Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 63>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:06am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

aka ron,

I recognized it immediately.  Smile

Disapprove
The two of you should get a (chat)roomWink...or AT LEAST use the 'official videos', doncha know...
Thanks for posting the original video.  Smile
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
We can always count on PaW to set us straight.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:57pm
Or let him think he's setting us straight....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:01pm
^LOL
I'm hoping DRS will send me a picture. I'm glad she is here with us.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:41pm
Me too!!!!

I like her.

Ya hear that, DRS????
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:43am
OuchDon't either one of you start begging for her pic because it will be the same old story all over again:
  • she sends a pic 
  • then you post yours
  • we lose another member

Or you could send her a link to the CIH members thread, where the handsome show off

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:55pm
Confused  8 hours...2 posts.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused  8 hours...2 posts.

Well, some of us do sleep, Pa.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:15pm
No - you need to post & post & post! There are people who need to follow our lives so theirs have meaning! You can rest when you die!PinchWink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:31pm
I just opened our Notice of Assessment.

The value of the land stayed the same but they claim the value of the dwelling went up over $10,000.

They explain why too. Because of FEMA's required remediation effort. 
That may sound good as far as resale goes, I'm more worried about what it's going to do to our property taxes.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I just opened our Notice of Assessment.

The value of the land stayed the same but they claim the value of the dwelling went up over $10,000.

They explain why too. Because of FEMA's required remediation effort.

That may sound good as far as resale goes, I'm more worried about what it's going to do to our property taxes.

What is the millage rate where you live?

Find out how much tax you pay per $1,000, multiply x 10 and add that to what you were paying.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:32pm
Millage rate, you've inspired me to look into this further. Mama was pissed too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:49pm
It means you need to post & post & post some more - and start a GOFUNDME account

~~~or~~~

review this:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:55pm
post & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & postpost & post & post
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 7:11pm
LOLyeaokfine - where is that GoFundMe account? If you read the way they calculate 'Millage Taxes', you would now officially feel like someone dumped you on the side of the road, naked and raped...and told you not to go anywhere because they are coming back for more...Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 7:20pm
^ LOL

You funny, PaW!Thumbs Up
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:45pm
I'm getting my list of stuff I need at Menards together. But I just had a brainstorm so I sent my mom-in-law my idea in an e-mail.

It will be a little more expensive but it's the best way to solve the freezing problem with the discharge pipe. The pipe from the pump that goes through the foundation wall is PVC.
I/someone needs to run a new pipe the entire length of the basement (inside).
I think that there would then be enough verticle drop, on that short section of pipe, that it would drain before freezing.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:28pm
Is the pipe buried?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Is the pipe buried?
The city just rebuilt the street including storm sewers.  They have provided a surface drain, between the house and the sidewalk,  designed for sump water.

So, no. It is not and won't be buried.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 4:43pm
It sure is quiet in here.

I keep seeing aka ron's name in the Members Online list, but no posts.

Guess it's my turn to try to spark a conversation.

Hel-looooooo?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 4:51pm
I just finished up at my mom-in-law's place.  The original length of pipe was leaking so I had to go back to Menards and buy more pipe and fittings.

Not only that, I bought a new toilet seat for our master bath. I measured the bolt pattern but I had no idea how many different sized bowls there are.  F*ck!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:01pm
Sounds like you've got your hands full of fun.

Who needs Disney World???
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:09pm
^ The most fun you can have with your cloths on.

We've been getting a lot of rain, it's a sloppy mess over there.
That pair of jeans is in the laundry now.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:11pm
We're begging for rain down here.

Starting to get hot, too.

On track to set a record today at 95°.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ The most fun you can have with your cloths on.

We've been getting a lot of rain, it's a sloppy mess over there.
That pair of jeans is in the laundry now.
On the news I saw simulated muddy jeans at $400+. Maybe genuine muddy jeans are worth more.Wink 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 63>
  Share Topic