Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diet Dr. Pepper Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diet Dr. Pepper Commercial
    Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:20am
I seriously don't understand this commercial. It perplexes me to no end. Who the hell is "Michelle Phan" and why should I care about her? Furthermore, what does making "beauty videos" for YouTube have to do with drinking Diet Dr. Pepper?  I am so confused.....

I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:23am

I just did a search on Youtube for "beauty videos", and discovered that, no, Michelle Phan is not "one of a kind".

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:25am
Ughh, and the "oh oh oh oh" music BS continues.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:31am
Well...I'll take a stab at this one.
She drinks a 12-ounce Diet Dr. Pepper, which helps her keep her weight down, unlike me, who drinks regular 1 litre Pepsi which doesn't help me keep my weight down.
She can set the can down and teach selfie make-up for all to see. I can set my bottle down and do the belch/fart mambo combo, for all to see and hear, then attempt to re-group.
Maybe if I drank Diet Dr. Pepper, I'd have a litte moe spring in my step and might could make a selfie or two, but that doesn't mean I'd let her do my makeup, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 8:12pm
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 12:36am
My big problem with diet commercials is they haven't figured out how to properly advertise or distinguish them from the regular products yet.

Notable is the Dr Pepper 10 commercials with the wilderness macho man theme - wouldn't that go betteer with the original product?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

My big problem with diet commercials is they haven't figured out how to properly advertise or distinguish them from the regular products yet.

Notable is the Dr Pepper 10 commercials with the wilderness macho man theme - wouldn't that go betteer with the original product?

No.  The point of those ads was precisely to help brand the lo-calorie stuff as manly.  I remember there was a bit of a thing over that a few years ago.  Some chicks saw it as sexist because the commercial said the product was "not for women".

From 2011:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic