Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:48pm
It's so quiet in here... I might have to just eat and relax!  My friends and fiends are few and far between!

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 6:17pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 10:44pm
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:42pm
I've got a sore hip and a wet ass! I fired up the gas blower for the first time this year, cleared off the back porch and patio. Chopped ALL of the leaves in the back yard.

I noticed yesterday when I put gas in my truck, I saw what I thought was some rust under the doors on the drivers side.  I stopped by the self serve car wash to clean those areas off. (wet ass) I washed the whole truck but I do have some pretty serious rust working.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, I bought the thing in 2006 and this is Wisconsin. With only 73K on the clock, it is still a good truck...Even though the CU owns it now.  Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:47pm
Get yourself a bottle of Ospho. I think Ace Hardware sells it. Sand or wire brush the rust off as much as possible, then paint the rusted area liberally with Ospho. Let it sit overnight/24 hrs. It will turn the rusted metal black after it's done its job. Wipe it off with mineral spirits, then prime it, preferably with Zinc-It or another zinc-rich primer. Cover that with a regular primer then spray a top coat on.

Nothing Kills rust other than cutting out the rusted area and welding in New metal, but doing the above can slow down and set the rust back a good ways and extend the life of your truck.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:24pm
I was going to brag on my wife...She went two full days without smoking. Sometime after I fell asleep yesterday, she caved!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:08pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:02pm
Member(s) online: Jimbo, aka ron, Thor, PaWolf!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:09pm
Thumbs Up

Pa 54 where arrrrrre yooooouuuuuu?????

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 6:12am
A link for PaW (if he reads this far...) 

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/article/13036390/so-you-just-ate-a-pile-of-hot-chicken-guess-what-happens-in-about-24-hours
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:35pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:26pm
Everyone is busy when I want to play!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:39pm
Member(s) online: Jimbo, Thor, aka ron

Okay everybody! It's time to play!

Heck!  The wife is sleeping, I'm getting hungry!  Have a good day people!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
Is anybody else checking their account balances more than usual?  No money time here!

Coronavirus stimulus checks are on the way — if you haven’t gotten one already

Deposits began Saturday; the IRS expects to launch a tool allowing Americans to check the status of their relief funds by April 17.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 5:29pm
Crazy busy here at the aka ranch house. So many emails, so little time.

The wife needed a copy of her 1099. Yes, I should have kept the paper copy! I'm an idiot!
Anyway, I contacted the people who do our taxes. She sent me a very secure copy. Thank you Sue!
But! The wife calls me late in the afternoon. Not my best time of the day. The picture she took of the document was somehow not good enough.  I sent it to her!

My brother, don't get me started.

The city administrator. I told her I need to rid of some stuff. She was very helpful and willing to help in many ways. There are still a lot of good people in this world. I'm just not one of them.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 5:54pm
Quiet! You have no idea!  I'm starting to talk to myself!

How can an old man get so sloppy and unorganized.  I started sorting through the stuff in the garage.

Lazy, sloppy, bad hip handicapped!

The great wall of Linda's stuff!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 5:28pm
Can I get a little cheese with my whine today!  The wife needs a copy of the bank statement for her new landlord.  I can't get my computer to hook up with the printer, it's a hard wire connection!  I know that she has and does send stuff from her laptop to the printer. No problem. I try to login to the credit union on her laptop...I get nothing but 'wrong answer' No soup for you.  She got us locked out back in January or so.

She can access the account info on her iPhone.  I told her to call the credit Union tomorrow and have them print out last months activity.  This is so frustrating!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 5:38pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 4:37pm
More drama here at aka's place. I sprained my brain getting the printer to print a statement from the CU!  I finally got it to work. So, the wife is paying them (the CU) $40 for a copy from them! Wacko  Then!  She says the landlord wants a copy of the offer on the house! WTF is going on here? That's really none of their business, it's not my apartment! But, I want her to get an apartment so I can schedule the movers and just get the f*ck out of here.  I was able to find the document, there is this thing called Docusign that allows people to do such paperwork through email.  Here I have the printer showing me a 'Low Black Ink' warning. 10 pages to print.  I'm giving them only 2 pages with the pertinent information.  Oh!  With all of that f*cking around on the wife's laptop, I couldn't logon to the CU from MY PC! Angry  She gave me the new password.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

More drama here at aka's place. I sprained my brain getting the printer to print a statement from the CU!  I finally got it to work. So, the wife is paying them (the CU) $40 for a copy from them! Wacko  Then!  She says the landlord wants a copy of the offer on the house! WTF is going on here? That's really none of their business, it's not my apartment! But, I want her to get an apartment so I can schedule the movers and just get the f*ck out of here.  I was able to find the document, there is this thing called Docusign that allows people to do such paperwork through email.  Here I have the printer showing me a 'Low Black Ink' warning. 10 pages to print.  I'm giving them only 2 pages with the pertinent information.  Oh!  With all of that f*cking around on the wife's laptop, I couldn't logon to the CU from MY PC! Angry  She gave me the new password.

That sounds suspicious as hell.

Maybe it's her LAWYER that wants a copy.....?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 4:54pm
I need parts for my crutches!  I found part of a label...ardian?  I tried to make a make-shift repair. I put about 8 layers of duct tape on the shaft to keep the rubber piece from moving up. I didn't work!  Once I hit some hard smooth surface, that crutch goes flying.  Guardian?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 4:51pm
What a crappy day! The weather sucks!

Me being the cheap bastard that I am, and not wanting to wait for 5 days to get what might be the right part. I gave away most of my hand tools! I still have this sorry ass drill that Leah chewed the electric cord off of. And some good drill bits, and a 1/4 inch bolt, and a 1/4 inch nut, and some 5/16ths washers.  It is working pretty well!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 5:37pm
Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 5:44pm
^ You're about as short as my soon to be ex-wife.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 63>
  Share Topic