Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 2:55am
Oh,  they want us to sign this agreement by the end of the month???AngryAngryAngry

Knowing yesterday I was not supposed to talk publicly about this I just needed to vent, thanks to anyone who took the time to read my rant.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 8:37pm
I'm feeling hungry, so I made a call and asked mama to pick up some Subway.
She has the option of ignoreing my request or bringing home a meatball sub for me and some good lay's chips.
She always gets a veggie sub.
Women are weird.
If she decides not to, I will get some greasy burgers or fish that will shorten our life for sure.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 3:35am
Confused...all I'm hearing in here are crickets...it's getting boring - I may accidently go nuts... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:08am
chirp chirp
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:12am
everybody got banned...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:31am
I thought everybody was IN a band.

Ergo, they were all at band practice.

Hell, I don't know.

I'm just babbling here.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:58am
I need a band-aid
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I thought everybody was IN a band.

I used to be in a band -- but that was decades ago.
I believe that I was 16; I'm almost 50 now.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 8:08am
I can't even hear the crickets this morning.
44 outside, 71 inside. I'm gonna have to crank up the furnace here pretty soon.
I had to find my slippers so my feet don't get cold. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 8:57pm
Does anyone remember a thread about the ads here on CIH?
I looked for it, I get disappointed in myself when I can't find what I want.
I have done some clicking and have something add.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:03pm
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:08pm
Thanks man, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 3:27am
It really is too quiet in here. This place is like a deserted, dying ghost town. Wish someone would come along and shake this place up!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Sandra Sandra wrote:

It really is too quiet in here. This place is like a deserted, dying ghost town. Wish someone would come along and shake this place up!

C'mon, man!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 3:34am
It sure looks like everyone is busy doing something besides CIH. Well, it is Friday night, and the last Friday before Christmas. I guess some people have already started to travel to their holiday destinations.

I am in limbo as I wait for time to go to bed. I have to work tomorrow morning and I can't get into much of anything; I always feel like I am just biding timed because I have to get up early.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 5:38am
Out of boredom I watched the 2002 NFL On CBS intro. The theme music was much more upbeat and impressive than the POS they have now. When did the theme change anyway????
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 6:09pm
Damn Monica, did you scare everyone away or is it just me.  Wink
Monica View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 6:19pm
I didn't mean to scare anyone away.....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 6:38pm
I just checked it out, it is the 1998 to 2002 theme. It ended in 2002, I guess the current theme went from 2002 onward.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:30pm
Judge Judy is on, I can feel her anger with these idiots and it makes me want to....
Say fudge, shut the front door, I shipped my pants, shake your stinky groove thang, yeah yeah.

It's still cold , I bought a little more green wood, leah must have a sprain in her left front leg.
She's a little gimpy but it's not serious enough to take her to the vet, no swelling, no obvious injury.
If d4 is reading, leave a nightlight on, that's why the TV is on all night here, the dog is always close by.
Both of us could get hurt if I step on her.

More snow coming in right now. I told mama to wash her truck while she was out, I'll do mine tomorrow.
I was pretty busy earlier today, my sore hip lets me know when I've had enough.
I am still amazed at the healing power of a good night sleep.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:12pm
Forgive me for reviving this thread, I'm guessing Donna is regrouping.
Insult overload, or maybe just looking at himself, we can always hope.
8MorDaz2Halloween View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8MorDaz2Halloween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Forgive me for reviving this thread, I'm guessing Donna is regrouping.
Insult overload, or maybe just looking at himself, we can always hope.
Not to worry, dear man, i.e., aka ron, there's a new member on board as of a couple of hours ago named totalspoof83.  A 32-year-old-male with a (probably) fake name and guess where he's from?  The Sunshine State!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 6:32pm
This would fit in 'Amazing Findings'.
You have to admire the dedication.

For a funny slant on this, google  Tosh and the girl with no arms, very funny stuff.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 7:21pm
Okay, I have my own selfish topic like donna, I miss my interweb friends! Big smile

Quote:
Back in 2004, ground was broken to begin construction on One World Trade Center, the successor to the WTC towers that fell on 9/11/2001 in one of the most tragic and horrific attacks of terrorism the world has ever seen. The project was an ambitious one, and it needed to be appropriate given the gravity of what it meant to construct something in that particular location.

Today, One World Trade Center is fully constructed and open to the public. Floors 100-102 have been turned into an observatory. At a height of 1,298 feet, it stands as the tallest building in the Western hemisphere and the fourth tallest worldwide. To commemorate the opening of the observatory, EarthCam released this video of the 11-year construction process as a timelapse, which uses hundreds of thousands of high-definition images taken between October 2004 and May 2015.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 1:15am
A late group meeting with the attorney threw my whole day off.

*facepalm*

The city is offering each household $500 in addition to the cost of the remediation, a slap in the face.
They still have not complied with the homeowners simple requst of a detailed, itemized list of the work to be done.
In just another attempt to delay, we are asking for more money to compensate for the loss of storage space and possibly deminished value of the property itself.
Worst case scenario, FEMA could come in and condemn all 12 properties, pay us market value.
FEMA claims if these problems are not fixed, they will deny flood insurance for the whole city which happens to be in a flood plain. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 63>
  Share Topic