Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 5:21am
I don't claim to know a whole lot about car insurance (I was insured under my parents at State Farm , now under my husband at Geico without ever having to choose for myself), so I really don't get how EVERY company can claim it saves you money when you switch. I go with where my family is because we get a cheaper rate for insuring together, that seems most logical anyway. The only time I saved with Geico is when I moved back up to Ohio, apparently my husband and I pay 200 less every 6 months because insurance is cheaper here.

They shouldn't even be allowed to gloat on about comparing your rates with "other top companies" because, again, don't they ALL gloat about that? One of these days I'm going to do the online quote and really see where I'd be cheapest, but I doubt I'll get any better then what I get for sharing Geico with my husband.
Sponsored Links

fallenangel9184 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallenangel9184 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 2:44pm
has anyone ever noticed as the commercials progress (hah wink wink) her hair bump gets bigger and bigger and BIGGER..and weirder T_T
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Chcuk E Chcuk E wrote:

I don't her either of those things....I think she's a hottie....
If there's a CIH version of a court-martial, I think we've both laid ourselves open to it. I hope Stephanie / Flo appreciates that.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I don't claim to know a whole lot about car insurance (I was insured under my parents at State Farm , now under my husband at Geico without ever having to choose for myself), so I really don't get how EVERY company can claim it saves you money when you switch. I go with where my family is because we get a cheaper rate for insuring together, that seems most logical anyway. The only time I saved with Geico is when I moved back up to Ohio, apparently my husband and I pay 200 less every 6 months because insurance is cheaper here.

They shouldn't even be allowed to gloat on about comparing your rates with "other top companies" because, again, don't they ALL gloat about that? One of these days I'm going to do the online quote and really see where I'd be cheapest, but I doubt I'll get any better then what I get for sharing Geico with my husband.

I had AIS do a rate comparison for me about 10 years ago.  They found that Mercury would provide me the best rate.  I currently pay about $525/year for full liability and collision ($1,000 deductible) on my one car.  I can't imagine I'd find anything cheaper, and at that rate, how much cheaper could it be anyway?

So, I'll just stick with them.

BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by kuribo kuribo wrote:

Doesn't insurance kinda sell itself?

I mean, you have to have it for your vehicle, (at least in Maryland). From there, the thought process isn't "Hey, whose commercial do I like best," it's "What's the least amount of money I can pay for something that the law says I have to have?"

You'd think so, wouldn't cha? What kind of moron is impressed enough by these commercials to get insurance with them?
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 8:58pm
I think Chcuk E is trying to incite a riot!Wink How could anyone like this character, Flo? It's not just her, either, it's the STUPID commercials she is in. I can't believe how nerdy these commercials come across as!!

I'm surprised to see that some of the women here at CIH don't seem to mind Flo as much as the guys. Usually, women are catty and are more critical of other women than men.

Either way, me, being a guy, loathe these commercials. I really am astounded that they apparently work on ANYone.
Crazylegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazylegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Ebola Guy Ebola Guy wrote:

The commercials were cute at first, but the Progressive Insurance ones are no longer.

That smart ass of a cashier has wore out her welcome and has to go.
Progressive has annoyed me for years with their adds from way back with the guy who used to brag about progressive but the progressive lady campaign is horrible, is it supposed to be funny?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic