Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2014 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audi - Sarah McLachlan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audi - Sarah McLachlan
    Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 11:42pm
This is a teaser for some Audi commercial... I think. Apparently it's also going to air during the Super Bowl. I love Sarah, and it's awesome that she's doing this, but what this has to do with cars... beats the hell out of me.

Sponsored Links

susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 11:51am
WTF...that's weird. It's like the Turbo Tax ads that they got John C. Reilly to do. It's just his voice, but really? You need to pay a sh*t ton of money to these celebrities that have zero to do with your product. Every time I think of Sarah Mclachlan I think suicidal ASPCA ads.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 1:28pm

I like the fact that she's poking fun at herself, but there's really no tie-in to Audi other than at the very end.  It seems to be more an ad for McLachlan than for Audi.

However, the video above is calling this a "teaser" commercial.  What does that mean?  I can only guess it's a teaser for a real Audi commercial.  I guess we're supposed to be awaiting it with bated breath.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 3:43pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 1:43am
WinkAudi is introducing the A3 - an entry-level, affordable car. That was the 'drive', here (get a lot for a little), from what I gather.
I dearly love this commercialLOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 1:52am
It isn't a huge deal for me, but I kind of think she is belittling the ASPCA ads--just a little.

It's not the same thing because these are JUST animals, but a long-time rep or celebrity wouldn't have done the same thing if they were the face of Feed the Children or St. Jude's Children's Hospital or another charity like that.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 2:04am

I had to laugh when the dog got his eCollar caught on the ground.  That's exactly what kept happening to my Killer when he had to wear one.

Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 3:44am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

It isn't a huge deal for me, but I kind of think she is belittling the ASPCA ads--just a little.

It's not the same thing because these are JUST animals, but a long-time rep or celebrity wouldn't have done the same thing if they were the face of Feed the Children or St. Jude's Children's Hospital or another charity like that.

I have to agree....   I thought it was kind of tasteless on her part.
Chipster View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 4:38am
The BEST Superbowl ad -- hilarious and very creative! Sarah McL spoofing herself (not ASPCA) was the best.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 2:48pm

^^^ Now just why is that fartknocker examining the dog's asshole? OuchQuestionOuch
Does he think that the mutant mutt has worms or something?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 4:43pm
^LOL
In dog shows the judges will look them over pretty well checking bone structure, stance and the rare demon head that's too large for the body.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 4:33pm
 LOL One of the FUNNIEST commercials ever made! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic