Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 63>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 10:01am
When Dems like Pelosi and Schumer want to "reach across the aisle" and work with Repubs, watch out!  There's venom in those claws.  The whole US credit card limit (aka the debt ceiling) will never be looked at again if it becomes "temporarily" ended.

Hopefully, this is just Trump sending a message to the lame-assed Republicans that they'd better start doing their jobs.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:33pm
The debt ceiling is redundant since Congress appropriates all govt spending anyway.

The only reason the right wants to keep it is so they can use it as a means to create political leverage by threatening a govt shut down if they don't get what they want.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 1:17pm
Hey! let's put the politics on the political section of off-topic! Disapprove
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Hey! let's put the politics on the political section of off-topic! Disapprove
Lighten up, Reg.  Does the storm have you a little edgy?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 6:06pm
Cry"baddad!!!BADDAD!!!"<whupwhupwhup!!!>
Yea, that was me getting my beating from one o'my pups who called to see who I've chatted with and how their uncle is holding up in the storm.
I made a point that some people get to have all the fun without us and really should consider putting the cat outside as sort of a 'wind sock'....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 6:06pm
It's got me kinda edgy!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:27pm
To hell with the crickets, you could hear a pin drop in here! Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:29pm
CRANK UP SOME TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS!!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 2:46pm
It's so empty and quiet in here, every time I tap my touchscreen tablet keyboard to enter a character, I can actually hear the echo!!!!

...the echo!!!!

...echo!!!!

...echo!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 2:59pm
I'm watching an old movie with Barbara Hershey...Tongue

Image result for barbara hershey

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:31pm
Barbara Hershey was a Barbara Hottie back in her day...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:57pm
^She reminds me of the 'Oh Henry' woman on Seinfeld. Wink

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:04am
My Mallory just died.  I'd been hanging with him since I got home.  He was under the coffee table lapping at cream.  I left the room for about 15 minutes.  When I returned to the living room, he was just laying under that coffee table, eyes open, dead.  I wasn't quite expecting it to happen today, as he'd been maintaining at the same level for about a week now.

I'm glad he died peacefully, here and on his own terms.  Just earlier, I'd been laying next to him, rubbing his face and neck.  I gave him a few kisses, too.

Anyway, RIP to my Mal.  I loved him a lot.

Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:23am
So sorry !! Cry  All our cats lived to good old ages.  Our LuLu decided under the dining room table was a good place to pass on.   She was always a good eater !  R.I.P.  Mal !! 
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:23am
Very sorry to hear about your loss, Thor. I know how hard it is to lose them after they've been with you for so many years and given you their affection and unquestioning acceptance.

I'm sure you'll take some comfort in knowing he had not only a good life, but probably the best life any cat could hope for.

I hope you bury him with honor in a nice, shady spot in the backyard.

RIP Mallory.

BTW, it's kinda cool that his last meal was ice cream. Who could ask for better than that???

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 6:28am
I'm so sorry, Thor.  Rest in Peace, Mal.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:20am
Thor, I'm so sorry for your loss of Mallory.  Cry 

You sensed his end was near, and he held on for you to come home and spend some more precious time together before he passed.  I too am happy that he just slipped away on his own terms and at home in a happy place.  He knew how much you love him.  You were such a great Dad to him.

RIP sweet boy Mal.

My condolences, Thor.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:48am
Thanks, everyone.  Yeah, I've gotta say, I gave him a pretty great life.  And he enriched mine a lot, too.  He (and his bros Mickey and Killer) were my first real pets.

And yeah, DRS---the thought crossed my mind that he waited for me to be at home with him.  Between work and sleep, there was a window of only about 5 hours for it to have happened this way.  I do kind of wish I'd been right there next to him when it happened.  But 25 feet away is OK.  I'm really glad I'd given him some affection a bit earlier, as for the most part, the attention I'd been giving him was mostly about trying to get him to eat.  He seemed to love it.

Mickey and Rocco seemed clueless about it.  They were whining for treats as Mal's body lay right there in front of them.  Not sure how much cats understand (or care).  Cats can be such little dicks.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hope you bury him with honor in a nice, shady spot in the backyard.

I'm just gonna have the vet cremate him.  I buried Killer and Sneakers in my CA backyard, but Mal has no connection to the backyard here.  As for me, I have pics and memories.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Is it "Box Car Bertha"?Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Thanks, everyone.  Yeah, I've gotta say, I gave him a pretty great life.  And he enriched mine a lot, too.  He (and his bros Mickey and Killer) were my first real pets.

And yeah, DRS---the thought crossed my mind that he waited for me to be at home with him.  Between work and sleep, there was a window of only about 5 hours for it to have happened this way.  I do kind of wish I'd been right there next to him when it happened.  But 25 feet away is OK.  I'm really glad I'd given him some affection a bit earlier, as for the most part, the attention I'd been giving him was mostly about trying to get him to eat.  He seemed to love it.

Mickey and Rocco seemed clueless about it.  They were whining for treats as Mal's body lay right there in front of them.  Not sure how much cats understand (or care).  Cats can be such little dicks.  LOL

I witnessed an odd cat behavior decades back when I was a commercial driver. Two cats ran across a busy street and the one slightly behind was hit and killed. The other one returned and was poking the dead one with it's paw. I was stopped at a red light and witnessed drivers stopping and carefully driving around the cats. Just before my light turned green the unharmed cat finished crossing the street and disappeared into some bushes. The only dick involved here was the driver who hit the cat didn't even slow down. Of course now days they do the same thing when they hit people.Angry 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Is it "Box Car Bertha"?Wink
LOL

No, but now I'm curious. I may have to look into that one, you know, just for research purposes. Wink
Because...."I'm a man of means by no means"

It was The Public Eye with Joe Pesci.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:50pm
I'm having my own private playtime here...I'm getting hungry.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My Mallory just died.  I'd been hanging with him since I got home.  He was under the coffee table lapping at cream.  I left the room for about 15 minutes.  When I returned to the living room, he was just laying under that coffee table, eyes open, dead.  I wasn't quite expecting it to happen today, as he'd been maintaining at the same level for about a week now.

I'm glad he died peacefully, here and on his own terms.  Just earlier, I'd been laying next to him, rubbing his face and neck.  I gave him a few kisses, too.

Anyway, RIP to my Mal.  I loved him a lot.

I know I'm late chiming in here, but I've had this on my mind since I read it.
You may see shadows out of the corner of your eyes now and then...especially when you are just sitting around. They are probably Mal as he may be gone...but he's not and you need to know that.
I still see the beloved dachies now and then. They show up as a momentary mist, sort of a wisp or a black shadow you experience for a split second. He loves you and he stops by to let you know it and that he's alright, but he really still wants to claw your eyes out for naming him after a murderous female...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:06pm
If you want to hear some NOISE C'mon down to Central Florida. Biketoberfest starts this Thursday, and the bikers will be trickling in all this week. Some are here already, the mating sound of the Hawgs has gone up considerably.
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 63>
  Share Topic