Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:07pm
Super Bowl Sunday!  Is the FA going to start a thread today?

It's a good thing that my wife is here making sure I'm still breathing.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:27pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 7:14am
It seemed like a good morning to let the fire go out so I could clean out the ashes. I'm out of oven cleaner so I couldn't clean the glass. I had a hell of a time getting a new fire going again.

My bellows and me...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:29pm
Mama told me that she has to go out today, I didn't even leave the house yesterday. We got more snow on Saturday night, more snow means the plow will leave another big hump at the end of the driveway.  Big enough that my truck was scraping when I went to get firewood.  I tried to trim it down with my digging shovel when I got back. Pretty easy digging, not frozen solid.  There is an area of ice that froze on the street, I made the mistake of wanting to attack the hump from the street side.  A couple of steps and I was (wham!) flat on my back! Ouch  I'm just hoping nobody saw me! I'm alright, I didn't hit my head!  I may feel some of the effects tomorrow.

Anyway, this is why Mama has to go out. She's dropping off these posters at different businesses around the area to promote their summer market thingy.  YOUR WELCOME, DEAR! Oh! She made me cut some pieces of pegboard for her too!  I'm still the alpha male! Embarrassed

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:45pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

...Oh! She made me cut some pieces of pegboard for her too!  I'm still the alpha male! Embarrassed

DisapproveNow hold on a minute! 'Alpha Male', you believe? Was the pegboard corrugated, so you could simply try out a muscle or two, but basically rip it apart? If not, did you have real scissors, or green plastic ones? *I* used to fall for that one for quite some time until one of the pups asked for her scissors back on her way to 1st grade (yeaaaaaa....I thought I was the 'muscle in the house' for YEARS).WinkLOL 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:00pm
Just your standard pegboard cut with a circular saw.  I can't seem to find my chalkline, I had to use my 2 foot level for a straight line.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:08pm
I had a craving to hear this old song...It reminds me of when I was 15 years old, cruising around in my own 1960 Chris-Craft with a 283 engine. I would pick up my buddies for an evening of 'beer drinking and hell raising'. Sheesh!  I think we were still playing 8 track tapes, way back then.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:34pm
If you don't have good audio on your device, too bad so sad.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:53pm
With the Escape channel and ION TV playing nothing but reruns I landed on the Start TV channel.  I don't even know the name of the show.  The program did play a song that is a blast from the past.

It's the late 70s and you are young and dumb and full of---Well, you know!

I loved Hall & Oats.

They could rock it out too!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:53pm
Confused...I'm thinkin' I need more coffee as I'm sorta feeling like Johnny Trashed and I haven't had a beer in 2 days! I even have a 40 ouncer over in the other room I haven't opened and never put in the fridge, yet I feel like I had 3 of them...what is SO BAD is that I really understand this cut right now and even think I could sing along, but for no good reason other than just to hurt at 2:59 PM on 3/26/2019.
DisapproveDid I mention I don't like this song? I find it extraordinarily self-centered and selfish from every perceivable angle? The final verse is the sealing stamp and proof that he never got 'the message'.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 5:21pm
That's a great song, Paw.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 7:49am
Never liked that song, either, Pa.  Despite what so many say, I don't think it fits him at all.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:43am
It's a terrible all-in-it-for-himself whiner's song and I think at the end of the day, it fit him like a glove and ultimately sized him down.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:28pm
Active Users In total there are 51 Active Users online, 2 Member(s), 0 Anonymous Member(s), 38 Guest(s), 11 Search Robot(s)
Most users ever online was 997, 05 Feb 2012 at 8:31pm
Member(s) online: johnsonjack87, aka ron

LOLI see jack off johnson is on the site!
Account Status: Suspended

How's it going!  Douchebag?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:04pm
You know it's a quiet Tuesday afternoon when just me and PaW are on the forum. I'm getting hungry and the wife is still pissed at me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You know it's a quiet Tuesday afternoon when just me and PaW are on the forum. I'm getting hungry and the wife is still pissed at me.
You're fibbing. I wasn't here.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:56pm
The holiday traffic around here is crazy! I have to pick and choose which ped I hit!

It's getting warm in here and I'm getting hangry!

This window fan is taking a crap, like many other things around here.

I had to get out Big Brotha...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:02am
I'm going fan shopping tomorrow myself.

I've had one of these things I bought at Target (I think) back in the mid 90's...

Honeywell 18" Commercial Grade, high velocity.

Came with a 5 year warranty. Lasted over 20 years.

