Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NISSAN ROGUE please make it stop!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NISSAN ROGUE please make it stop!!
    Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 2:11am
I'VE NEVER SEEN A COMMERCIAL PLAYED AS MUCH AS THIS f**kING NISSAN COMMERCIAL!!!!Angry

Every commercial break on ESPN for a couple weeks now, sometimes twice during the same break...Y.A.L.A! Y.A.L.A!Y.A.L.A! Y.A.L.A! I've just been trying to watch some of these Bowl games in peace and I'm bombarded with this commercial!
Sponsored Links

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 2:17am
scremped View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scremped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 2:55pm
Aw man!! It says do NOT attempt.  I so wanted to attempt that.
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 5:52pm
Yeah, I was SO looking forward to jumping my car onto a train! You know, it's sad that some people are so stupid that we have to have disclaimers like these.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

Yeah, I was SO looking forward to jumping my car onto a train! You know, it's sad that some people are so stupid that we have to have disclaimers like these.

My first thought when I saw this ad was "I bet Travis Pastrana or Ken Block could probably pull that off in real life".
maskddingo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskddingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 11:24pm
What's funny about this, is I remember seeing it a lot last weekend during football games on Sunday. I know for certain they didn't have that 'this is a fantasy' disclaimer included.

They first time I saw it my thoughts were, "Oh great! Nissan thinks it's cool to break the law and endanger lives."

A few moments later I thought, "Wait a sec... I didn't see the customary 'do not attempt' disclaimer'".

So, when it's came back on, I made sure to watch. Not a single time It came on did it have that 'this is a fantasy' disclaimer. There was simply nothing, as if they were actually suggesting their car could do this.
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 3:29am
I don't really hate the commetcial so much as the repetitiveness of it. I love betting on and watching all the bowl games and fox and espn play this damn commercial during every break I've never seen any channel play a commercial as much as this one!!
Ryback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 8:41pm
The irony here is they took a public transportation train to get to work on time.

Doesn't taking public trans stand in contrast to buying/owning a new car?
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 8:07am
I was at the gym doing 30 minutes of cardio with a football game on TV, and this @#$%#$ commercial came on five times.  Five times in 30 minutes?  Now seriously.  
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by mrjim mrjim wrote:

I was at the gym doing 30 minutes of cardio with a football game on TV, and this @#$%#$ commercial came on five times.  Five times in 30 minutes?  Now seriously.  

This commercial came on no less then 15 times during 2 bowl games the other day, don't know who's behind that if it's someone at espn or Nissan but I hope a Nissan Rogue runs over them!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 5:46pm
The "music" they play during this advert is an indication of what I hate about what is being passed off as music today. I'm glad that I'm old enough to remember when there actually was good music being made, instead of this electronic disco sh*te!
One man gathers what another man spills
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 7:27pm
Still getting played TWICE sometimes during the same commercial break!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 7:42pm
^^ And that twit's idiotic and pretentious "I'm such a badass driver!!" smiles/smirks she makes get more and more insufferable with every viewing. 

"Oh are we early? hehe!!!"  Angry

Shut the Censored up, yuppie.  I swear I wanna take that entire train and shove it down her pie hole.
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:17am
It's utter trash like this, that makes me irritated with the auto industry. This kind of doesn't convey to me, the sale of an automobile, it's more like, "We're gonna promote our car by acting like jackasses and doing that we know is impossible. But, you people are dumb enough to believe it. Now shut up, and buy our damn car." I swear, if I ever see some doofus do that, I'm going to snap a video of that fool and send it to a cop and to Nissan with a note that will read, 'You see this ! This is what your bad commercials have drivers trying to do thanks to your utter lack of common sense in your commercials."
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ And that twit's idiotic and pretentious "I'm such a badass driver!!" smiles/smirks she makes get more and more insufferable with every viewing. 

"Oh are we early? hehe!!!"  Angry

Shut the Censored up, yuppie.  I swear I wanna take that entire train and shove it down her pie hole.
That's what annoys me about this one too...she's so smug. You defied gravity and did something beyond illegal or dangerous, and you're gloating. Congrats. 

I'm guilty of having a lead foot, but I try not to be smug about it. Commercials that promote being a selfish jackass really aggravate me.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 1:26am
Can you believe I was wathing a college basketball game last night and this commercial only came on 3 times and not he usual 10....they're finally starting to slow it down...
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

The "music" they play during this advert is an indication of what I hate about what is being passed off as music today. I'm glad that I'm old enough to remember when there actually was good music being made, instead of this electronic disco sh*te!

That noise was supposed to be music? I thought it was two die grinders having sex. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 8:55pm

Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:09pm
I don't like it when commercials depict driving a car as something that can be easily replicated in Saints Row.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 11:25pm
Warning or not. Some idiot will try this. Darwin award!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 1:11am
I spoke too soon...in the span of 2 minutes before I could even get that god damn song out of my head it came on TWICE!!
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 10:11pm
Getting a full dose during the AFC championship game 3x alone during the last 3 breaks
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Dirtdog Dirtdog wrote:

At this point, the above applies to your running tally as much as it applies to the commercial.  Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 10:28pm
The worst thing about it is that we all know that the vast majority of women cannot handle a car or any other piece of machinery like that.

It would defy credibility badly enough if they had the man driving, but a prissy, girly, dolled-up little chick???

Puh - lease. Stern Smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
khg808 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khg808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 1:27am
I don't know, I still chuckle at the disclaimer:

"This is a fantasy. Do not attempt. Cars can't jump on trains."

At least the legal department has a sense of humor.

. . .and you know some idiot would have tried and then attempted to sue Nissan.

I do agree with the need for the repetition to be reduced. It isn't like those Mayhem commercials that are hilarious every time you see them even for the hundredth time.
The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.

-Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic