this AM. Household hacks. I think I'm supposed to throw some aluminum foil into the laundry or the dryer or the dishwasher or something for one reason or another.

And yeah, those clickbait articles. I'm a sucker for the historical pics. I think the last was "Hygiene of the Old West", and the bait pic was of some 1800s floozy playing pool with the back of her clothing split open to allow her to take a dump wherever and whenever. I think that's what it was. Never got that far. πŸ€ͺ

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 2:26pm
You see those stupid "life hacks" videos on social media a lot.

IDK about Twitter or Instagram, but Facebook's News Feed has them constantly.

First of all, most of the "hacks" are just bullsh*t and waste more time and effort than they save.

Worse yet is the hideous "music" they're always set to. Some kind of Japanese techno-pop crap or something.

There's this other phenomenon that has cropped up, which are videos where people, usually a young woman with voices of other people off camera, start out by claiming they found a cool trick to solve some issue via some super easy and highly improbable means.

Often involving the use of duct tape. πŸ™„

Then they proceed to fiddle-fart around, dragging it out as long as possible while just totally wasting tons of whatever material they're using, and gabbing endlessly on and on about what they're going to do next, without actually doing it, etc., etc.

Basically they are the video version of those click-bait "slideshow" articles where you have to keep clicking the arrow to take you to the next picture/page while they digress about a lot of side sh*t and drag it out forever.

If the internet and social media has done anything, it has shown us how screwed up people are becoming.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:25am

I wouldn't say it really pisses me off, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing the word "hack", as in trick, shortcut, tip.

I guess it'll last a few years and then go away.

I was surprised the other day to hear "nothingburger". I thought that left a few years ago.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:47pm
One of my cats a few days ago got very excited while on my lap, and scratched my leg with his claws. It's getting healed up, but both have done that a few times.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:45pm
I call my two cats Little Monsters.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 4:57pm

LOL, I can picture it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 4:50pm
My sister and her now deceased husband gave Cowcat her name because her coloring looks like that of a cow.

Now, she's gotten so fat, she's come full bovine circle.

I've been calling her Cannonball lately because when I'm in my chair and she comes barrelling out of nowhere, launching herself up onto me to use my upper body as a shortcut to her favorite snoozing spot, it's like getting hit with a furry, 20 lb. cannonball.

I assume, anyway.

Just about knocks the breath out of me.

And of course, the claws are usually out just to make sure she gets a good grip.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 4:33pm

Well, it looks like Cowcat adjusted...to you and to Brownie. Glad to see it.

Minutes ago, Rocco jumped up onto the coach next to me and snuggled up against my leg. All is forgiven. I still might deny him treats as he's overweight. Then again, who am I to judge?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:44pm
Two.

Brownie and Cowcat.

Cowcat was my sister's cat.

Did a 400+ mile round trip to go retrieve her from my sister's in laws up in Trenton.

That's the one in Florida, btw.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:30pm

How many do you have at this point?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:25pm
I call mine that too, on occasion.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:23pm

I should call mine Sh*thead.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:22pm
I call my cats knuckleheads.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm not talking to my cat Rocco. Nor am I giving him treats, petting him or otherwise giving him any attention.

On the way out the door Wednesday morning, I went to kiss him and say sweet nothings to him while he sat in his cat tower, and he suddenly took a swipe at me, cutting my nose and upper lip. The bloodshed was surprisingly copious (partially due to my aspirin regimen causing my blood to thin). Anyway, it took a while for it slow down enough for me to leave the house.

I'm not trying to punish him. I just want to see if he might show a different attitude. If he comes up to me and bumps head or lays on my chest or snuggles up next to me, I'll be happy.

I'm not holding my breath.

What in the hell did you say to him?LOL

Goodbye my baby little Sweetums my little Rocco (kiss, kiss, kiss) I'll miss you I'll see you later mwa mwa mwa my baby baby baby my little Rocco.

Of course. πŸ˜„

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm not talking to my cat Rocco. Nor am I giving him treats, petting him or otherwise giving him any attention.

On the way out the door Wednesday morning, I went to kiss him and say sweet nothings to him while he sat in his cat tower, and he suddenly took a swipe at me, cutting my nose and upper lip. The bloodshed was surprisingly copious (partially due to my aspirin regimen causing my blood to thin). Anyway, it took a while for it slow down enough for me to leave the house.

I'm not trying to punish him. I just want to see if he might show a different attitude. If he comes up to me and bumps head or lays on my chest or snuggles up next to me, I'll be happy.

What in the hell did you say to him?LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 10:22am

LOL!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 12:36am
You're lucky he didn't kick your ass like this guy would've....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:28pm

There's too many of those moments. He usually gets my arm, but when he got my face, I was pissed. I didn't yell at him, though. I just decided to try this tactic.

Coincidentally, I was looking at an article later that day---Things Cats Hate. The first one was "being ignored".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:10pm
You must've caught him at the wrong moment.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:00pm

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Drove my wheelchair out to my garage when it suddenly stopped working and started burning. The mechanic revealed that a cable came loose and caused the battery to fry, which in turn caused the buring. I will eventually get a new power chair. My current chair will hopefully be fixed sometime this week.

I'm sorry about your chair, but I am glad you are o.k.
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 8:04pm
Drove my wheelchair out to my garage when it suddenly stopped working and started burning. The mechanic revealed that a cable came loose and caused the battery to fry, which in turn caused the buring. I will eventually get a new power chair. My current chair will hopefully be fixed sometime this week.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 1:56am
My father used to go to the chain 10-minute oil change stores like Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Since my older brother works at a Toyota Dealership, much of the service has been done right there.

I prefer repair to be done at local shops where the mechanics are ASE-certified.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 11:13am

I try to farm out as much of that kind of stuff as I can these days. I don't even wash my own car. With limited time left in my day (and life, for that matter), I want to spend less of it on chores and tasks.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 1:09am
I've used them before a few times long ago and never had any issues, though once I asked one of their "techs" about changing the oil in the differential and he didn't even know what I was talking about.

I told him that big round thing in the middle of the rear axle and he said "You mean the punkin'?"

Another time, one of them called it "the gear box".

No, I told him, the gear box is inside the car where the stick shifter is.

It wasn't long after that I decided to stay away from those places.

I usually changed my own oil and filter anyway.

I'd only go to them when I had a coupon that made it as cheap as doing it myself.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 125>
  Share Topic