Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:31pm
The big window in the living room is 97 inches wide by 42 inches tall.  Sure, if I didn't have all of these physical problems, I might have just gone to Walmart and made it work. The cellular blind will be one piece, no gaps and it has insulation values as well.  The company is called 'Budget Blinds'. Yeah, right!  The bummer is I may have to wait up to 5 weeks weeks for the install. He blamed that on the damned Covid 19 restrictions. Just over $1400...Having a quality product installed for me...PRICELESS!  Oh! Only $1000 down.  Ouch
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Just over $1400...Having a quality product installed for me...PRICELESS!  Oh! Only $1000 down.  Ouch

Ouch!!!

I'd hang a blanket in the window.... LOL

Or maybe get something like one of these.... https://www.rosegal.com/wall-tapestry-456/

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Just over $1400...Having a quality product installed for me...PRICELESS!  Oh! Only $1000 down.  Ouch

Ouch!!!

I'd hang a blanket in the window.... LOL

Or maybe get something like one of these.... https://www.rosegal.com/wall-tapestry-456/

I did that with a bed spread and posted the pic!  Just in the mean time, which will be a long time.

I have some nice views, good natural sunlight and a need for privacy. And, if I ever have a female visitor, god forbid. I want to look like I have just a little class.

Curtains aren't cool!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 6:10pm
When I see what he charged me for the "cheap Walmart blinds" (my words exactly) in 4 windows. 

Christ!  Do I get some lube with this screwing I'm getting?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 5:49pm
I arrived at Culver's at 9:55. They open at 10:00!  I had to buy gas and some other things before I could go to Oshkosh. The nice short lady took my order!  THEY GAVE ME AN EXTRA PIECE OF FISH!!!

Life is good and I'm going to a bloated toad later today!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 5:58pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:36pm
I like to hang out with Sandy, my new friend from OurTime.  She has been here twice and today I went to her house. She's a sassy southern girl. A little heavy but I find her attractive. She has 2 cats.  I'm not sure but I think they have fleas. 2 little bugs jumped on me in the short time I sat on her couch.

I have had fleas in the house more than once.  I should not be too quick to judge.  It's a chance you take when you have an animal in the house.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:51pm
Oh!  She gave me a bottle of vodka!  And some orange Tic Tacs too!  I eat a lot of Tic Tacs when I can't smoke.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:28pm
Let me tell you about what dating at 61 is like!  IT SUCKS!!

I found this profile humorous...

Hope2findu50
Green Lake, WI | 70

Not a member here. Cannot read messages If you are older than me FORGET IT. Not looking for a Father .or Grandfather. Most people guess me 15 years younger. No beards or bald or gray hair or tattoos.

Damn lady!  Not too picky are you?  Good luck!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:09pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:57pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 7:05pm

^ So that monotone, helium-voiced dweeb puts out a few songs (that one being the "hit"), and he's worth $1.4 million??!

Shoot me now.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 7:29pm
Have a little compassion you grumpy old man!

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:00am
I'm with Thor on this one. What a sh*tty song. Why do people like someone rapping (talking in monotone) over an electronic clap track. What happened to singing, in key without auto-tune? And I guess real musicians playing real instruments is asking too much.

I know there have been some crappy music in the past, but this trend of forcing rap into every genre of known music is sickening and downright lazy! I know there are still some great artists out there, but you sure won't find them on the radio! Sad how times have changed.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

I'm with Thor on this one. What a sh*tty song. Why do people like someone rapping (talking in monotone) over an electronic clap track. What happened to singing, in key without auto-tune? And I guess real musicians playing real instruments is asking too much. 

I know there have been some crappy music in the past, but this trend of forcing rap into every genre of known music is sickening and downright lazy! I know there are still some great artists out there, but you sure won't find them on the radio! Sad how times have changed.

Well, the first thing to consider is, who buys and listens to that crap?

Kids, that's who.

And we all know that kids have crappy, immature taste in everything. Especially the ones of today.

You might as well have asked why they prefer cake, ice cream, candy and soda pop over a hearty, balanced meal.

Because they're dumb kids with crappy, immature tastes. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 4:13pm
Just last night. I was reading an article (from the early 70s), discussing why young people liked this Grand Funk Railroad crap.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 5:22pm
The devils music!

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:36am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

I'm with Thor on this one. What a sh*tty song. Why do people like someone rapping (talking in monotone) over an electronic clap track. What happened to singing, in key without auto-tune? And I guess real musicians playing real instruments is asking too much.

Most music made after 1995 has stunk.

I know many country songs today have rap or use rap beats in them and they're all terrible.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Just last night. I was reading an article (from the early 70s), discussing why young people liked this Grand Funk Railroad crap.

I've been watching these videos lately on YouTube by a young black guy named Jamal. He posts them under the main title "Reaction", because he video tapes his reaction to old, mostly white rock music from the 60's and 70's. 

I've seen some other similar looking videos of black guys critiquing old white rock music, but I haven't watched any of the others. But I think this "young black guy listens old white guy music" has become a YouTube genre.

Anyway, the guy is pretty cool and claims to really love this old rock-n-roll, even to the point of, in one video, (possibly this one) saying that modern rap music is "awful" by comparison. Said it's all just about the beat and has no soul like the old white rock.

And because the old white guys who watch his videos are so happy to see a young black guy dig our old music, they just lavish compliments and praise on him in the comments section.

Anyway, speaking of Grand Funk, ya gotta watch his reaction to this live performance of GFR playing "Inside Looking Out".

Priceless.....

Cool

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:52am

I've watched him, and others doing the reaction videos. Most recently, it was for Ballroom Blitz. He was laughing about the somewhat effeminate intro by the Sweet (you know---"are you ready, Steve...?"). Otherwise, he seemed to like the song.

Oh. And RIP to "Steve". Bassist Steve Priest died recently.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:59am

As far as that particular reaction vid...thanks for that. Coincidentally, that's exactly the GFR vid that caused me the other day to look up the Rolling Stone article that talked about how bad GFR was and why the hell they were so popular.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

As far as that particular reaction vid...thanks for that. Coincidentally, that's exactly the GFR vid that caused me the other day to look up the Rolling Stone article that talked about how bad GFR was and why the hell they were so popular.

They were proud of the sh*t they took from the critics. 

Inside their Greatest Hits album, they had one of those fold out wall posters like the Beatles White Album had. Included on the poster were photos of several newspaper clippings where they were really ripped into by the critics. Along with a couple of articles about the record crowds at their shows and their huge numbers of record sales.

As Mark Farner was recorded saying while introducing one of the songs on one of the live cuts after mentioning the critics then the size of the crowd.... "That's power to the people!!!"

All I can say to the critics who enjoy(ed) looking down their noses at them... let's see you do what they did. Let's see you play a musical instrument in front of tens of thousands of people and make them all scream and cheer in wild appreciation.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 6:10pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 6:17pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 6:30pm
Sandy was running late, I told her to not stop by at all.  She needs to respect my wishes!  She thinks a big hug will fix everything.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 63>
  Share Topic