Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm not sure how the wife got on this mailing list.

From: WI Dept. of Military Affairs <dma_wi@service.govdelivery.com>

WI NATIONAL GUARD RELEASE: National Guard to canvass Omro as part of Dark Sky exercise

MADISON, Wis. — Approximately 110 Wisconsin Army National Guard Soldiers will partner with local emergency management, fire and police from the city of Omro, Winnebago County and the American Red Cross to go door-to-door in Omro, Wisconsin, May 16 as part of a full-scale training exercise known as Dark Sky.

Local residents can expect to see Soldiers canvassing neighborhoods, knocking on doors, speaking with residents, and passing out emergency preparedness information as part of the exercise during the afternoon hours of May 16.

There is no threat to the public, and local residents should not be alarmed or concerned if they see an increased law enforcement or military presence in Omro May 16. The purpose of this exercise is to aid in readiness and safety should a major crisis arise in the city.

In the exercise scenario, National Guard Soldiers — at the request of local authorities and emergency responders — will simulate conducting health and welfare checks of local populations to ensure residents are safe. This is similar to a real-life scenario that played out in July 2017 in Burlington, when Wisconsin National Guard Soldiers assisted local emergency responders by going door-to-door in that community to conduct health and welfare checks in the wake of extreme flooding there.

Wisconsin Army National Guard Soldiers = WANGS

I think they're preparing for an impending natural disaster that they're hiding from the public.

Maybe a giant asteroid is on collision course with Earth.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 3:36pm
LOL

I'm going to exercise my right as an American to ignore the door bell. I test my smoke detectors.

Besides, gAyBC has been pounding me with this craphole of a commercial for months now.  Is their stinkin section 8 home that big??  I can get out of this house in about 10 seconds, even with a bad hip joint. Angry

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 5:26am
Quote I think they're preparing for an impending natural disaster that they're hiding from the public.

Maybe a giant asteroid is on collision course with Earth.

No, it'll be giant rats invading Wisconsin after being attracted by all that cheese there...  LOL

Quote Local residents can expect to see Soldiers canvassing neighborhoods, knocking on doors, speaking with residents, and (...)

... crushing their flowerbeds under tank tracks.  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Not much action on the aka neighborhood critter cam.  The derriere of a deer...

It appears that smoke will set off a motion sensor. Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:09pm
Well...The Dark Sky project happens here tomorrow.  Confused  What a waste of money and manpower. JMHO

And! The city has informed us that they will be doing inspections looking for violations related to 'Clear Water', (storm or rainwater) entries to the sanitary sewer collection system.

The fuking city has been all over this house in the past few years, the downspouts and sump pump drain into a network of pipes that lead to the channel. I HOPE the f**kstick from the city WANTS to go into the crawlspace that THEY ruined.  I might just nail the hatch down while he begs for mercy!  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:28pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:47pm

Well...The Dark Sky project happens here tomorrow.  Confused  What a waste of money and manpower. JMHO

And! The city has informed us that they will be doing inspections looking for violations related to 'Clear Water', (storm or rainwater) entries to the sanitary sewer collection system.

The fuking city has been all over this house in the past few years, the downspouts and sump pump drain into a network of pipes that lead to the channel. I HOPE the f**kstick from the city WANTS to go into the crawlspace that THEY ruined.  I might just nail the hatch down while he begs for mercy!  Angry

What is The Dark Sky Project? Turning off all the street lights at night to cut down on light pollution?

That's what I would guess.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:27pm
^LOL

No sign of armed troops in my neck of the woods yet today. I noticed a local news truck was setting up for a broadcast when I went through town a little while ago. I checked the smoke alarm this morning, not an easy task. I need the stepladder and any extra weight hurts me when I walk.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:18pm
Well, I was at least right about what The Dark Sky Project is.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:04am
^Ahem, you did see the e-mail I copied and posted here, right?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:22pm
Mama done left me here all alone, again.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 7:20pm

Mama done left me here all alone, again.

Perfect time to break out the ol' git-tar and write a country music song.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 3:16pm
LOL
"You were always on my mind sod".

I'm an edging fool!

I've just about finished the driveway and street. I have an old style wooden mechanics creeper that I keep in the crawl space. I also have one that folds into a little stool with wheels.  It's a lot easier to roll around on that as I pickup the pieces of sod.  It's getting more difficult to put weight on my left leg. Cry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:04pm
Strange days here at the aka ranch, I wish all the best to my CIH friends.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:37pm

Everything OK I hope!!!....

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:34am

What does this cryptic message mean?  I hope you, Mama and the deer in your yard are OK!  <worried>  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:21pm
I just roll with the flow, I have health problems.  I don't like doctors or the healthcare system!

Mama found two doctors in our network that she has worked with.  She was an RN.

I'm a crazy monopoly for a  f8cked up health care system1
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm
It's a big time for aviators from everywhere...

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure

We usually try to get over that way in the boat, it depends on weather conditions, the wind and other factors.  We just stop and drift as the planes circle and make their approach. Just to the east of the airport on the map.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 5:43pm
Sounds like fun, ar.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 7:27pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 6:38pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 6:22pm
It sure is quiet in here!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 9:07pm

Sure is noisy in here!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:40pm
It's a quiet day at the aka ranch, I have my own cigarette manufacturing facility on the dining room table.

I'll be eating my food off of the same table later.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 5:38am
I used to stuff about a hundred tubes in less than half an hour.  Now all that stuff is in a closet.  The tobacco is likely stale after 8 years, but I keep it around in case I have to barter for food someday...  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 63>
  Share Topic