Had to take it apart a couple of times, once to sand and repaint the metal blades because the powder coating had started chipping off.

While I had the freshly repainted blades hanging up on a nail on the front porch to let the paint dry, a stiff breeze blew through and they fell about 7 feet to the concrete patio, bending the sh*t out of one of the blades.

I was totally pissed!!!

So then I had to get the damned thing un-bent which was no mean feat, since they are curved in multiple directions at very precise angles.

At first, the whole fan would shudder and "walk" across the bare floor, so I had to take the front of the cage back off and adjust it some more.

Finally got it really close and got a few more years use out if it.

Two or three years ago, it started not wanting to spin when I'd turn it on. I'd turn the switch to low speed, but the blades would barely move. Eventually they'd start, but sometimes I'd have to help them out by putting a stick in there and giving them a shove.

Then, I'd start getting a loud squeaking noise. Not sure if it was coming out of the motor or if it was the mounting screws squeaking against the cage.

Anyway, it started squeaking again the other day, and it was pissing me off, so I whacked the back of the motor a couple of times with a rubber mallet.

It stopped squeaking, but it also started running slower. About 30 minutes later it slowly came to a stop and is now officially dead.

I did some reading about it, and I think it might just be a capacitor, which I understand is easy to change.

I don't have time to screw around with it right now, so tommorow I'm going shopping for a new, similar fan and someday when I get the time, I'll tear it apart again and maybe fix it.

Thank you for reading my fan story.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:39am
It's finally cooling off in here, I might be able to get a few more hours of sleep.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:49pm
Cry I can't handle this weather - it's too damned hot for me. I have to stay inside the AC environment until fall. or high-tail it to the GreatWhiteNorth, once darkness sets in...I need a nice, cool mountain lake and maybe a newfound friend. I absolutely hate this area - when the heat sets in, the lunatics lose it. Last night, a street party turned into a war zone where 10 people got shot, only a few miles down the road, where the ethnicity changes to 88% of one leaning...and you know what? As one friend from that community tells me, "Most of the folks around here have no idea if they are actually half-brothers or sisters...". And then they go and act like that...what was it we fought for so long ago and why? Why not erect cement walls around the entire area and declare it a FEMA camp?
And the insanity does not end here, but extends throughout the nation - one can only hope the other story of the day isn't about one of our 'Sanctuary Cities' gone bust...one where I believe they should deport the guilty immediately after execution.

A 47-year-old man is charged with giving drugs to a 13-year-old and dropping her off at a hospital, where she died

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:38pm
Well, I went out and bought a new fan Sunday but I didn't get the high velocity floor fan I was planning to. For $40 they looked kind of cheaply made and I figured I'd be lucky to get three or four years out if it. Five tops. So I just want ahead and paid $17 for another box fan I'll probably get two or three years out of and possibly fix my old high velocity floor fan in the meantime.

Here's a link to a picture of the one I got... Jimbo's new fan

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:04am
Confused Finally broke down and bought a high-velocity LASKO fan from Y'allmart (yea, I actually went in there because I know I can tape the receipt to the box and take it back in a few months and get my money back just by saying I don't want it) for my mother. $47. We don't need it - my mother wanted a fan in her room for (all I can figure) the 'white noise' and she didn't lile what I got - she wanted MINE, out in the front den, which is a thin, tall fan (she didn't tell me until after I put the one with the remote together and showed her), so she got mine and now, in this OLD place that has pretty good AC, I also have the LASKO fan with remote. Slept like a baby, from about 7:30 PM yesterday, until noon today!
~~~~

This place is dying!

opicsLast PostForum
Jack Link's 'Meat vs. Yogurt' (video)1 minute ago at 7:53pm By PaWolf View PostCommercial Talk
Deluth Trading Breezeshooter Pants (video)6 minutes ago at 7:48pm By PaWolf View PostCommercial Talk
Mayo Clinic- Lucky Hat (video)8 minutes ago at 7:46pm By PaWolf View PostCommercials You Hate !!!!!
American Pickers15 minutes ago at 7:39pm By PaWolf View PostTelevision Related Rants
It's nice we are having weather today1 hour 60 minutes ago at 5:54pm By PaWolf View PostOff-Topic
old old vacuum cleaner commercial2 hours 5 minutes ago at 5:49pm By PaWolf View PostCommercial Talk
Truvada; I'm on the pill2 hours 33 minutes ago at 5:21pm By PaWolf View PostCommercials You Hate 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:04pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 2:58pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 3:25pm
Helluva crowd!!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 63>
  Share Topic