Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BEST vacation ever w/ texting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST vacation ever w/ texting
    Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 8:10am

Seriously? The little brat was on her phone the entire time acting like she didn't give a rat's ass about the vacation her parents paid for her to join them on (she was even using the damn thing when she was on the ride), I mean oh sure at the end she texts her dad with a pic saying "Best vacation ever!" but come on! When I was a kid we used these things called cameras, any texting or whatever during a family get together (especially a hundred some odd dollar vacation) would result in said cell phone being tossed into the nearest water source.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 1:20pm

Agreed. I'm surprised the kid saw anything.

On top of that, they don't even hint, much less provide a glance of the way it really is there -
  • Air so thick from humidity that you can cut it with a knife if you don't suffocate first
  • I don't care how well-off anyone is or is not - you will go broke there (even parking is almost $20). If you get a 3-day pass to see both parks, you're looking at about $200 per person (massive discounts are available, if you'll go put up with things like condo timeshare presentations).
  • The HEAT! Anything that lives, sweats, dies, and rots is in Floryland. We don't do 'heat' anymore.
  • The place is always overcrowded with people from third-world countries that may or may not have heard of that new invention, deodorant. The food is not the only thing you smell.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 3:26pm
This is sickening.   Your typical American tweenie brat who can't put her cell phone away for 5 seconds to pose for a family photo let alone involve herself in the family vacation, and Universal is glorifying it in this commercial and justifying it because in an Instagram (or whatever it was) she called it "the best vacation."   I guarantee you if mom and dad had actually played the role of parents and made her leave her phone back at the hotel room, at the end of the day she would've been on Twitter Twatter calling it the worst vacation ever because she was held against her will away from her phone for more than a half hour.  Spoiled sh*tless little bitch.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 3:39pm

At least in that other commercial---the Christmas one in which the teen boy is on his handheld device the entire trip (I forget the product)---the teen redeems himself.  Turns out that, all along, he'd been making a video of all the goings-on, and then put it all together as a video gift to his family.  But in this one, all she's doing is texting her friends and checking her Facebook account.  One picture and a "Best vacation ever!" text doesn't cut it.  She shoulda been kenneled for the duration of the trip.  She's just dead weight.

From the article I just posted in Off-topic...

As futurist and author Aldous Huxley prophesied, we are becoming a people enslaved, not by what we fear but by what we love – this cornucopia of media conveniences digital gadgets and appliances. I am what I buy.

I find this commercial disgusting.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Agreed. I'm surprised the kid saw anything.

On top of that, they don't even hint, much less provide a glance of the way it really is there -
  • Air so thick from humidity that you can cut it with a knife if you don't suffocate first
  • I don't care how well-off anyone is or is not - you will go broke there (even parking is almost $20). If you get a 3-day pass to see both parks, you're looking at about $200 per person (massive discounts are available, if you'll go put up with things like condo timeshare presentations).
  • The HEAT! Anything that lives, sweats, dies, and rots is in Floryland. We don't do 'heat' anymore.
  • The place is always overcrowded with people from third-world countries that may or may not have heard of that new invention, deodorant. The food is not the only thing you smell.
I don't do very well in the heat either. It gets damn hot here with some high humidity and even air quality warnings. If I have shade and a good breeze, natural or mechanical, I feel good.
Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and southern California are all great places to be in the winter time.
Thank god for air conditioning.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

This is sickening.   Your typical American tweenie brat who can't put her cell phone away for 5 seconds to pose for a family photo let alone involve herself in the family vacation, and Universal is glorifying it in this commercial and justifying it because in an Instagram (or whatever it was) she called it "the best vacation."   I guarantee you if mom and dad had actually played the role of parents and made her leave her phone back at the hotel room, at the end of the day she would've been on Twitter Twatter calling it the worst vacation ever because she was held against her will away from her phone for more than a half hour.  Spoiled sh*tless little bitch.

Agreed. No wonder we got so many stupid little sh*ts running around these days who can't pay attention for longer than 5 minutes to anything that doesn't go bloop bloop bleep bleep. I didn't even get a cellphone until I was 23. Even then I only got it because my job required it. But the good ol' "Let's be pals" self esteem movement parents always gotta buy their little f*cktrophies the latest electronic crapola from the Land of The Rising Sun. Oh yes Joe Pesci forbid Little Miss Specialest Snowflake can't twitter, instagram, and facebook her friends about every insignificant detail of each other's day. It might stifle her creativity and hurt her self esteem. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 10:59pm
This reminds me of a vacation I took back in September. My brother-in-law and his dad came along, and all they did the entire time was watch television. I was thinking: "Can't you guys watch television at home? Holy sh*t, I thought that was the point of a vacation, to do something different."

I remember a time when I could go out in the street and there would always be somebody to hang out with, or talk to, or even just say howdy. Now it's like a ghost-town, or a zombie movie, with everybody just staring at these things or having them glued to their f**kin' ear. And I'm going on 20. How's that for a quick downfall for society?

I can't even imagine how anyone could justify giving a cellphone to their kids before they're 13, at least, especially a smart-phone. The way I and most of my friends were back in that time-period, they would have gotten broken in about three days, if not sooner. "But if they're out wandering the streets I want to be able to call them to see where they're at." Is a fairly common excuse. Well, my question, why the f**k are they out wandering the streets to begin with? Control your children. You're a parent, not a buddy. Besides, they aren't going to talk to you with their three hundred dollar piece of Chinese-made plastic crap. They'll probably be too busy taking pictures of their junk and talking bullsh*t on Facebook.

Do kids even go outside anymore?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 12:15am
Blame Mom & Dad. They bought her the phone and pay for it.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 3:10pm
She's so into her phone, how does she even know the difference between what's going on outside and her sitting on her ass at home?

The worst part about this is the face she makes when the water from the water ride splashes her - like she was thinking how DARE those people have the AUDACITY to have enjoy the ride while she was texting nearby?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Agreed. No wonder we got so many stupid little sh*ts running around these days who can't pay attention for longer than 5 minutes to anything that doesn't go bloop bloop bleep bleep. I didn't even get a cellphone until I was 23. Even then I only got it because my job required it. But the good ol' "Let's be pals" self esteem movement parents always gotta buy their little f*cktrophies the latest electronic crapola from the Land of The Rising Sun. Oh yes Joe Pesci forbid Little Miss Specialest Snowflake can't twitter, instagram, and facebook her friends about every insignificant detail of each other's day. It might stifle her creativity and hurt her self esteem. 
I was well over 30 before the first cell (and I mean CELL) phone attached itself to me and then it was only for work. Had pagers, before that.
Got first 'smart phone' 2 years ago, again, only for work. Those damed things are like 'crack for kids'; I see people getting so lost in their 'phone' (that really should be renamed 'multi-purpose handheld device)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic