Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect Bacon Bowl-- BACON!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Bacon Bowl-- BACON!
    Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 7:48pm
I am walking on eggshells here,  PaW, did you post this already?  Anyone?  Anyone?
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 8:21pm
What an inane idea.  Yes I love bacon, but I'm not gonna make a goddamn edible bowl out of it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 8:24pm
My bacon has to be crispy, there is no way that bacon gets cooked the way i like it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 9:37pm

First of all, I've never heard of "bacon bowls".  Second of all, I don't they'd be as easy to eat as the commercial portrays.  Unless bacon's crispy, you have to pull at it with your teeth in order to break pieces off.  This seems like it would cause the "bowl" to fall apart, and the contents inside to spill out.  The only way this would work is if you eat the contents first, and the bowl last.  Then, what's the point of it?

And then there's the bacon bowl ice cream sundae.  What the hell??

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 10:08pm
I just never could get around to posting this one, lkl, ol'friend...'cause I actually kinda sorta WANT one. Prolly use it ONCE for the very reason you mention - I'm not a 'limp bacon' fan - like it crisp.
But I still want one.
Think I'd try and make bacon-wrapped-bacon. Then I'd soak it in maple syrup and shove it down the gullet an' chase it with some sunny-side-up eggs an' a few Molson Ices.
Yum.
That would make a 'magical day', doncha know...only thing that could make it better would be to have a female in her proper position, spoon-feeding me portions of the maple-bacon-ball, then carefully ensuring my taste palette was carefully cleansed by Mosons golden Ice prior to the next bite...maybe I'd need a few females. One could play some gentle harp music in the background and remain ready to serve on demand.  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 11:01pm
Crispy bacon is of the devil. if I wanted to eat flavoured bits of cement I'd eat toffee.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Crispy bacon is of the devil. if I wanted to eat flavoured bits of cement I'd eat toffee.
How about bacon-flavored, crisp toffee?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 1:47am
^^That sounds like the most perfect food ever.  EVER.
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 6:14am
I'd kind of like to try this, lol. I just don't wanna pay for it. So if I had a friend who had one of these I'd probably go over there and try it.
OnTheVedge View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheVedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 12:05am
Ugh, a meat bowl. That's truly disgusting.Sick
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 12:06am
Yay! It's the 4,625,771st "piece of crap made in China, as seen on TV"! Asinine idea.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 2:53am
Couldn't you just take a large muffin tin, turn it upside-down, and have essentially the same thing?

Why would anyone want to make a bacon bowl in the first place? If I want bacon with my food, I add it. It doesn't become the vessel my food's served in.
veoozo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote veoozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 12:52am
1.) The crunching sounds

2.) The narrator's way of saying bowl

Perfect bacon booowl

3.) No.
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 9:42pm
No, simply no! I do not want a damn bowl made out of freaking bacon! I like bacon, but I do not want a bowl made out of it, that's simply disgusting. In all my life, I have never heard of a more half baked idea in my life. I heard a fellow trucker talking about this piece of crap in Texas last night and how he was glad his wife bought him one for Christmas. All I could do was get up, and leave the restaurant. Usually, I try to be the voice of reason, but, I couldn't even find the words to offer constructive criticism. (Odd for me.) I decided to just climb into the cab of my Freightliner and pound my head on the steering wheel in disbelief, before pulling back onto 20 and continue east with my reefer bound for Dallas. All I can say is this, Bacon is good, but it DOES NOT make good edible food holders.
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 9:46pm
I'm interested in trying that out of morbid curiosity...and also bacon. f**king love bacon.

I, personally, prefer my bacon chewy. I'm not -completely- opposed to crispy bacon, but if I can have my way, I'd like it nice and soft.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 1:37am

^  But if it's chewy, you have to pull at it with your front teeth.  Seems to me that that would cause the bowl to fall apart.  And then you just end up with a buncha bacon and eggs (or whatever's in the "bowl") on your plate.  Imagine if an ice cream cone was made out of taffy rather than something crunchy.

Anyway, this is one of those products that seems better in concept than in reality.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 2:22am
I've never had chewy bacon that required a lot of pulling...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 2:39am

^  Never said "a lot".  Seems to me that any amount of pulling at it would undo the whole thing, considering the fat and the meat in bacon are of different textures.  It's not like the bacon is perforated or stitched in.

Note how carefully they're eating it in the commercial, and also, how little fat there is in their bacon.

And also note how I managed to get all three versions of "there" in the above sentence.

ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 3:43am
^Not only did you manage to get all 3 versions in one sentence, but they were all used correctly. The English major in me loves you, Thor :-)
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 5:19am
I saw both this ad, and the one for the StufZ stuffed burger maker, for the first time the other day.

While I do enjoy bacon occasionally, I think the stuffed burger maker would be much more useful. They have some awesome ideas in that ad.

My favorite is the burger stuffed with mac and cheese. Thumbs Up
Hundreds of threads killed.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 1:09pm
^^Ugh, my eyes!  He reminds me of that idiot Guy Fieri or whatever the freak his name is.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by ItsAllTME ItsAllTME wrote:

^Not only did you manage to get all 3 versions in one sentence, but they were all used correctly. The English major in me loves you, Thor :-)

Thank you.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by ItsAllTME ItsAllTME wrote:

Thank you.

ShockedShe's clearly not English! That's an improper curtsy by an incorrect child.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 5:01pm

^  In many ways, I'm an 8 y/o black girl.  

But then, aren't we all?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 5:09pm
She seems to have a skin condition. Ink spot-itus or perhaps hashtag fungus.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic